[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
Staden666 wrote:
How much would this build benefit (if at all) from having access to "arrows chain +1 time", like from a corrupted quiver?
Or are other quiver corrupts more beneficial?

Pierce has priority over chain, and siege ballista has 9 pierce targets, so chain will work only with your Frenzy setup (or whatever you have instead).
The best corrupted implicits should be: +1 arrow > flat cold damage > flat phys damage
can this build do wave 30 simu?
"
IWonyou wrote:
can this build do wave 30 simu?

Probably. Only reason I haven't yet is my computer can't handle delirium for some reason.
"
livejamie wrote:
"
Recovary wrote:
"
Mistletoes wrote:
Just wanted to give my thoughts on the build. Just completed 38 challenges and done for the league. Great and fun build to do 99% of the challenges. Deathless Sirus/Maven/the 4 new bosses. Did it all with my gear below that I bought days 1-3 of the league for a total of 10-15ex. It's inherent to the playstyle but sometimes the 0.5 second it takes for the ballista to start doing damage after being summoned sometimes got me killed since I like to Dash right up to packs. Had no problem doing 4-mod Archnemesis mobs. Just cast and run around basically.

I will say though, even though single target calls for switching Barrage support for Hypothermia (or some other single target gem), I actually prefer keeping Barrage support in even during my Sirus/Maven/Pinnacle boss kills. It just felt smoother, not sure if it went faster, but that's just my preference.

The only content I couldn't do were the Elderslayers Invitation with 60%+ quantity and the Feared Invitation. I didn't have enough dps. But I'm happy enough since my gear all in is about 10ex to have done everything else.

Great build for the league overall. Good luck to everyone with the build.

Gear

Maybe it was a mistake in your post but I just wanted to point it out in case anyone read your post. You're supposed to use Barrage for bossing, not the other way around.

To add on to what Recovery said, you're using a harvest craft on your chest piece that has 0% quality so you don't get any benefit from it.

Thanks, I was just running maps and didn't have a slot to store the craft so I just used it on my chest.
I was planning on swapping back to hyrii's ire when I can get a 6L and get the dex quality craft instead.
"
Mopaxac wrote:
"
Staden666 wrote:
How much would this build benefit (if at all) from having access to "arrows chain +1 time", like from a corrupted quiver?

Pierce has priority over chain, and siege ballista has 9 pierce targets, so chain will work only with your Frenzy setup (or whatever you have instead).
The best corrupted implicits should be: +1 arrow > flat cold damage > flat phys damage

Thanks a lot for the answer! :)
"
daflipp wrote:
With the new currency I crafted attack speed on my gloves as an implicit, but I just found out it doesn't work. If you are using that, replace it.

Does anyone know if this is still the case?
"
TipYourFedora wrote:
"
daflipp wrote:
With the new currency I crafted attack speed on my gloves as an implicit, but I just found out it doesn't work. If you are using that, replace it.

I thought anything that affected your character also affects your totems? So since siege ballista is an "attack" wouldn't attack speed on some gear help?

I'm pretty sure they are affected by Onslaught when you have the cluster jewel equipped, which grants attack speed.
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
TipYourFedora wrote:
"
daflipp wrote:

I thought anything that affected your character also affects your totems? So since siege ballista is an "attack" wouldn't attack speed on some gear help?

I'm pretty sure they are affected by Onslaught when you have the cluster jewel equipped, which grants attack speed.

Oh yeah attack speed definitely gives us extra damage, but it seems like the implicit we can get from the new crafting currency doesn't apply/work at the moment it seems. I don't know if it's been fixed yet

(Edit: I see you have Hyrri's Bite equipped, you should definitely buy Hyrri's Demise for a big dps boost, they're 3c atm)
Last edited by TipYourFedora on Feb 16, 2022, 3:06:54 PM
This new life jewel seems pretty good for our build.

I've switched my Brawn for it for now.

I lose ~50 Dex but go from 4.7k Life to 6.1k Life

I assume it should be a pretty decent defensive layer for a Dex stacking build like ours.
livejamie
"
Mopaxac wrote:
"
Staden666 wrote:

Does +1 Arrow fuck this build over like other ballista builds where the totems shoot in a V pattern and the single target suffers if you have an even number of arrows?
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info