Unpredictable Vulkan crashes with vk::Device::waitForFences: ErrorDeviceLost

"
bcutter wrote:

p.s. any reply by GGG would be great....

Sadly GGG doesn't offer TECH support "at the moment" (been like this for several years now).
This section of the forum is primaraly community driven now.
also getting crashes with similar messages on Vulkan. DX11 and DX12 also crash.

Seems aggravated by streaming video/youtube while playing. Cutting out the second monitor content seems to remedy the issue, annoyingly enough.
To err is Terran.
"
Good53X wrote:
also getting crashes with similar messages on Vulkan. DX11 and DX12 also crash.

Seems aggravated by streaming video/youtube while playing. Cutting out the second monitor content seems to remedy the issue, annoyingly enough.

those crashes are primarily an issue with vulkan...
vulkan has some problems with VRAM management, and once it's full, it crashes.
it is a known VULKAN bug/ issue.
one thing you can do to reduce the amount of crashes, is to reduce the texture quality and set it to medium.
helped a lot of friends of mine.
Got the same error while after doing harvest and clicking on the pylon to start crafting.
I am on vulkan as well.
Bump.
Same problem.
Also getting same VK : Queue: Submit: ErrorDeviceLost error. I've been crashing on dx12 as well with no error message. Game freeze and just crash to desktop.

Have only been crashing since 3.18. Played all of last league on dx12 with no issues.
I'm having the same problem, first time too. Didn't have crashes with this error in any prior leagues, although I did crash non stop when ever I tried to do shaper/uber runs.
Similar issue here.
I get this issue seemingly almost daily now. I just got it again a few minutes ago when simply loading up the game, before even logging in. Each time it happens, my first monitor will go completely blank, and then after a few seconds the second monitor will become garbled (though the mouse cursor is still visible and looks correct but can't be moved). This will either end up crashing the game leading to the same error other people are mentioning here, or will crash my computer entirely requiring a hard restart.

Windows 10 21H1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz

16GB RAM, NVidia GTX970
Last edited by robodrew on Jun 6, 2022, 11:45:55 PM
Same problem here although not as frequent as others. Seems to happen randomly. Had it mid map, while clicking a Harvest to craft but also just now just from logging in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info