Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"

I think the problem with the minion builds is that you afk and do nothing. You just run around the minions and basically you stay afk. What they are trying to do is transfer the minion builds to all classes and make them tier S with high investment, so if you like to afk in the game you have to work on gathering currency to do that. I mean, most of minion builds today, with high investment they just destroy most of content and the player can stay on youtoube and watch cartoons. Empyrean had a video where he was doing upgraded blighted and he left to eat for 8 min with no towers at tier 16. The map was done when he came back. I think they want to address this part of the build mostly.

Except he's a lousy example because most players aren't going to be able to match his level of investment, especially if they favor minion builds.

By design they're a hands off approach. And I'm pretty sure that video was long before the days of archnem mods which pretty much address the afk thing.
Yep, totally over league play.
I stopped the game in Sentinel; but not going to rejoin for Lake of Kalandra :((

I loved to focus on Challenges and go for 40/40, but this Sentinel league was looking impossible if not playing 10h a day... I do have a job, this is a game; but you can't enjoy all contents anymore if not hardcore player.

See you next league maybe!
Last edited by Valmedar on Aug 6, 2022, 4:02:59 PM
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
MasterKnives wrote:

Go play another game it's not for you if you're really struggling. The last league was pathetically easy to the point of absolute boredom the issue isn't the game [Removed by Support].

Pathetically easy - uber bosses 0/100, 4 mod rares 9/100,2 (two!) empowered map bosses... Dude, you didnt even engage with league content!
Also if the game is so easy - link a stack of mirrors in a league, if you claim that league was so easy, you should definatly have them, aint you?

Go play another game - sadly D4 aint out yet, and all other arpg are terribly bad... I wish D4 release and competition gonna shake up GGG mind somehow...

I easily completed all the gameplay I was looking for and built 5 characters that were all content viable. If you're placing your hope in blizzard that's your call I wouldnt hold my breath. The game has so much content that can be done at anytime you want with variable levels of difficulty it just isn't that hard.
"
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
MasterKnives wrote:

Go play another game it's not for you if you're really struggling. The last league was pathetically easy to the point of absolute boredom the issue isn't the game [Removed by Support].

Pathetically easy - uber bosses 0/100, 4 mod rares 9/100,2 (two!) empowered map bosses... Dude, you didnt even engage with league content!
Also if the game is so easy - link a stack of mirrors in a league, if you claim that league was so easy, you should definatly have them, aint you?

Go play another game - sadly D4 aint out yet, and all other arpg are terribly bad... I wish D4 release and competition gonna shake up GGG mind somehow...

Do you think you, talking about competition is going to help the argument? I really do not understand why people argue about a global situation, and somehow they make it personal. Be nice, state your opinion and bring constructive ideas. Wishing for D4 so GGG would change their mind, it is kind of childish.

It has nothing to do with competition, but you bragging the game is easy and having no ground to stand on. Belittling people will get you called out.
Yep, totally over league play.
Have you played the previous leagues? The game hands out six links like candy. Cluster jewels are more affordable then ever. Crafting options out the ass to get desired rolls with more deterministic crafting. The game has been super easy for a long ass time now.
IF you guys want a true challenge then go play POE on console. Ha, I knew that would scare you!!!!!! Just kidding, peace and love from the console community. :)
"
Daron Wojo wrote:
IF you guys want a true challenge then go play POE on console. Ha, I knew that would scare you!!!!!! Just kidding, peace and love from the console community. :)

To be fair I do break out a controller sometimes when I'm playing easier to manage builds for the comfort and it's great.
"
MasterKnives wrote:

I easily completed all the gameplay I was looking for and built 5 characters that were all content viable. If you're placing your hope in blizzard that's your call I wouldnt hold my breath. The game has so much content that can be done at anytime you want with variable levels of difficulty it just isn't that hard.

So, I could create a new character, run acts and claim that it's viable for all content I'm looking for, because I'm not going to go further than acts? Noice logic.

In my opinion, 3.18 had 3 major content chapters - uber bosses, juiced mapping/bossing with sentinels and recombinators. To claim that you did all combat league content you are supposed to slice uber's and juiced sentinel's 24/7 with your eyes closed...

Otherwise your statement looks like, I build a cleave character for 5 ex with 500k dps, run few maps, I'm 100% sure that i could any content, I could oneshot any uber. but i wont do it because game is sooo easy and I'm bored...
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
MasterKnives wrote:

So, I could create a new character, run acts and claim that it's viable for all content I'm looking for, because I'm not going to go further than acts? Noice logic.

In my opinion, 3.18 had 3 major content chapters - uber bosses, juiced mapping/bossing with sentinels and recombinators. To claim that you did all combat league content you are supposed to slice uber's and juiced sentinel's 24/7 with your eyes closed...

Otherwise your statement looks like, I build a cleave character for 5 ex with 500k dps, run few maps, I'm 100% sure that i could any content, I could oneshot any uber. but i wont do it because game is sooo easy and I'm bored...

What exactly are you complaining about here? That you can't finish the most difficult pinnacle content in the game? News flash it's designed to be difficult for a reason that's the whole reason for playing a game to begin with the challenge. My builds demolish tier 16 maps with no practical effort required everything beyond that is content you work for if you have the time and the willpower and knowhow it's meant to be difficult and needs to stay difficult. Mapping needs to be slowed down. I'm okay doing the campaign in six hours but you shouldn't be able to get to the end of the atlas by naturally playing in a day. Everything else is rng dependent and based off your preferences for which content interests you. While you sit there making pointless attacks on me because you're upset the game doesn't cater to your personal limitation perhaps you should put that effort into refining your own strategy for how you approach the game because clearly it isn't working.
Tired of the minion build nerfs... What you basically are saying is this:
If you are rich, you will have more minion damage than before because you can afford the items, otherwise you will get nerfed. The rich get rewarded with more power (as if they need it) and everyone else playing minions will be penalized.

Just like in real life, those with all the wealth get even more power and wealth, while the poor must be kept down.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info