Searing Bond

WOW huuuge buff to searing bond! :)

@Kartikdon plz update your build :)
Last edited by hitreza on Dec 7, 2015, 5:03:38 AM
I will a bit closer to the launch. Just waiting to see the final changes.
Added "Searing Bond damage has been increased by 10%. It now grants an additional totem without drawbacks." - patch notes

Put down the blunt and reconsider this terrible 'buff'.
sorry you feel that way but its amazing for my build... keep it as is :)
"
Kartikdon wrote:

Amazing for your build, terrible for the game. Did I just walk into a Blizz title? I'll show myself out.
"
Ax2Grind wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:

Amazing for your build, terrible for the game. Did I just walk into a Blizz title? I'll show myself out.

How is it terrible for the game i dont unterstand?
"
hitreza wrote:
"
Ax2Grind wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:

How is it terrible for the game i dont unterstand?

As PT would say, it's a ridiculous change to the game's totem structure to try getting people to play it instead of Flame Totem. It's not smart for a gem that was better than most people gave it credit and causes it to be used for situations it wasn't designed (instead of depending on FT while tossing weak attacks/casts at things, now it'll be 2 Searing Bonds clotheslining punks before they even get close). By turning every build into "FT until L60" or whatever, it made FT the new Flameblast - FB got nerfed, and now buffed... see the pattern? This isn't balance, it's making waves, and saying SB can double cast is making bigger waves, stirring up a storm of trouble just in time for a major update in Ascendency. Nothing big launched when waters are violent ever sails well.

IOW stop making ridic changes like these and balance properly then those other skills will be strong enough to stand on their own. If I'm making a Cleave build, I shouldn't cast a FT or SB to do more than help, but with 2 SB for free? Welcome to Path of Searing Bond.

I'll go further into the overall balance issue somewhere else, though.
Y i See what you mean and i agree.

Casting 2 totems makes the skill way op.

Even 10% DMG increase is not needed tbh. SB does enough DMG.
the day before the talisman patch i wrote down the dps tooltip of searing bond on one of my characters, when I went back to check how much it had increased I found it was still exactly the same. Maybe someone can confirm that the 10% dmg increased on the patch notes didn't happen? Or maybe it's a tooltip bug, or something else, no idea.
Myself, it seems like using Searing Bond, Flame Totem and Ancestral Bond is a little buggy. Frequently, it seems like the game "forgets" that I can have three totems, as long as I have one Searing Bond totem floating around. As a result, I wind up having to recast Searing Bond, sometimes multiple times, before I get three totems in play.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info