Searing Bond

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Fire Penetration cannot apply to Damage over Time - it's an on-Hit effect.
Flamm has always worked, so good to know it hasn't broken :P

Seeing as fire dmg now increases burning dmg I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Rarity also works and visually I think I can see a difference. Could be that you are right though.
One example of Mark saying it's impossible for Fire Pen to apply to Burn Damage. :)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
One example of Mark saying it's impossible for Fire Pen to apply to Burn Damage. :)

Aah okay, thanks for clearing that up. Latest patch was just one big WTF for me. Confusing as f.
After 1.02 searing bond is scaling quite nicely with trap and mine damage nodes. Traditionally, the only searing bond support that really made a difference was increased burning damage. In 1.02 we can now add remote mine, trap, and reduced duration (for instant totem pop after mine detonation when combined with sunblast unique belt) support gems to multiply searing bond's burning damage.

In exchange for some placing difficulties and pressing an extra button to summon the totems we get the following:

-Double dip on trap and mine damage nodes. nodes such as Saboteur provides 40% increased damage!
-2x MORE modifier support gems(remote mine and trap) on top of the damage increase passives.

scaling the ability this way is giving me approximately 2.3k burn damage with a level 15 gem in a 5-link searing touch.
After 1.0.2 the totem damage nodes also affect it now?
"
aethynyc wrote:
After 1.0.2 the totem damage nodes also affect it now?

I believe so.
Do increased debuff passives increase it?
Burning Damage is not a Debuff.
Does anyone know for sure if Searing bond triggers Elemental Equilibrium?

Because the tooltip of EE says "Enemies you HIT with ELEMENTAL damage ...", but Searing Bond doesn't hit, but then again it's elemental damage, so...
Last edited by Bebekija on Dec 10, 2013, 12:32:31 PM
Yep. Damage over Time does not trigger on-Hit effects, including EE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info