Searing Bond

Doon Cuebiyari sceptre's dmg bonus applies to SB too, but Iron Will-not
"
The_26th_King wrote:
Doon Cuebiyari sceptre's dmg bonus applies to SB too, but Iron Will-not

better off with +level to gems though from scepters and staffs
Just wanted to share my end game mapping and atziri killing Searing Bond build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1144097

14K DPS tool tip before EE and dual curse.
What aura beneficial to the Searing Bond?
Late reply but figure others would want to know...

Only defensive auras. More specifically purity of elements helps quite a lot.
I like the idea of Searing Bond.

I had try very hard to play this skill with one of caracter. But the power of the skill is a great deception, even at level 27 (that l use actualy), if you compare to many other skill.

The last modifications (nerf) kill this skill. Almost anybody play that actually.

Can i hope this skill will have a little help from GGG in the near future for revitalise my Searing Bond totem marauder?

Suggestions:
(1) little boost of damage of the gem,
(2) more possibility in the passive skill tree for boost damage over time (DOT) and burning damage,
(3) more compatibility gems (ex: Add fire damage, Fire penetration; Increase Area Of Effect; new gem for boost DOT)...

Last edited by Ratcha on Apr 14, 2015, 1:43:58 AM
no... only thing this gem lacks is totem survivability and more support gem options. damage is reasonable, nothing to be focused on but it can take down things pretty fast.

there's two ways to play this regardless of multiple totems or not:
1) the originally designed intention of its usage, drop it then player moves into fray and thus getting extra damage in melee. problem of this is that we'd never be tanky enough and still have other dps options normally.
2) cast it in front of you, having IT tank instead. problem here is that totems are MORE fragile than player. benefits however involves getting mobs to one point for next skill and foes are obviously not hitting you (yet). if foes kill it and go to you, if you somewhat survivable, you can just recast at the far away spot to hit nearly all foes moving to you, of which they'll die if you're speced reasonably.

only #1 could be used at "endgame" but the downside clearly stresses it cannot be used as such as there's not enough OTHER dps going around.
For my marauder level 93, the Searing Bond (SB) totem isn't a side skill. I take all that i can in the skill tree, in armor, in item to support SB.

The result of my experience is: SB can't be the main attack skill. It's side skill to complet something else.

My hope was to use 2 totem SB as main skill of my character. Sometimes 3 with the unique armor, but this armor is to low level to be use in end game.

The Searing Bond (level 27) is actually the main skill of my marauder, with the support of the flame totem. My character made a little bit more than 17k dps with SB.

With another character of same level (93) who use Summon Raging Spirit (level 28), i can do many times this dps. No photo finish. The result on the game is also more fun, effective and spectacular to use.

In the actual state of the game, my experience tell me that use Searing Bond as main skill is not a good option for late game.

My suggestion was to boost a little bit the end game SB possibility. Maybe this was not absolutely clear in my precedent post.

For the moment, i have two options.

(1) I abandon this character and reset it with a different skill at the next possibility.

(2) I quit the second totem node (Ancestral Bond) for take another main skill with the «esthetic» support of SB.

In both case, it's a deception for me.

It's not the first of the game (i think to guardian, by exemple). And i will survive...

But if it was possible to give a second life the SB... I'll happy because i like SB!

Last edited by Ratcha on Apr 14, 2015, 11:05:20 PM
SB not being a good choice for end game is totally wrong.

SB is totally viable end game as a main skill as well as the only source of dps. I have completed every map from fresh 66 to nasty corrupted 78 maps. I have even downed and farmed atziri with only searing bond as my dps source. All with pretty budget gear. The build clears maps many would run from.

Now, is it as OP as say srs? No. Will it drop everything outside Uber? Yes.

Warping searing bond guide in Templar if u are curious.

As far as totem defenses, run purity of elements, stack endurance charges, all the totem defense nodes and quality is important. Problem solved outside of massive rooms of crazy monsters. At that point all totem builds have problems.

The dps of SB is fine. I think the mechanics need to change because it has very few practical play styles for end game challenging content.
I read some articles on Searing Bond templar... i had read the article on Searing Bond the skill, and some artciles on Searing Bond marauder, but not those.

Two things...

(1) The use of Lightning warp is a interesting alternative to Flame totem as second attack.

The «movement» of totem is a skill that i haven't try before. After some hour of use, i prefer that. It's more dynamic, more effective... The Searing Bond go to mobs...

(2) The use of two mace with bonus of elemental damage is also usefull.

I already use a staff (2 hands) +3 fire. I also try a mace one hand (+3 fire) with a shield... But i never try a «duelist» version of Searing Bond. With my mace +3 fire, i try a another mace: The unique Doryanis Catalyst.

Wow! What a boost... Why i dont think to it before?

My dps is now little more than 20k.

I think that i will give another chance to my marauder...
Last edited by Ratcha on Apr 16, 2015, 12:56:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info