[3.24] CWDT Ward Loop Scion, very easy guide [15 divines]

"
Akshay wrote:
"
FrostbiteNBK wrote:
So I got bored of my other build and sold my mageblood to switch to this build, I can get the loop started, but I can't seem to get it to keep looping... any ideas?

you copied the gem links for 27CDR but you have 9 CDR
remove less duration from your helm
put FR 1 in your helm

Wait so I have forbidden rite in my gloves, I should also use forbidden rite in my boots with my anamalous skeletons?
"
FrostbiteNBK wrote:
"
Akshay wrote:
"
FrostbiteNBK wrote:
So I got bored of my other build and sold my mageblood to switch to this build, I can get the loop started, but I can't seem to get it to keep looping... any ideas?

you copied the gem links for 27CDR but you have 9 CDR
remove less duration from your helm
put FR 1 in your helm

Wait so I have forbidden rite in my gloves, I should also use forbidden rite in my boots with my anamalous skeletons?

just remove less duration
or check out upgrades section for 27 cdr
why you insert in config 250% cast speed? Is there something POB doesn't take into info?
"
Sanchezello wrote:
why you insert in config 250% cast speed? Is there something POB doesn't take into info?

yes. PoB thinks you actively cast all the skills yourself and considers cast speed. The cast speed value baiscally simulates the fact that we are not actively casting and instead spamming skills nonstop, skipping any casting or animation.

To be fair, I do not know if this makes sense or gives an accurate result. But at the point where I had 30m DPS with this build and the cast speed modifier, I was killing Bosses roughly as fast as my other build, for which I knew 100% I had also 30m DPS.

So it appears to give a somehwat useful result based on my low effort observation and low sample size test.
Last edited by Hakairo on Jun 12, 2022, 5:41:41 PM
Hey guys

i have necromancer leveled to 93 looking at changing to this. Would the necromancer be tankier or the Scion?
This build can do Uber?
"
Akshay wrote:
"
Xanoth wrote:
I've had a hard time getting the loop to start consistently.
Sometimes it would cycle once or twice then mana would empty and loop would stop.
But I could just keep weapon swapping and it would start and work fine.

Then I started a new map and now the loop instantly kills my character. Just weaponswap, dead.

PoB: https://poe.ninja/pob/9Yw

I took a budget approach to flasks duration: impossible escape on arrow dancing [10c] it works for 100% up time on Olroth's until I got some more money and fix stuff properly

Yes my gear is weird.
Omni and Bottled faith both dropped, kinda just wanted a build that would/could use them so turned to this as an RSI friendly option

EDIT:
I think the deaths are just me weapon swapping too quickly when entering a map, before flasks auto trigger and... bad things

everythings good now? it appears to be

I think I have too much life?

2958 life
1611 ward under flask

The loop works but takes two weapon swaps to sustain

so (2958 * 0.4) * 1.6 = 1893 forbidden rite self damage

Even getting all ward items to 30% quality would only get me to about 1670. So is the play to lower life or get some chaos resistance?

If I take the 30% chaos res wheel near mind over matter that would result in 1536 forbidden rite self damage.

It seems to me like its a safer option than just trying to reduce my max life, but I'm not sure if this has other repercussions.
"
Xanoth wrote:

Two weapon swaps to star the loop means you have mana issues.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
Since there are so many ward-loop-professionals in this thread I'd like to ask:

Is there any damage type variant that works and scales well with a ward loop?

- chaos damage
- phys damage
- poison
- other elements (seems best choice)

and

Is it also possible to make an end-game capable build with other admittedly sub-optimal classes, like Ranger or Marauder for example?

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Jun 13, 2022, 6:11:25 AM
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
"
Xanoth wrote:

Two weapon swaps to star the loop means you have mana issues.

I have 1500 mana.

Akshays video only shows 1100.

So while I am running out of mana, my assumption was that taking over 300 damage per forbidden rite because it bypasses my ward was why I was having mana issues. Is this wrong?

I felt like I was starting to understand how the build worked.

EDIT: rather than waiting for confirmation, i respected 2 points and grabbed 2 of the chaos resist nodes, this was enough to get the loop to work on one swap and sustain fine. I'll go level up and try the chaos res notable and see if that makes mana even more stable without losing any triggers and ensuring nothing is breaking through the ward

edit edit:
Thank you for doing such a great job with the guide and going over the maths and break down of why/how/what in so many different ways, it took a long time to sink in but it all really helps. especially the calc with comments
Last edited by Xanoth on Jun 13, 2022, 8:23:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info