The Path of Exile: Sentinel Announcement is Soon!

awesome
Didn't have much time to play 3.17 sadly (work) but now my body is fully ready for 3.18!!!
"
bgdmm wrote:
"
Yeah GGG seems reasonable to watch a Stream at 10pm when you have to work at 5am you and your Jobless / NoSleep Streamer Reward Streams.

Setting up a computer to stream the announcement, and then going to bed is a problem for you, because...?

Sadly this won't work, because you have to claim your twitch drop in time. If you forget to do it, you won't receive it. Happened to a friend of mine who watched the stream, got the announcement he'd had the drop, but didn't claim it.
yeah, won't happen that i tell bezos about my gaming habits but i'm looking forward to the announcement.

will be interesting to see how you tackle the challenge to satisfy people who wnna play the game with brains and those who can't/won't.

edit: gf says the latter is a bit insulting, should have written: "who wanna play the game with complicatd mechanics and those who love mindless grinding".
sorry
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on May 5, 2022, 4:30:43 AM
"
bgdmm wrote:

Why would you have to let your computer run the whole night?

Set it up in advance, connect to stream, set up shutdown timer to, say, 50 mins or 1 hour, and voila, it will shut itself off automatically, no energy wasted, no noise.

You can also add -f option to force shutdown, should a process block it for whatever reason.

That is indeed an option but it's also not 100% save either.
There is always things that can go wrong the Stream crashing or not starting properly to name a few.
If GGG would make the Drop window longer everyone would have a chance to get them and it wouldn't hurt GGG in anyway.
Mtx sales aren't magically crashing cause everybody got 1 Mtx out of a shop listing a 100+ of them.
"
"
bgdmm wrote:
"
Yeah GGG seems reasonable to watch a Stream at 10pm when you have to work at 5am you and your Jobless / NoSleep Streamer Reward Streams.

Setting up a computer to stream the announcement, and then going to bed is a problem for you, because...?

Not everybody has a silent Pc that you can sleep next to also Energy isn't free not everybody can afford to just let their PC run thru the whole night.
I could but that's not the point the argument that you can just let your Pc run the whole night is pretty much the same as telling people to just buy the Wings if they can't watch the Stream.
GGG could just make their Drops work like other Games which run over multiple Days or even Weeks so that everybody has a chance to get them.

I will tell you a secret, but don't share it with anyone, not everyone has the same timezone as you and the stream is not made only for you. <3

Last edited by Madliv on May 5, 2022, 3:46:15 AM
Reminder of the announcement of the announcement?
Hype i hope i can get a mageblood this time :P
Awesome. Can't wait.
stop stalling ventrua

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info