Searing Bond

"
topeight wrote:
I think most people are missing the main bonus of this skill. It like Cyclone allows you do damage while moving instead of being rooted during animations. This is a huge boost to your survivability. While moving you take hardly any damage compared to the damage you take while standing still.

But ... aren't all totems exactly identical to this feature by definition?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
onomastikon wrote:
"
topeight wrote:
I think most people are missing the main bonus of this skill. It like Cyclone allows you do damage while moving instead of being rooted during animations. This is a huge boost to your survivability. While moving you take hardly any damage compared to the damage you take while standing still.

yep. It's little more than a manually aimed Flame Totem when all is said and done. You just trade support gems for higher base DPS.
has anyone tried to see if the quantity and rarity supports work? Im thinking if you are running a searing bond build. You might as well support it with something!
This should have been a support skill on totems in general, not a separate totem. Then range or spell totems could have used it. Duel totems it does not work well even as a fire duel totem build.
IGN MasterDavid
Shop Threads:
Rampage Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1008652
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/poe_masterdavid
"
Lionguild wrote:
has anyone tried to see if the quantity and rarity supports work? Im thinking if you are running a searing bond build. You might as well support it with something!

They do not work with this skill. At least Quantity does not, I can confirm that.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
onomastikon wrote:
"
topeight wrote:

Yea I guess lol. I don't know. Honestly that's the only up side I could think of for the gem.
it is amazing no one pointed out the manacost.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
it is amazing no one pointed out the manacost.

for a totem that isn't going to be attached to any support gems the mana cost is pretty much what you'd expect.

I've given it some thought and I think the only build that would use this is a tri-totem burn damage build. Using ST and the new 3rd totem unique, you would get 150% burn damage. You could link this to a decoy totem to create an AoE taunting AoE burning totem that you lay fire traps on for stacked burns, and still have a 3rd totem slot free for whatever.... skeletons or spork or something I guess. Maybe lightning warp, since the 3rd totem will be carrying that AoE burn around with it too. although it'd get itself killed more, which means more curses on you.

Definitely a solo build since you're waiting out curses between fights and setting up 3 totems per fight is mad slow compared to LA or FP kill speeds, but it should be a relatively safe setup that has a lot of potential to distract incoming fire, as well as be immune to reflect damage. Also since burning is your primary damage you invest all of 8 nodes in offence and everything else goes to survival/sustain/utility.
Does anyone know if the extra damage from remote mine works with it?
╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗
╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚
"
IreliVent wrote:
Does anyone know if the extra damage from remote mine works with it?

Nope. The only damgace increase that works is 'increased burning damage'.

Does anyone know if "increased radius of area skills" works on AoE around totem/player?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info