Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"
MasterKnives wrote:

What exactly are you complaining about here? That you can't finish the most difficult pinnacle content in the game? News flash it's designed to be difficult for a reason that's the whole reason for playing a game to begin with the challenge. My builds demolish tier 16 maps with no practical effort required everything beyond that is content you work for if you have the time and the willpower and knowhow it's meant to be difficult and needs to stay difficult. Mapping needs to be slowed down. I'm okay doing the campaign in six hours but you shouldn't be able to get to the end of the atlas by naturally playing in a day. Everything else is rng dependent and based off your preferences for which content interests you. While you sit there making pointless attacks on me because you're upset the game doesn't cater to your personal limitation perhaps you should put that effort into refining your own strategy for how you approach the game because clearly it isn't working.

I'd suggest you to check opponent's character before claiming that his strategy aint working XDDD

Demolish t16 maps - oh boi, if we are not speaking about 5 deli orb full juice - this is what u are supposed to do on every single low budget build... That's NOT what you call * clear all content *

I'm complaining because atm game starts to feel good only after some investment, and this amount is increasing rapidly during last leagues, from 5 to 20, from 20 to 50, from 50 to 200, etc,etc..

And dont worry about me - I made thousands, I'm gonna make thousands, but I'm gonna enjoy game WAY less. I'm complaining because game forces me to chew garbage content for a bit longer with every single league, and cant say that i enjoy that approach...
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
Last edited by Anngrat on Aug 6, 2022, 4:49:02 PM
And that's fine you can be the better player I'm a ok with that. But to state the game is too difficult is insanity we have more tools then ever to make a successful build it's the easiest it's ever been
Last edited by MasterKnives on Aug 6, 2022, 4:49:33 PM
"
MasterKnives wrote:
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
MasterKnives wrote:

I easily completed all the gameplay I was looking for and built 5 characters that were all content viable. If you're placing your hope in blizzard that's your call I wouldnt hold my breath. The game has so much content that can be done at anytime you want with variable levels of difficulty it just isn't that hard.

So, I could create a new character, run acts and claim that it's viable for all content I'm looking for, because I'm not going to go further than acts? Noice logic.

In my opinion, 3.18 had 3 major content chapters - uber bosses, juiced mapping/bossing with sentinels and recombinators. To claim that you did all combat league content you are supposed to slice uber's and juiced sentinel's 24/7 with your eyes closed...

Otherwise your statement looks like, I build a cleave character for 5 ex with 500k dps, run few maps, I'm 100% sure that i could any content, I could oneshot any uber. but i wont do it because game is sooo easy and I'm bored...

What exactly are you complaining about here? That you can't finish the most difficult pinnacle content in the game? News flash it's designed to be difficult for a reason that's the whole reason for playing a game to begin with the challenge. My builds demolish tier 16 maps with no practical effort required everything beyond that is content you work for if you have the time and the willpower and knowhow it's meant to be difficult and needs to stay difficult. Mapping needs to be slowed down. I'm okay doing the campaign in six hours but you shouldn't be able to get to the end of the atlas by naturally playing in a day. Everything else is rng dependent and based off your preferences for which content interests you. While you sit there making pointless attacks on me because you're upset the game doesn't cater to your personal limitation perhaps you should put that effort into refining your own strategy for how you approach the game because clearly it isn't working.

He thinks he knows better, because he made 40/40 challenges on no brain summoner and his opinion is more important, than yours.
Also, he thinks that adding "can't wait for D4" in every his message will make GGG to change their mind.
And I'm happy thats an option if people want to play it that way. The game is about freedom of choice and it mostly delivers on that with lots of issues for sure.
"
MasterKnives wrote:
And that's fine you can be the better player I'm a ok with that. Bit to state the game is too difficult is insanity we have more tools then ever to make a successful build it's the easiest it's ever been

Game is HEAVILY overtuned, it's hella too difficult. Aiming to turn it into OHMYGOD HARDCORE ZOMG game gonna force 99% players to quit.

