Rare and Magic Monster Balance

"
Deliverme wrote:
Hopefully the changes feel impactful. Frankly ready to walk away.

GGG's and my idea of fun is completely out of Sync.

Then walk away already? Its their game their direction.
The rares being strong isn't even the problem. They're UNFUN. The monster dying faster wont make ice prison or mana siphoner fun, sorry.
Hopefully we get this feature back for the gauntlet.
Now if you could fix Poet's Pen prices too, tha'd be lovely :)
The mods are less legible than the old stat-lines and equally un-engaging.

There isn't anything challenging about having a part of your build disabled like leech, flasks, or regen, and in some cases it will kill your character before the mob even hits you. The vast majority of mods are uninteresting stat buffs that don't change how you engage with a monster in terms of strategy or gameplay, other than to potentially need to run away because it hard counters your build.

What was great about the previous leagues was that we could choose how much difficulty to take on and be rewarded for overcoming those challenges. This has thrown years of gradual balance and tweaks to all those encounters out of whack. This will require a rebalance of every previous league mechanic, and is it worth it for what we've gained from these new mods?

They add nothing, you play much slower or you die. That's not challenge, it's tedium. We aren't dodging telegraphed attacks or carefully spacing ourselves and waiting for the perfect moment to counter-attack. We aren't solving interesting problems or figuring out new strategies. It's the same old game just much more oppressive and convoluted.

It wasn't tested anywhere near extensively enough for how large of an impact it has on the game, more than any crafting or trade change that could be made. Fundamentally everything we do involves killing monsters, you can forgo crafting and trading entirely but you cannot avoid killing, along with finding items, this is path of exile.

For all the amazing changes and additions that have come with this patch, this is a massive step backwards that could very easily sink the game. I went into this league hoping to challenge myself to finish "the hardest" 40/40 challenge to date, and by the time I've reached maps I'm already questioning if its one I want to play at all.

Last edited by jerot on May 14, 2022, 7:54:54 AM
wait
☣ 𝕯𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖆 𝖌𝖎𝖋𝖙 ☣
Meh, the campaign was finally fun again.
"Okay, we shipped them a little overtuned"

Okay now where is the announcement that you shipped sentinel challenges overtuned? @Chris

Body armour mtx should be at 14 challenges not 20.
My life is slipping away...
Addiction is a harsh drug...
I was watching a previous Racer winner's steam last night and he said "The worst part is after doing all the work you get nothing for killing it". I don't care if you tuned them if you didn't fix the drops.

It's not fun seeing a single grey and a single blue item drop from a rare with Archnemesis mods. Especially when you get a pack of them empowered and nearly died 4 times killing that pack. Diablo has a lot better to offer than that.
"
AbilityPoints wrote:
I wish GGG would admit they get a kick out of killing players. They design mobs to kill, not challenge.

LOL
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info