Rare and Magic Monster Balance

I play for fun whether it is in a new league or Standard. 3.17 end game changes were kickass fun. I had high hopes for this league. The AN mods have removed any fun in the game. Leveling in Sentinel is out of the question and I'm not sure I'll even stay with standard. In 8 years of playing this is the least fun I've ever experienced.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Fairly new player (and old at that...), played a little Scourge, a lot more Archnemesis, started Sentinel evening 1.

I died quite a lot. I liked the difficulty (maybe I died a lot more than I would have really liked). I play tested my early build against ArchNem, and walked the first few acts. Big difference with this.

I'm kinda glad it's been toned down a bit, but I haven't played the patch yet. Having said that, isn't it supposed to be hard? Maybe it's growing up with games where you get three lives and that's it. I'm not ready for hardcore just yet, too old and slow, but if I can push through, as a casual D3/GD refugee, I'm surprised there are people whining. Maybe they are just a lot more casual than me - they can't actually be worse than me, I'm shit at video games.
@Chris, how about you undertune the sentinels a bit?
It's not fun in its current state.
Normally weak mobs suddenly becoming 100000x stronger, which also seems to have no correlation to the empowerment.

If empowerment is 20 I would expect the mob to be 20% stronger NOT 20x...
My life is slipping away...
Addiction is a harsh drug...
Last edited by EstocSlayer on May 14, 2022, 5:14:10 PM
"
NightGeometry wrote:
[...] isn't it supposed to be hard? [...]

It is supposed to be fun and it is not as it is now. It used to be way more fun in the past.
Finally, Rare moby get out of the ordinary with these mods};]
"
Wezarion wrote:
Finally, Rare moby get out of the ordinary with these mods};]

They got very very ordinary when it comes to loot though. ;-)
Last edited by Zottelfisch on May 14, 2022, 5:20:31 PM
"
jerot wrote:

There isn't anything challenging about having a part of your build disabled like leech, flasks, or regen, and in some cases it will kill your character before the mob even hits you. The vast majority of mods are uninteresting stat buffs that don't change how you engage with a monster in terms of strategy or gameplay, other than to potentially need to run away because it hard counters your build.

This.
Last edited by XeoTech on May 14, 2022, 5:31:02 PM
When i heard that all rares will become ArchNem multi mods i was half scared half thrilled. Scared cuz i knew they'll be hard af, thrilled cuz i imagined they will drop the same-ish kind of reward like they did in AN league.

Never in my worst nightmares i imagined they will be same hardiness (or worse, since they are multiplicated now by different mechanics) but none of the rewards, unless you empower them even more with sentinels, and even then rewards dont come close to "loot showers" that were some Archnem recipes from previous league (which is fine, but some degree of rewards were expected for the extra minutes/hours u take to skirmish those hard combos).

Anyway, its like shooting yourself in the leg and then try to irish dance around, for the fun of it. Well, No.

disclaimer: for any smarta$$ pointing out that im just level x or challenges Y, my observations are based on viewing different players at different levels on streams, twitch and what not.

So yea, league kinda sux for now, hope it will get fixed somehow, sooner than later.
Last edited by Zenshii on May 14, 2022, 5:44:26 PM
It was way too overpowered with magic and rares having several mods, especially mods that cancel your build..

However, I wouldn't have minded as much if the mob I spent 10 mins kiting around the map actually dropped something worthwhile XD
why arnt you properly testing things?

surely you know certain mods just completely destroy certain builds and make the game unplayable, in arch nem there were combos where monsters became literally unkillable or completely destroyed vast sections of builds in the game by turning off mechanics essential to them.

have you just stuck those in the game everywhere and not even bothered to remove these completely unacceptable game breaking mods from the pool?

seriously?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info