Actually I made a heavy profit this league from hard content, got 1250+ vouches from uber bosses, made a lot of currency,

BUT

I'd still prefer the game to be waaaay easier. Everyone gets mageblood, mirror? Sounds great! Everyone could kill all uber bosses and nobody needs my boosts? Amazing!

"
pr0mete1 wrote:

He thinks he knows better, because he made 40/40 challenges on no brain summoner and his opinion is more important, than yours.
Also, he thinks that adding "can't wait for D4" in every his message will make GGG to change their mind.

The only problem - I did it on non-summoner build, dunno, check opponent's gems next time? Mapping done on tornado shot, bossing done on cremation =)
Last edited by Anngrat on Aug 6, 2022, 4:59:29 PM
"
Anngrat wrote:

"
pr0mete1 wrote:

The only problem - I did it on non-summoner build, dunno, check opponent's gems next time? Mapping done on tornado shot, bossing done on cremation =)

You are my hero now.
"
pr0mete1 wrote:
"
Anngrat wrote:

"
pr0mete1 wrote:

You are my hero now.

Trolling aside, I really dont understand your position.

You played X hours in the league, made a build, progress to y point. Y point is somewhere below the start of the endgame. I just dont understand - don't you want to run ALL content, really ALL content that game has to offer.

And you demand to make it even harder? So Y point for you gonna be even further from endgame, so you could access even less content in the game? I just fail to spot ANY logic here...
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
pr0mete1 wrote:
"
Anngrat wrote:

You are my hero now.

Trolling aside, I really dont understand your position.

You played X hours in the league, made a build, progress to y point. Y point is somewhere below the start of the endgame. I just dont understand - don't you want to run ALL content, really ALL content that game has to offer.

And you demand to make it even harder? So Y point for you gonna be even further from endgame, so you could access even less content in the game? I just fail to spot ANY logic here...

Not everyone plays like you, just remember it.
I picked skill in this league that only looks cool, made 93 level on it (with my best character ever have 95), killed few non-uber bosses, farmed mechanics I like and had a fun time. The only thing I didn't like was immunity affixes that GGG nerfed pretty fast.
I will do it again in next league with a pleasure.
"
tnengineer wrote:
Tired of the minion build nerfs... What you basically are saying is this:
If you are rich, you will have more minion damage than before because you can afford the items, otherwise you will get nerfed. The rich get rewarded with more power (as if they need it) and everyone else playing minions will be penalized.

Just like in real life, those with all the wealth get even more power and wealth, while the poor must be kept down.

No what they have done is created more ways for you to boost your minions. With the new itemization chances are your builds can be stronger then they ever were before. This also opens the opportunity for another ascendency since now you can get the plus 2 from your helmet. Leveling them will be smoother because you'll have lower level versions of the minion wands, and shields with stats. What they did for summoners was free them from the repetition that frankly was required for most variants of the builds.
"
pr0mete1 wrote:

Not everyone plays like you, just remember it.
I picked skill in this league that only looks cool, made 93 level on it (with my best character ever have 95), killed few non-uber bosses, farmed mechanics I like and had a fun time. The only thing I didn't like was immunity affixes that GGG nerfed pretty fast.
I will do it again in next league with a pleasure.

With such approach nerfs/buffs have almost no effect on your gameplay and in-game experience, so why do you want the nerfs then?

"
MasterKnives wrote:

No what they have done is created more ways for you to boost your minions. With the new itemization chances are your builds can be stronger then they ever were before. This also opens the opportunity for another ascendency since now you can get the plus 2 from your helmet. Leveling them will be smoother because you'll have lower level versions of the minion wands, and shields with stats. What they did for summoners was free them from the repetition that frankly was required for most variants of the builds.

The leveling wont be smoother - generally you gonna end up with 0 - 2 minion bases dropped with something like 0 minion mods on it. And minion fossils gonna be hella expensive, you wont be able to buy a bulk of fossils/recombinators for 10c and craft crappy minion gear.
Last edited by Anngrat on Aug 6, 2022, 5:29:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info