[3.24] CWDT Ward Loop Scion, very easy guide [15 divines]

"
hi ! here my pob : https://pastebin.com/Q8Ftdfz6 . did i missing something ?please check my pob . i think my build cast speed still slow and my life is less ,

your life is way too low to trigger CWDT constantly. get more HP

Edit: you not only have low life, but also high level of CWDT, requiring you to deal even more damage to yourself, meaning you need even more HP (or lower level CWDT)

These numbers and levels are pointed out in the guide for a reason.
Last edited by Hakairo on Jun 11, 2022, 5:17:33 AM
"
Hakairo wrote:
"
hi ! here my pob : https://pastebin.com/Q8Ftdfz6 . did i missing something ?please check my pob . i think my build cast speed still slow and my life is less ,

Edit: you not only have low life, but also high level of CWDT, requiring you to deal even more damage to yourself, meaning you need even more HP (or lower level CWDT)

Thank you for answering me, so how many Life I need to run with my build? I have replaced CWDT Level 20 in the armor with CWDT Level 19. Is that okay? Do I do anything else?
"
Hakairo wrote:
"
Eonzo wrote:
Thanks for the replies ^^

With hard to start i mean I have to weapon swap back and forth quite a bit trying to kick it into action so to speak before it starts looping, might also be me a bit to slow on the weapon swap as I dont want to lose all my hp :P

Will look for a new chest and colour my weapon and try it out during the day!

regarding your HP, you did some mistakes, or at least one. You HP bubble should not move an inch or only a tiny bit. You took the wrong survival jewel You need survival secrets. otherwise you actively lower your HP pool.

Survival secrets lowers the Ward reduction of Olroth, so you have "more" ward while its active. The whole idea is that you do not really damage yourself, since your Ward just sucks all the damage up, but the damage sucked up by Ward still counts towards Cast when damage taken.

But if your ward is way too low, e.g. if you use the wrong jewel, you actively damage your HP and therefore lowering your effective health pool immensely, depending on some factors.

Additionally if you deal more damage to yourself than your ward can handle, damage over time effects are able to kill you and maps with less life regen become deadly. So the BEST case is to deal less damage to yourself than your amount of ward. Check the calculator and in best case the forbidden rite damage is lower than your ward with olroths active.

That fixed everything, facepalm moment but thanks for pointing it out! Life still lightly flickering and cant have 4 flasks since I lack duration but will check the calculator! Thanks again for the rapid responses guys ^^
"
"
Hakairo wrote:
"

Thank you for answering me, so how many Life I need to run with my build? I have replaced CWDT Level 20 in the armor with CWDT Level 19. Is that okay? Do I do anything else?

check the calculator in the guide and enter your values. increase the life value until it says true at the bottom for divergent CWDT. but 2510 should be enough with one 420 heartbound loop ring, -60 chaos res and level 19 divergent CWDT.
Looking at the top players from poe.ninja, I noticed most people are only using 2 to dust jewels.

Can someone let me know how this is working?

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/%EC%AD%88%EB%A6%AC%EB%AA%BD/%EC%A7%80%EA%B8%88%EB%8F%84%EB%AA%B0%EB%9D%BC%EC%9A%94%EB%8F%84%EB%8C%80%EC%B2%B4%EB%AD%90%EC%97%90%EC%9A%94?i=3&search=class%3DAscendant%26skill%3DIce-Spear%2CFreezing-Pulse%26sort%3Ddps
Unfortunately you cant find any groups without Determination or Defiance banner for this build
"
IwaseTakuya wrote:
Looking at the top players from poe.ninja, I noticed most people are only using 2 to dust jewels.

Can someone let me know how this is working?

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/%EC%AD%88%EB%A6%AC%EB%AA%BD/%EC%A7%80%EA%B8%88%EB%8F%84%EB%AA%B0%EB%9D%BC%EC%9A%94%EB%8F%84%EB%8C%80%EC%B2%B4%EB%AD%90%EC%97%90%EC%9A%94?i=3&search=class%3DAscendant%26skill%3DIce-Spear%2CFreezing-Pulse%26sort%3Ddps

they are using skill tree to get 25% reduction in skill duration
free jewel socket, more dps thats the idea
hello, so far i think my setup is doing pretty well (not too sure if i hit 5 cast/s) and i am considering upgrading to divergent cwdt for a rare ring slot

i would like to check if my calculations and assumptions are correct if lets say i use a 20/23 divergent cwdt on my skin of the lords chest

cwdt lv 20+2 with 23q
damage taken needed to proc:
3950 x 0.77 = 3041.5

damage taken need to proc after lv 11 skele
3041.5 - (3x420) = 1801.5 ≈ 1802

life needed for loop to start
1801.5/0.4/1.6 = 2814.84 ≈ 2815

BUT even if i have 2815 life, am i correct to say that i need a minimum of 1802 ward during olroth's so that i do not take damage from my life pool?

thanks in advance
I've had a hard time getting the loop to start consistently.
Sometimes it would cycle once or twice then mana would empty and loop would stop.
But I could just keep weapon swapping and it would start and work fine.

Then I started a new map and now the loop instantly kills my character. Just weaponswap, dead.

PoB: https://poe.ninja/pob/9Yw

I took a budget approach to flasks duration: impossible escape on arrow dancing [10c] it works for 100% up time on Olroth's until I got some more money and fix stuff properly

Yes my gear is weird.
Omni and Bottled faith both dropped, kinda just wanted a build that would/could use them so turned to this as an RSI friendly option

EDIT:
I think the deaths are just me weapon swapping too quickly when entering a map, before flasks auto trigger and... bad things
Last edited by Xanoth on Jun 11, 2022, 9:05:39 PM
"
leslisone2 wrote:
hello, so far i think my setup is doing pretty well (not too sure if i hit 5 cast/s) and i am considering upgrading to divergent cwdt for a rare ring slot

i would like to check if my calculations and assumptions are correct if lets say i use a 20/23 divergent cwdt on my skin of the lords chest

cwdt lv 20+2 with 23q
damage taken needed to proc:
3950 x 0.77 = 3041.5

damage taken need to proc after lv 11 skele
3041.5 - (3x420) = 1801.5 ≈ 1802

life needed for loop to start
1801.5/0.4/1.6 = 2814.84 ≈ 2815

BUT even if i have 2815 life, am i correct to say that i need a minimum of 1802 ward during olroth's so that i do not take damage from my life pool?

thanks in advance

yes, you know how its done

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info