Searing Bond

If you haven't noticed there is a new unique chest that synergizes with this skill called soul mantle allowing you to have 3 totems with ancestral bond. It seems like setting down 2 spell totems with fireball and searing bond totem would maximize dps by getting the burn nodes and searing touch.
"
Spherous wrote:
Wondering if I can link it with Chance to Ignite? And thus Elemental Proliferation as well? Or Fire Pen?

Fire Penetration doesn't work with degeneration(unlike Fire Resistance Reduction).
Chance to Ignite is on-hit effect. Searing Bond does not hit.
Elemental Proliferation only spreads elemental aliments (ignite[which is specific kind of burning damage], shock, freeze & chill)
Anyone knows how to improve damage with passvies beside burning damage?
no other way , same as fire trap burning ground dmg - only option is Elemental Equilibrium
Is the reason that NO support functions with this skill because it does not hit? I would have thought that Fire Penetration would work, but that does not. I cannot find a support that works at all, except for Increased Duration. I am guessing that this is intentional.

Does anyone know if the life of the totem increases dramatically?
Does anyone know what quality does?

Thank you
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
onomastikon wrote:
Is the reason that NO support functions with this skill because it does not hit? I would have thought that Fire Penetration would work, but that does not. I cannot find a support that works at all, except for Increased Duration. I am guessing that this is intentional.

Does anyone know if the life of the totem increases dramatically?
Does anyone know what quality does?

Thank you

quality increases totem life by 1% per. Increased duration obviously only buffs the totem duration.

This gem really doesn't have any support skill synergy. You can use a Searing Touch unique staff for more burn damage if you like though.
"
Scol91 wrote:
"
Spherous wrote:
Wondering if I can link it with Chance to Ignite? And thus Elemental Proliferation as well? Or Fire Pen?

Fire Penetration doesn't work with degeneration(unlike Fire Resistance Reduction).
Chance to Ignite is on-hit effect. Searing Bond does not hit.
Elemental Proliferation only spreads elemental aliments (ignite[which is specific kind of burning damage], shock, freeze & chill)

Except with Fire Trap, you can link it with Chance to Ignite, Elemental Proliferation, and Increased AOE and do a stupid amount of damage, to the whole screen.

If you're going to use searing touch, it would be better to just use Fire Trap, over Searing Bond. It's a neat skill idea, but unless they give it a way to link it with something useful, it can't be scaled to do any decent damage.

Though I would imagine dual curse with Flammability and Vulnerability would work well. Triple curse Elemental Weakness in there. But again, if you do that with fire trap, you're still going to do more.

You can't even use Cloak of Flame with this ability :/
Last edited by Spherous on Apr 12, 2013, 4:36:30 PM
Is the "damage near either end" an aoe? If so Inc AoE support and passives should work to make the area larger. If not, how does it deal damage to targets "near the end" without being an aoe? This could be something of a trick to make it worth while, especially for melee. Going to grab this and try it out on my IB Slash Templar. Really hoping my aoe passives benefit it.

"
I want to try it with a lightning warp spell totem, for mobile fun!

Brilliant! Won't be terribly effective but the shenanigans should be fun :)

"
JonnyMonroe wrote:
If you use 2 searing bond totems you should get 4 beams, as each totem should send a beam to the other totem and to you (the beam between the 2 totems should actually be 2 beams that are ALWAYS stacked).

I'm curious if this is actually the case. Does each totem actually project a beam to each target, or are all targets simply linked?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
I think most people are missing the main bonus of this skill. It like Cyclone allows you do damage while moving instead of being rooted during animations. This is a huge boost to your survivability. While moving you take hardly any damage compared to the damage you take while standing still.
The end damage does not appear to class as an AoE as far as I can tell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info