Unpredictable Vulkan crashes with vk::Device::waitForFences: ErrorDeviceLost

I was having this problem all the sudden this league when I have never had it before but I believe I found what was causing it for me. I had overclocked my GPU recently (1080ti), so I dialed back the overclock numbers a bit with MSI Afterburner and that seems massively cut back on the crashes. I only had 1 or 2 in the last day and none since dropping the clock speed a tad more. Hopefully this can help someone else, good luck.
This happens to me too. Lately its every time I walk into sanctum reward room, RIP.

3080ti
i9 13th gen
64gb 6400 ddr5
win 10 pro

Last edited by lebster on Jan 5, 2023, 10:56:56 PM
same as ^

Final room sanctum boss 2x has crashed exactly like the above poster

identical point - just when she gets to the end of the first room, dialogue, then as dialogue finishes the error box comes up and lose the whole four floors.

Its some real league quitting shit (unique challenge run down the drain + all the rewards)

1050TI, Vulkan, ryzen 5 3000

never have the game crash at any other time for the last few leagues

-----

well at least in the next map it let me redo the boss and i got my loot! so im definitely less salty haha.
Last edited by MrCobbled on Jan 8, 2023, 6:40:11 AM
This problem only started for me now this league. Doesn't happen more than 2-3 times a day (8~ hours) thankfully but still has gotten me killed and some portals have been ripped because of it.

I do use vulkan but I haven't encountered this problem with other games using vulkan as well so /shrug

i7-7700k/1080ti/16gb Ram
Every time I click a ritual altar or spawn a lot of monsters in at once I get this error. Going from a map into my hideout tends to crash me out, too. This just started happening recently so maybe I need to rollback the nvidia driver or something.

specs:
rtx 3070
i5 12400f

Edit: Lowering my texture settings fixed the issue. Whoever said that VRAM and Vulkan was the issue is probably right.
Last edited by jrv209 on Jan 21, 2023, 2:25:33 AM
Lovely async and barriers.

Good luck with this one GGG!

Lowering texture settings for now might be the best option, as above poster mentioned. This issue could very well be related to the entire architecture, all components like CPU, net, storage and more. And good luck getting proper logging out of that GPU pipeline.

Wouldn't be surprised if this one stays around till PoE2.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
MrCobbled wrote:
same as ^

Final room sanctum boss 2x has crashed exactly like the above poster

identical point - just when she gets to the end of the first room, dialogue, then as dialogue finishes the error box comes up and lose the whole four floors.

Its some real league quitting shit (unique challenge run down the drain + all the rewards)

1050TI, Vulkan, ryzen 5 3000

never have the game crash at any other time for the last few leagues

-----

well at least in the next map it let me redo the boss and i got my loot! so im definitely less salty haha.

Did you have any windows update lately ?
Started having this after patch also
Same here
Started crashing this league (sanctum)
Before this league never had crashes.
Now it's crashing over and over again...
It's sad that GGG ignores this report
Receiving this error again and again in same place - normal lab, 3rd room (after first Izaro encounter).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info