[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

Thanks Wallach for another amazing league with this build!
It was a bit more expensive than last league but it was as fun :)
Last edited by Recovary on Feb 11, 2022, 1:54:27 PM
Where should I get phys to cold conversion?
It is 40% from cold mastery and 25%-35% from gloves. Is this all cheap ways to get conversion? (Watcher's eye with conversion is pretty expensive).
I am still using hrimsorrow and crafting gloves to upgrade but missing 25-35% of conversion is also feels bad.
"
Mopaxac wrote:
It is 40% from cold mastery and 25%-35% from gloves. Is this all cheap ways to get conversion? (Watcher's eye with conversion is pretty expensive).
I am still using hrimsorrow and crafting gloves to upgrade but missing 25-35% of conversion is also feels bad.

If you're hitting the 1.4k dex cap, i'd recommend eldritch gloves:
"
"
Mopaxac wrote:

If you're hitting the 1.4k dex cap, i'd recommend eldritch gloves:

dex cap? i was go more than 1600. And it is still not cap.
"
chrischoi wrote:
Like 250-280str which is 1-2k. Where are you getting 60%?
Also, you switched to SB and stuck to the EA tree. Grab a 6L Briskwrap for like 10-15c.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/zbedg8Ls4
2R - 4G

Drop Increased Critical Strikes for Elemental Damage with Attacks. Should be a chunk better.

Start grabbing rings, boots and gloves with Dex/Life/Res. That should make a huge difference for cheap.

Gloves
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/eWjYdrFL
Boots
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/Vgemy8wHp
Rings
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/mknLnwh6

Thanks for the tips! I didn't know about Briskwarp, it's a nice and cheap addition.
I'm still struggling with currency, mostly because I just bought an enlighten and an Hyrri. I'll change my junk as soon as I have enough $, and as soon as I can manage the res (they're hard to balance with this build!).

As for Iron Grip, it says str bonuses applies to proj dmg as well as melee dmg. str = 0.2% dmg per point, so ~300 points = 60% inc dmg.
Hey lads, I'm kind of done with my EA Hiero - all (non-aspirational) content done, all Maven invitations, Sirus, etc. Definitely not deathless, but for 12 ex and my aversion to careful play in action RPGs absolutely stellar.

I'd like to continue playing for a bit longer, on a stronger build - bop Sirus a few more times, maybe try out a few Deliriums, a few juiced invitations, etc.

I really liked the EA Ballista playstyle - would this here Siege Ballista be considered a straight-up stronger build with investment? I was thinking about Skele mages, but I don't know if I can be bothered to level up again, and with Skelemages being super-meta, stuff is incredibly overpriced.

If I sell off my current gear, I should have ~25-30 ex easily available.

Cheers!
Could someone take a peek at my character and see what I'm doing wrong or just have to do next?
Thanks a bunch.

Made this chest yesterday but i'm wondering if i should just stick with a +1 hyrri's ire, i can apply frostbite with it but i'm not sure if this is better than the flat cold from hyrri, can someone help( also have a look on my character and tell me which upgrades should i look into)?
Hi again all!

Still enjoying the build, level 87 and things are fine, having fun with Rituals and Metamorphs which I specced heavily into on the Atlas Tree.

But a question:

If I could manage my resists, etc, do you guys think it could work incorporating poison into the build, using these gloves, that allow cold damage to poison?

Does it work with ballistas (sorry, first time playing a totem build, and not dabbled too much in poison builds, either).

Maybe even coupled with Icefang Orbit ring? (https://poedb.tw/us/Icefang_Orbit)?

But I guess I need to find some more chance to poison, right? Could use Dendrobate chest, to get the poison chance (and 100% extra poison damage), but would lose alot of dex, of course...
Just thinking with alot of fast shooting ballistas, you could really stack those poison on bosses?

Thoughts?

And have a nice sunday! :)
Last edited by Staden666 on Feb 13, 2022, 3:38:57 AM
Just wanted to give my thoughts on the build. Just completed 38 challenges and done for the league. Great and fun build to do 99% of the challenges. Deathless Sirus/Maven/the 4 new bosses. Did it all with my gear below that I bought days 1-3 of the league for a total of 10-15ex. It's inherent to the playstyle but sometimes the 0.5 second it takes for the ballista to start doing damage after being summoned sometimes got me killed since I like to Dash right up to packs. Had no problem doing 4-mod Archnemesis mobs. Just cast and run around basically.

I will say though, even though single target calls for switching Barrage support for Hypothermia (or some other single target gem), I actually prefer keeping Barrage support in even during my Sirus/Maven/Pinnacle boss kills. It just felt smoother, not sure if it went faster, but that's just my preference.

The only content I couldn't do were the Elderslayers Invitation with 60%+ quantity and the Feared Invitation. I didn't have enough dps. But I'm happy enough since my gear all in is about 10ex to have done everything else.

Great build for the league overall. Good luck to everyone with the build.

Gear
Last edited by Mistletoes on Feb 13, 2022, 12:33:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info