Searing Bond

Freeze is a "stun" but not the games' actual stun. Otherwise, you have it correct.
"
Damon_Tor wrote:
So I read (somewhere, perhaps on the wiki) that Searing Bond damage stacks. IE, if you have more than one beam passing over an enemy, he will take damage from all the beams.

Is this correct?

I'm considering retrofitting my Righteous Fire totem guy to as Searing Bond guy: the same passives/gear will apply (all the +HP/ES gear and passives are never really "wasted" on any build, after all). I also have a Soul Mantle laying around, so I figure 3 totems = 9 beams, so 9X damage to a guy standing in the middle of three tightly clustered totems, right? The tooltip says my Searing Bond does 1451.4 damage by itself, so standing in the middle of all three should deal 13062.6 damage per second.

That SHOULD be excellent damage. In testing, however, the build, while effective, does not appear to be getting the expected results. The damage DID appear to improve with each successive beam, but not to the extent expected. Anything I'm missing here?

each totem links with the other totems and you, that is 3 chains, BUT you also need to be somehwere in there for all 9 to actuaaly connect.

if you just throw 3 totems on a mob then that's more than likely 6 beams hitting him and that's a big if.

easier setup (imo) is laying the totems in a line and you standing inbetween two of them., the mobs that will come to you from one side will be hit by 6 beams. This way you cover more area and can reposition yourself btween the other two totems if you need to move while retaining the 6 beams hitting the mobs.
Hi,

Is Iron Will working with Searing Bond? Unlike Flame Totem, the "w" doesn't appear on my skill bar, and there is no damage augmentation.
Iron Will grants Increased Spell Damage - Damage over Time is never Spell nor Attack, so it won't benefit from Increased Spell Damage. So, no dice.
I know that Burning Damage, Vulnerability, and Shock will all increase the degen effects. However I was just wondering if:
*Totem damage
*Increased damage over time (Entropy)
*Flammability
will each increase the damage of the beams.
Surprised nobody is talking about this skill seeing as how they buffed it like crazy in the last patch.
it might have been a nerf to people using soul mantle, otherwise its a buff to people NOT using more than one of these things, then finally its relatively no change to those using two at once.

granted people been stacking the beams fully, which is obviously too much work for fast pace game =p. i hear some could do it and others rage.
"beams no longer stack"

So its useless to go dual totem now?

Only reason to get another totem is for more area coverage?
"
aethynyc wrote:
"beams no longer stack"

So its useless to go dual totem now?

Only reason to get another totem is for more area coverage?

or just have your second totem do something else, like Arc proliferating.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
it might have been a nerf to people using soul mantle, otherwise its a buff to people NOT using more than one of these things, then finally its relatively no change to those using two at once.

granted people been stacking the beams fully, which is obviously too much work for fast pace game =p. i hear some could do it and others rage.

Given that the new skill is 5 times the strength of the old one, it's a buff even to people who were stacking the beams (unless you were stacking 6 beams at once).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info