Unpredictable Vulkan crashes with vk::Device::waitForFences: ErrorDeviceLost

Same crash happening to me mainly when I enter town or am in town for a minute or 2. Occasionally i wont get the pop up and will just crash straight to desktop. Only started from this latest TOTA patch. Before it was perfectly fine.

GTX1080
i7-6770k
Last edited by Arch4ik on Sep 6, 2023, 4:50:29 PM
Same here, tried to log this morning and kept getting error with Vulkan. Had to swap back to DX11, since i could not even log in town anymore.
Same for me. I had like 50 crashes today : a true nightmare.

Mostly happening while TPing in town or when other players came in my hideout for a trade.

The game is barely playable.
I might have found an easy solution on another forum. I disabled ALL of the microtransactions and i have not crashed the whole day. Will update tomorrow if something changes. BTW when i mean all i also mean portals, cursor, character effect etc.

EDIT: ok still 0 crashes but not only that, i also improved my FPS-> i'm playing on a laptop with RTX 3070 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz

In Nvidia control Panel>Manage 3D settings>Preferred graphics processor>High-performance Nvidia.

Hopefully this helps someone
Last edited by freenet46 on Oct 5, 2023, 5:21:37 PM
This is still happening. DX11, DX12, Vulkan. It's also corrupting something else on my PC, because it causes other games to crash afterwards. Only fix to be able to play other games is to reinstall DirectX. Fuck.
Got the same, 1080ti :'(
same issue. Geforce 1080
yeah, i've been getting it (well, similar: vk::Queue::submit: ErrorDeviceLost) on and off for months (since TOTA patch); but extremely bad this league. I've literally only been able to kill Hillock and identify a rare wand. Cannot be in a town/hideout with other players without it crashing within a few minutes. Sometimes relogging I can't get past the loading screen.

Last league I would sometimes crash when people came to my hideout to trade (such a stupid trading system because of course we can't have an in-game "trading post" kind of thing so we can also trade while people are offline) but then when they came back, or vice versa, it doesn't happen (shader now loaded properly?).

For me it obviously an mtx shader issue. Since it's been months without being fixed, or even a single word on it, it would be nice if there was an option to just turn off seeing the MTX of other players, but that won't happen because it's essentially advertising.
Last edited by 5K0RP10 on Dec 9, 2023, 3:38:35 AM
Well it seems pointless to add to this thread, but yeah encountering vk::Device::waitForFences: ErrorDeviceLost really really badly this league. Super unplayable.

Anyway to tag a forum mod so they can read this? Is there a list of open bugs or anything that GGG tracks? @GGG @ForumModerator

... /sigh

Edit: FWIW, I cleared all Shader Caches and switched to Proton 8, things seem stable now. For now haha.

Edit: Just kidding!
```
2023/12/09 11:53:17 5201734 cff94598 [INFO Client 640] : You have entered The Forest Encampment.
2023/12/09 11:53:26 5210424 327596be [INFO Client 640] [SHADER] Delay: ON
2023/12/09 11:53:27 5211111 557129e7 [CRIT Client 640] [EXCEPTION] vk::Device::waitForFences: ErrorDeviceLost
```
Last edited by qualiamor on Dec 9, 2023, 11:54:02 AM
I have this error in this league aswell - never seen it before.

Crashes every 10-15 minutes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info