Challenges in Path of Exile: Sentinel

Maybe a little bit too much, i have a life, work, family to spend time with.
And i like play other game too.
If the challenge is designed for keeping streamer more time on the game is a little bit sad for the rest of us who cant play more of couple hours/day.
But i go trying it, hope i can 40/40.
So the Effigy mod is confirmed.
Skipping this league.
I'm not going to play hundreds of hours always checking top of the screen to not kill myself in SSFHC, worst design ever in a zoom zoom game.
Goodbye Chris
Im glad GGG is willing to look at the challenge structure and rework it.

I few improvement I would like to see is were GGG add 10 more challenges and use them as tutorials for new and returning players.

Just to make a basic example
-Do a legion encounter
-Complete a domain of endless conflict encounter
-complete a 4 way legion encounter
-fight a legion boss outside the domain of endless conflict.

This show them how do unlock the 5th atlas slot in the map device and the basic's of legion.

If they want to go make it even better they can add a help (!) on the tutorial challenges for tips. for example use a Gilded Legion scarab for the a guarantee boss.

You can enter to domain of endless conflict by added 2 or more emblem in the map device.

Most people dont like reading tutorials but if there is a reward behind it like a MTX they might do it.

i also suggest the easy challenges that you can still complete in the act and the tutorial challenges should have a different boarder to show players what they are. Since i think people is more like to do/read it if they know what they are. Or wont why they have tips while harder ones challenges targeted at advance players dont have tips.
Good idea to have more challenging challenges as that what they should be, too bad that we aren't given more options for certain grinds like we had in 3.17 (e.g. you could choose if you want to do Harvest, Blight, Delve, etc.)

I suppose that's for boosting interest in underused league mechanics you want to let more players know about? If that's the case I'd rather tune down their numbers a bit so players do interact with them a bit but not make them a grindy challenge.

Don't take me wrong, I play this game because I enjoy grinds; what I want to say is that being able to choose which grind to play, especially with the new Atlas Keystones that enable this further, is much more preferable. So if it's not for the sake of highlighting an underused league mechanic do give us options.
Do X amount of Y league mechanic times 4 out of a list of 8 for example.

Separation of rewards into a lower challenge set and a higher challenge set is great and seems to be misunderstood by some players who feel sort of weird FOMO.
The idea is to grant one set early for people who don't want to do the actually challenging requirements and the other is for those who want to tackle it. Rewards for both audiences, that's great!

Seems so silly, people crying about not being able to get the improved set. Treat it as a challenge and incentive to get further in the next league if this one doesn't go well for you, and there is a set still for you if you don't get to the further challenges. Also take into consideration that set pieces arrive in parts so there will be rewards incrementally, and not just the full set at 40/40.
Defeat The Infinite Hunger...
without being hit by Vomit.

Young parents feel this.
"
b4timert wrote:
Im glad GGG is willing to look at the challenge structure and rework it.

I few improvement I would like to see is were GGG add 10 more challenges and use them as tutorials for new and returning players.

Just to make a basic example
-Do a legion encounter
-Complete a domain of endless conflict encounter
-complete a 4 way legion encounter
-fight a legion boss outside the domain of endless conflict.

This show them how do unlock the 5th atlas slot in the map device and the basic's of legion.

If they want to go make it even better they can add a help (!) on the tutorial challenges for tips. for example use a Gilded Legion scarab for the a guarantee boss.

You can enter to domain of endless conflict by added 2 or more emblem in the map device.

Most people dont like reading tutorials but if there is a reward behind it like a MTX they might do it.

i also suggest the easy challenges that you can still complete in the act and the tutorial challenges should have a different boarder to show players what they are. Since i think people is more like to do/read it if they know what they are. Or wont why they have tips while harder ones challenges targeted at advance players dont have tips.

I really like your tutorial idea.
The armour set looks great, the challenges though.... Wow! I have not seen a single Oshabi since ritual while always full speccing into harvest. Some other challenges also give me PTSD from previous leagues.... Back to TFT I guess?
DI ignite inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080303/
(retired) MoMMeme hiero: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2487766
Last edited by sprawdzampoczte on May 10, 2022, 5:59:25 AM
"
YersiniaD wrote:
Defeat The Infinite Hunger...
without being hit by Vomit.

Young parents feel this.

U totally got me with that one xD
Kill Maven conditionally - after 5 momory games with success. I dont like it. Also dont like change that you can not increse map drop from boss. I am not encuraged to play this league.
"
Mike_84 wrote:
Why the 6-24 and 28-38 armour sets looks exactly the same base set?
The second one just simply got some glowing effect, really?

As for the challenges, just as I expected; tons of RNG and boss conditionals.
At least the rotaer sharer partyboys with their supporters will still easily do them all /6 yet.

Very well done to alienate lots of long time players with these steps.

Yeah especially if u put a charakter effect on it like scavanger u wont see the difference, for me its fine so i only have to go for 24 kekw.

but i would love if the second armor got way more spikes or more visiual upgrades to the first one!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info