[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

Hello again friends. Seems that picking this as a leaguestarter has been a great plan, and i've had a brilliant week or so smashing through content and getting horrendously lucky with drops, cash and other good stuff.

Still getting mullered by some T16 bosses, but this is probably the furthest i've ever got into a league so early.

I'm struggling to get past 1200dex. Well, not struggling exactly, i'm jsut a bit confused as to where the next 200 could come from as my gear rolls are pretty decent.

If you get a chance, could someone super smart (or just someone who pays more attention!) take a look at my char and advise the next route ? I'm saving up skillpoints to load up a clusterjewel setup, but got a bit becalmed at 89 doign juiced T16 bosses and losing XP.

TIA, and thanks for the stronk build. Playing with buddies who are like "wtf is that". xx
"
Iteken wrote:

I'm struggling to get past 1200dex. Well, not struggling exactly, i'm jsut a bit confused as to where the next 200 could come from as my gear rolls are pretty decent.

Synthesised belt with Dex and %-dex is a massive dex boost.
"
Sttorr wrote:
"
Iteken wrote:

Synthesised belt with Dex and %-dex is a massive dex boost.

Thanks. I went back and re-read the OP and see you can do a similar thing with hunter gloves. I gues betwen them you can blap pretty hard.

update finally managed to get half a clsuter setup in. 89-90 is such a psychological kicker.
Last edited by Iteken on Feb 13, 2022, 3:13:39 PM
Hi all,

I wanted to try an Iron Commander build for a long time, and after an okish league start with Hiero Arc/Divine Ire totems I had to realize the damage and survivability just wasn't there on my wonky build ;)

So I stumbled across Wallach's IC guide, salvaged my 6L Soul Mantle, scrapped everything I had togeter to get this IC build starting, and I'm having tons of fun! Certainly my new favorite build since Delirium Mana/Fevered Mind stacking (RIP) :)

Thank you so much Wallach, also for the detailed guide, let's hope it doesn't get nerved into the ground - it does need quite some investment for sure to make it work.

I took a bit a different, more defensive approach, sacrificing quite some damage I guess, but I'm still melting T16 bosses and stuff, it is amazing.

Overview:

After the Magebane Keystone I chose the upper route through Reflexes till Charisma, and then down - I kinda do like squeezing in a couple of Auras hehe.
I dropped the Bonechill support for the Skitterbots and the SB attack speed helm enchant. Instead I picked Hatred reservation efficiency (Purity enchant was not available) and added Purity of Elements and Vitality.

Just today, I scanned trade for jewels with avoid stun implicit - we have 36% from Heart of Oak area, so we just need 3 jewels with 20-25% to get stun immune (I got Fluid Motion, Brawn and a Crimson Jewel).

This way, I can pick Soul of Solaris for example (mainly for the anti crit), while still being immune to stun and ele ailments, and it frees up two flask slots for boss damage when needed (Atziris and Dying Sun).
Bleed/Poison/Curses are still covered with flasks, and Vitality helps quite a bit against DoTs.

Currently at 1608 Dex and 15 totems, soon lvl 94, I'm certainly going for lvl 98 again (and grabbing the bow crit nodes), and I guess for 99 for the first time, maybe 100? There is still some room for improvements and we are not even two weeks into the league :)

Brutal Restraint in the Duelist area is awesome, gives me 70 Dex.
I'm still wasting a few passives for Dex in the Templar area though.

One more thing, this weekend I gemswapped Barrage for the first time and bursted out laughing so hard. This really gives me some Predator 1 vibes with mowing down the jungle with Blain's minigun x 15 :D
Absolutely hilarious!

My PoB
https://pastebin.com/2X2tiULL

Edit:
Just noticed my Brutal Restraints gives me 5% inc Dex at the Winter Spirit node, hell yeah! Watch out for those.
It doesn't show on PoB though

Edit 2:
My stuff - how do I link the jewels from the passive tree?
Spoiler
Last edited by DerPestmann on Feb 13, 2022, 6:17:19 PM
Having a blast so far.

"

- Are there any harvest weapon enchants that are beneficial for us?

- Is the harvest dexterity body enchant best for us as well?
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Feb 14, 2022, 1:13:19 AM
Also if I were to level this again I would strongly recommend Armageddon Brand/Cremation.

Holy Flame Totem felt awful to me.

I'd also recommend mentioning Storm Cloud in the leveling section, especially when EE is mentioned. It's the perfect leveling weapon for EA.
livejamie
All boss done this build best ty wallach.
Last edited by casflow28 on Feb 14, 2022, 2:24:42 AM
New belt :)

And yes the harvest enchant gives us more DPS/Life/EHP

livejamie
whats about new ring? Polaric devastation. in theory its 20% MORE cold dmg when covered in frost in price of a bit dex. With a frostbite instead of mark can be awesome dmg boost.
Last edited by Nishiroo on Feb 14, 2022, 4:59:08 AM
Also enjoying the build. It is a bit squishy (currently 4.9k life) but you have to learn to play safe (if you want to level up). If you get focus-fired by mobs or you get a really big hit then you die. Like Legion encounters sometimes have these big mobs that leap slam you and poof... dead. There are also many advantages of course by putting down totems and focus on dodging stuff manually while the totems take down the mobs. Running simple alch-ed T14-16 maps is pretty safe so if I want to level up I do some of those maps and mix that with some delve and heist runs. On my way to lvl95 now. Really want to get some more levels so I can do the cluster jewel.

The nice part of this build is that you are good to go when you get the basic items and then save up currency for individual upgrades which make you do notably more damage or give better survivability. I did not have any expensive drops (yet, I hope) but slowly gathering exalts to buy stuff. Biggest expense so far was the awakened elemental damage with attacks gem for 4ex. I wanted to get that in as soon as possible for the reflect immunity at level 5. Often, the juicy corrupted maps have reflect and that is annoying as the totems kills themselves. Also have to prevent myself from shooting frenzy in those maps as I've killed myself a few times in those maps. Too bad this gem will not be linked to my frenzy set up though :)

Can't wait for the workday to be finished so I can play more!
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info