Searing Bond

i'm not a friend of saying a certain skill is useless but this skill IS USELESS!

how am i supposed to kill with it?

i run searing touch and several burning passives so this skill should at least do good damage but it doesnt...

the whole usages of this skill is waaaaay too slow and complicated

i cast it behind a bunch of mobs and run around like an idiot to have 2 or 3 in the line of fire, but what happens is those mobs turn around and 2 hit the totem. so i cast another one...and another one....and another one....while doing this my whole party is laughing their asses of and clearing the whole map without me!
this skill would still be bad and slow if mobs would die instantly
It's meant as damage support for an existing build, not as a primary damage option. If you're already built to do burn damage it's an extra option. Fire Trap/Proliferation builds can make use of it, for example. As can some niche burn damage RF builds.
Added this skill to my megaburner build and got to say it's quite nice. With Searing Touch and the burning passives it deals some pretty decent damage that stacks with my Fireball ignite damage. I use it pretty much as I would a decoy, to pull mobs together for proliferated burning, while doing some extra damage. Also the burn around the character helps kill faster any mobs catching up to you in melee.

Nice skill, though doubt it will be very effective without using Searing Touch. That burn damage is so hard to boost otherwise.

-Ropetus
Author of Build of the Week #11: PalavaKostaja - Righteous Fire Marauder
"
Lionguild wrote:
Or better yet. Make "searing bond" a support gem that only works on totems. That would be cool no?

When I saw this skill just now, all I could think of was "I wish I could have multiple Searing Bond totems each spamming Lightning Warp"

which would mean that it would need to be a support gem for totems that also works on the Spell Totem (and Ranged Totem) support gem.
support support gems?

Actually, it would be better if it was just an aura, which affects totems within a radius of you...
I usually play a dual arctotemplar, which I enjoy alot. So i was interested when u released a new totem skill. Built a pyrotemp to try it out. At lvl 31 I took dual totem passive and got searing bond as a quest reward. I found the experience altogether underwhelming.... it was play able........ just. Compared to my other options such as spell totem rain of fire or fireball it is fucked.

I does not scale from spell damage or cast speed or fire damage bonuses, only from burning damage which i have not got yet....... so it is not really like a spell but more of a melee support.

The fact that its attack projection from the caster is either baseline or negative, ei nessesitates drawing monster toward u in order to damage, increases the risk on being surround, and as it does not offer me the nessesary fire power to blast out of that situation it is a shitful option for a dual totem build.

It does benefit from +1 fire gem items and twin beams kill faster if u can align them on target but it is way to risky to play this skill as a hc dual totem build.

Game play is very slow with this as a main skill, I don't mind slow, dual totem can be slow but man this is painful.

If this skill is only ment as a support then leave it as is but to be viable as a main it definately needs a damage buff and a damage radius from totems buff, even then it is still a risky dual totem skill.
When all your fears combined, the manifest was refined.
I know you really tried to understand. This is a new way!
- Pendulum.
After popping a Searing Bond totem for the first time in group, I have to admit it seemed a little lackluster, but an idea came to mind; why not make the flame beam attach to all party members? With this change, maybe also reduce the damage by some percent per group member so that you don't have 6 people standing on top of a boss and melting it down instantly.

Such a change would open up interesting new group dynamics and maybe pave the way for more "shared" skills that can benefit from more than one player.
IGN: BigFerrousMetal
Last edited by Directrix on Apr 16, 2013, 11:34:34 PM
Does Searing Bond get the +damage if linked to a Remote Mine?
Allowing aoe to affect the radius of the burning near the ends of the beams and also the width of the beams would really wet my noodle!
Been playing around with this skill for a week now and have com to the conclusion that its pretty garbage.

1 - It doesnt scale well, why would I even bother to cast this totem when it deals "crap" damage when you compare it to my main skill

2 - You cant support it with barley any support gems and the only way to scale damage is through the 5 burning damage nodes and the newly added support gem with gives more fire damage.
Shame that ignite and fire pen doesnt work.

3 - I can understand that this skill maybe wasnt made to be a main damage source but more or a utility skill but it really fails in this regards, because you cant support it with anything decent support gems such as culling strike or blind and if it really was meant to be a utility skill why wouldnt it been an iceskill that way it would at least chill people.

I would like to see it either scale WAY better in damage so it would be worth actually to cast it OR revamp the skill to make it into ice and work with skills such as ele prolif,culling strike and blind.
This skills is utter trash as for now, it REALLY has great potential to add new fun game play styles etc, I REALLY hope you rework this skill....
Last edited by Jillys on Apr 19, 2013, 1:51:53 AM
Im curious if LE Heup of all ring increases the searing bond dmg as it says " X increased dmg" which means pretty much all dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info