Searing Bond

Totem gets the kill -> totem gets the Charge
(Totems have a max of 0 Power/Frenzy Charges)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Totem gets the kill -> totem gets the Charge
(Totems have a max of 0 Power/Frenzy Charges)

oh ok thks for the information :D
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
I just started making a searing bond character, but I cant tell which support gems will work with it. I thought Iron Will might, but it doesnt. Its not a projectile, so most green supports wont work.

Other than totem and minion resistance gem, what can I use to support it?
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Iron Will grants Increased Spell Damage based on Strength. Searing Bond deals Damage over Time, however, which means it cannot be Spell Damage (both Spell and DoT are Base types -> mutually exclusive).

Increased Burning Damage, Empower, Enhance, IIR.
FC will make them activate just a bit quicker, as well as improve placement speed.
Blood Magic, technically.
Thanks. I suppose I can just stick it in a 3L weapon / shield then with increased burning and FC.

I'm using it on a BM Marauder build along with my new Aegis Aurora shield for tanky invincible totem fun, and also flame totem.

I'm only planning on taking every totem passive on the tree, no fire nodes, and then just health, armor, armour & ES, and shield block nodes. Cant wait to complete this build.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Fire penetration works with Searing bond too right?

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
Fire penetration works with Searing bond too right?
no, there isn't any hits.
Anyone know if the inc burning damage if chilled from dyadus increases the damage of searing bond?
My main complaint with Searing Bond is that it lacks support gems. There are very , very few ones that work which cause a staleness in builds that use Searing Bond. On top of that , Searing Bond is right now badly balanced. It's too strong early game, but doesn't stand a chance late game. I don't think a skill should be reduced to just a leveling skill.
searing bond is great late game. I am currently mapping with a searing bond character and can clear 75+ maps no problem.

Searing bond is an amazing low level gem, there is no question about it. At higher levels the gem loses its luster due to lack of support gems as many have stated. The gem is unique in how it requires the player to support it.

Searing bond end game is a skill that requires one to "act" as the support for the skill. This means specing into EE and dual curse. Also you need a +2 fire gem / +1 all gem level scepter... Or searing touch. For high end maps, I prefer keeping with a +3 scepter and shield.

Empower, even a level 0, is required for high maps because the +1 to all gems from the scepter pushes empower to give a +1 as well.

The biggest problems with searing bond in high level maps are two things:
1) curse immune mobs - not really a problem but it slows down the pace
2) a large group of AoE mobs - this is devastating for SB totems.

Generally I drop my totems then curse. For large AoE groups, SB will drop pretty quick. So cursing first then throwing in the totem will allow SB to maximize the damage it deals before it drops. Essentially its just a rinse and repeat until the mobs are thin enough to get some real work done.

Also totem HP (not something you should be chasing for though) and SB quality help as well in large aoe fights.

Totem placement can be pretty key as well.

Thats really about it.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Nov 12, 2014, 4:52:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info