Rare and Magic Monster Balance

i need like 2 hours per act minium at resistance cap and more hp i ever had before. man, i lost all skill in poe or archi-mobs are tooo insane.
they need more nerf atm.
I'm not playing a build affected by that but Temporal Buble and the other mod with no regen aura are completely disabling certain builds from being able to fight monsters that are having that mod.
The swift update to rare and magic monsters is appreciated, but I would very much question your playtesting methodology. An average player should know after 3-4 maps that any league mechanic even in white maps is almost impossible to complete, even for builds that have decent damage and kill map bosses in under 5 seconds.

The problem is not even so much the damage of the Nemesis mod rares/magic monsters, it is their absolute clutter of on-death and ground effects that with even non-juiced maps makes it nearly impossible to not constantly stand in something that kills you, especially with mechanics like Ritual that severely limit the player's playspace.

The Nemesis mod system seems like it was designed for engaging with few monsters at a time to promote more engaging mechanics (think Archnemesis league, duh!). That by itself seems a great path forward, but it is not compatible at all with the density of current map farming (which by the way is great and a lot of fun). Giving each rare and magic monster one or multiple modifiers was just a poor choice and not at all considered against each individual league mechanic.

Chris, even after these changes, I ask you to put on some cheap day-1 gear in a lvl 75 reasonably powerful character, go into a T1-T3 map, click on a Ritual, and then reflect on the experience. I can assure you that it is rather frustrating. You run through the mess of ground effects and heat-seaking projectiles, not knowing what kills you most of the time.
CHRIS Nooooooo :D 12 hours is not enough.. let the majority of people get to endgame first.
A nerf in life would have been fine if everybody felt the same at 3-4 days in.
But I guess its better to nerf a bit because a lot of people would perhaps quit playing because of this.

Anyway, 3.18 rare changes feel pretty fun so far!
Mathils actual cat
The only fun in the league has ended. It was good while lasted.
"
sad day. i was enjoying the difficulty. running t4 maps currently and was loving the extra evading i was having to do with the rares and magics. made it feel like 2014 again and it was great

Oh rly? So why you tryhard on SC trade?
Lets go to HC and u can feel like in heaven.
Tormented spirits hitting multimod Hasted rares seems a little overtuned still whilst levelling.
no hardmod?
"Rare and magic monsters are still going to be hard, just not as difficult as they were today"

what the point of this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info