Searing Bond

anyone try lighting warp totem faster casting and this? elemental equilibrium added lightning. fliker strike multistrike. just because u dont do damage with a skill dont mean the skill does'nt have a function. ^^
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Apr 13, 2013, 5:56:02 AM
I've been tried to use searing touch for this skill

and the damage of the skill seems to be the same

unless I put the skill on it

so , the 70% increased burning damage not work on it?!

BUT this skill DO deal burning damage ...

there is really no way to increase damage of the skill.
^ U are right, burning damage doesnt inrease the damage. Seems like realy nothing can improve the damage of searing bond. Sad...

I cant see any use of this skill. Perhaps in the early stages for leveling. But with every level this skill becomes even worse due to no opportunities to increase its damage. Wtf is the thought behind such a skill?
Last edited by Supp0rtguy on Apr 13, 2013, 8:55:39 AM
sry doublepost
Last edited by Supp0rtguy on Apr 13, 2013, 8:33:31 AM
Running a dual totem, elemental equilibrium build and I can confirm that elemental equilibrium does not work with searing bonds. This can be considered a double edge. On the one hand you can still use fire based attacks if you want, on the other hand you can't use it to trigger vulnerabilities to the other elements.

I've tested the lightning warp totem scenario and as other people have mentioned it's more for the lols than practical. Lightning warp is based on the character's movement speed so faster casting has little effect (not saying none just less effect). Also the movement of the lightning totem is too sporadic. Every time you move or your totem moves the searing lines will also move and since damage is based on damage over time you're reducing the amount of time a monster is burning on the lines.

I haven't tried the new unique that allows for the 3rd totem but I'd imagine you could easily get a/multiple flask(s) with the property "Immune to curses and removes curse on use" to overcome it's flaw. This is just speculation. Overall though, I have to agree that this totem should be a support unless there is some secret dev tested build that makes it a viable main offense attack.
Could a dev give us a feedback if its intended that this skill cant be improved in any way? So far every skill could be improved (even Portal^^), wired...
"
suyushan wrote:
I've been tried to use searing touch for this skill

and the damage of the skill seems to be the same

unless I put the skill on it

so , the 70% increased burning damage not work on it?!

BUT this skill DO deal burning damage ...

there is really no way to increase damage of the skill.

"
Supp0rtguy wrote:
^ U are right, burning damage doesnt inrease the damage. Seems like realy nothing can improve the damage of searing bond. Sad...

I cant see any use of this skill. Perhaps in the early stages for leveling. But with every level this skill becomes even worse due to no opportunities to increase its damage. Wtf is the thought behind such a skill?

Burning damage does increase Searing Bond's damage, it just isn't shown in tooltip.

I think that devs intended it to be used in triple totem scenerio as it is the only burning damage skill that stacks with itself and every additional totem gives you more rays. For instance if you put 2 totems near yourself and 3rd totem near enemy, that totem will fire 3 beams, and recive 2 beams dealing 5x listed damage in slight AoE near it. If you put all 3 totem near 1 enemy and you are near it too then target would recive 9x listed damage.
Last edited by Scol91 on Apr 13, 2013, 9:40:17 AM
I had recently made a character that I wanted to try dual totem (ancestral bond) on. Was planning a more typical build but right around the time I hit 31 for my spell totem and AB I got the Searing Bond skill. I finished up normal and am now part way through cruel (so can't vouch for end game) but for now I'm using 1 arc totem with static blows and 1 searing bond totem and pretty much everything is just melting. I am running 130% burning damage (one set of passive nodes and searing touch staff). For end game I think I'll be ok on damage, I'm more worried about being able to survive the hits in melee while I run around hitting them with lasers.

Oh and fyi, while SB is not fire damage, putting a SB in the Searing Touch does give the +2 lvl for fire gem bonus. So the fact that my ST gem is not taking any support gems, gives me room to also put my fire trap gem with support gems in the staff for an added bonus.

I'm currently running vulnerability and once I get the double curse I'm debating between conductivity for the extra shock or temporal chains or enfeeble for survivability.

edit: got halfway through cruel and had to ditch it... damage didn't keep up :(

Last edited by kethraveris on Apr 13, 2013, 10:06:54 PM
I am currently lvl 79 in Default, and my build (which I will link below) is completely centered around burning damage.

My main skill is Fire Trap, which one will clear any given screen in maps up to lvl 72 given all of my aoe boosting to proliferation and the trap itself.

I was thrilled to get, yet another, stacking burning skill as it would fit perfectly into my coward play style of toss and run. I can say for sure that it is currently underwhelming in it's damage. I have only leveled it to level 15 thus far, however it is still not worth the cast. I intend to further level it, for testing purposes, as I feel I am a strong candidate to test the full potential of this skill.

Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAW8FWwdjDH0OSBB_ES8RUBGWEmkVUBW4FdcXHB7wHwIo-ilPKrosnCy_MtE2xTbYOtg74TwFPI49X0VHRtdJG03YUlNVrlZjVytdxmBtbRlxeX1Tfll_xoKbhEiGrodlh9uIG4hri4yMdo6-ksGVIJYyl5WX9JmanC2drp_foqOnCKcrr7e1BLaGtve4k7vWwFTBxcHzw23Gnshb14bYJNrd3GLd89-w4XPi9-OE5CLmgetj6-7sGOw47FXtIO9874XxbA==
Last edited by larrison on Apr 13, 2013, 10:09:04 AM
Hmm. If the "at either end" part isn't an aoe, does it at least successfully ignite enemies in melee range? Or, can somebody explain how the "at either end" part actually behaves? Does this successfully function as a supplement to melee as I am hoping, or is only the beam really relevant?

Thought I'd have the time last night to level up my Templar and pick this up as a quest reward.. Unfortunately I only had the time to make it to the end of City of Sarn and lag out before reaching town, then go to bed. Hopefully will be able to test this out today.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info