[3.16] Forbidden Rite Totem

"
Coldlucidity wrote:
What do you think about what Balormage has to say about this build? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjruKpZIhZc

I did watch the video, I only agreed on about half of what he's saying. It also mostly why I dropped Dying Sun, but that's about it.

I already answered why I prefer a wand over a shield many time. He sacrifice quite a lot for cast speed, meanwhile we don't need to do that since we use Zerphi's Heart. Also, I don't like his tree setup either. I wouldn't recommend block unless you manage to cap it. Also, his setup still have the same issue that all the other setup have: they don't deal with corpse, can't hit fast target, still get one shot by some random shit. His EHP is actually quite low from what I saw. He doesn't even talk about projectile speed in his video. He also recommend to anoint Primal Manifestation as "best" anoint, while Whispers of Doom is always way better no matter the build. Also, he recommend to use Volley when it's totally unnecessary. From my own test, you can just use Rain of Splinters and you'll be fine. Add +1 enchant and you're at peak DPS. Also, with some AoE in the tree (like mine), you can use Concentrated Effect and still hit all projectiles, which is way more DPS. He use Faster Casting and Volley, I use Concentrated and Hypothermia, on-hit is almost doubled and my setup is probably more than 50% DPS over his. Also, Cast Speed doesn't help to survive, Projectile Speed does. I don't see any situation where you want 5 totems over 4. I was fine with 3 totem placement with Multiple Totem to clear Blighted map a few league ago.

Single stat Watcher's Eyes, yea sure it suck, but the CDR haste one is worth using over anything else just for the Quality of Life. I got one with two mods anyway. As for Zealotry Watcher's Eyes, there's no "amazing" mods for the build. Cast speed is decent and that's about it. Inc Crit and Inc Damage is just ok.

His video made me test in PvP with poison on hit how many projectile we actually hit and that's the reason why I changed my flask setup now. That's the only thing I learned from watching it. I could of kept the Dying Sun and drop the helm enchant, that would of been an alternative too.

Either way, totem playstyle is always the same, put totem at front, don't jump on top of them or in middle of pack, and you won't die and will be able to reach level 100 just by mapping. It doesn't really matter if you add more defensive layer or not, as you will still die anyway if you don't play properly.

I also have no idea why he's still using Torchoak Step. Other than the damage it give, those boots are pretty bad.
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 8, 2021, 8:56:57 PM
HEY IVE been using this build its awesome. but everytime i use totem and it gets destroyed i keep getting resistance reduction which is the curse , how do i make the curse damage less
HEY IVE been using this build its awesome. but everytime i use totem and it gets destroyed i keep getting resistance reduction which is the curse , how do i make the curse damage less
"

You need Ancestral Preservation medium cluster 2x for chaos resistance on totem and you need to use Viridi's Veil with a magic ring to be unaffected by curses. Otherwise, use two kikazaru and get 20% reduced curse effectiveness in your tree/pantheon.
-
Last edited by collo on Dec 7, 2023, 3:56:41 PM

ring like this can have assasin mark on hit
40% curse reduction with catalysts

interesting

"
collo wrote:
What do you think about lightning warp instead of flame dash? I have been using it and am not gonna go back to flame dash, it just feels so disgusting

The main issue is the delay between teleport, it's not instant and will end up killing you.

"
Zebedin wrote:

ring like this can have assasin mark on hit
40% curse reduction with catalysts

interesting

It's a decent mid-tier alternative, but Viridi's is simply better. Also if you didn't know, Assassin's Mark on ring doesn't apply on totem hit, you got to hit with something yourself. Meanwhile, Hex on ring do work.

The main reason why it's worse is because you can't use Coward's Legacy unless you get -180% reduced effectiveness of curses on you OR unaffected by curses/hexproof. Also, you can't use Essence Worm then. Well, you could use 6 points in the tree + the pantheon and drop a ring. Also, monsters might apply curses with increased effectiveness, I'm not sure.
Whats the reason for using arcanist brand to apply assassin's mark? compared to just apply it yourself? takes 1 button press each? Feels to me like a waste of a gem slot? although i might be missing something, not familiar with arcanist brand. Otherwise it seems better to have a lightning golem instead of the brand.
"
Tjucken wrote:
Whats the reason for using arcanist brand to apply assassin's mark? compared to just apply it yourself? takes 1 button press each? Feels to me like a waste of a gem slot? although i might be missing something, not familiar with arcanist brand. Otherwise it seems better to have a lightning golem instead of the brand.

Mostly Quality of Life, you can just place the brand near the enemy and it will automatically jump onto him and reapply it. With Mark, you have to click exactly on top of the enemy to apply it, which suck in general.

You can use a golem if you want to. I never really been a fan of them. The bonus they give is pretty small and they keep dying. Also, they some time take aggro and will end up killing you.
"
loloppe wrote:
"
Tjucken wrote:

Mostly Quality of Life, you can just place the brand near the enemy and it will automatically jump onto him and reapply it. With Mark, you have to click exactly on top of the enemy to apply it, which suck in general.

You can use a golem if you want to. I never really been a fan of them. The bonus they give is pretty small and they keep dying. Also, they some time take aggro and will end up killing you.

Alright thanks for the quick reply!
Whilst you are here, i was wondering about the Life / Mana ratio with MoM, i have 3757hp/0.6*0.4 = 2504.6.
My current mana is 2629, with 1951 is unreserved due to clarity+Vitality. Is this fine? or what happends when you have less mana than your calculation?
Sorry if this is a noob question, im fairly new to poe.
Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info