[3.16] Forbidden Rite Totem

"
Coldlucidity wrote:
What would be a higher priority, 6 link soul mantle from a 5 link, or asenaths?

6l, it's cheaper than Asenath right now.
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Aug 8, 2021, 12:12:41 AM
Currently using ziz's version to level this up and been looking around. But your's seems to go straight to endgame gear? Would there be a chance you add progression steps on gear?
"
Tosimaru wrote:
Currently using ziz's version to level this up and been looking around. But your's seems to go straight to endgame gear? Would there be a chance you add progression steps on gear?

Progression is always the same no matter the totem build, you can check out Wallach FP guide for example. Soul mantle with kikazaru -> 6l -> Viridi or Atziri's Reflection transition -> rest of the gear -> awakened gems/corruption. If you can't afford a specific unique that ain't mandatory (like Asenath), a generic rare item with life + res is always fine.
I just swapped over to your passive tree from the regular build, I was using Agnostic before. I feel like I die less on your tree + items, but when I do die, its cause I'm lacking sustain due to no flask charges and low health. How do you overcome this?
"
anguyen wrote:
I just swapped over to your passive tree from the regular build, I was using Agnostic before. I feel like I die less on your tree + items, but when I do die, its cause I'm lacking sustain due to no flask charges and low health. How do you overcome this?

The build is not very good against degen and long duration stuff. The best thing you could do to make it slightly better is to drop a flask and use a life + mana flask. Hybrid flask ain't very good, I'm using it out of laziness mostly and to remove bleed, it only got 2 charges. With a life + mana flask, not only you get like 50% more life and mana per use, but you also get 3 charges on life flask and 5 on the mana flask. If you don't have Coward's Legacy belt for the Panicked prefix, I would recommend to use Bubbling, as it also give over-time regen.
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 8, 2021, 3:56:57 PM
Update: I did some better test in PvP with my friend, using poison on hit. No matter how many projectiles I would use, my friend would reach in average 4 stacks per cast. So, unless the target is pretty big, more projectile ain't any better. What does that mean for us? I will now recommend to have at least 4 projectiles (maybe 3 is fine too), which mean Rain of Splinters is probably plenty. I will now be using Rain of Splinters with +1 enchant for 4+1 projectiles and drop Dying Sun to be able to use Life + Mana flask, which is way better than Hybrid. I will update the build guide.

Anything above 3 give some chance to get some extra hit, but it's pretty random, and I got some AoE stack too. If you use Concentrated Effect like me, then it's probably useless to have more than 4.

Edit: it's now updated.
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 8, 2021, 5:32:59 PM
I wonder if you could make up some form of POB to make this build infinitely tankier? having 10s of millions of damage is nice but was curious how you'd make this tankier?
"
Rosslol wrote:
I wonder if you could make up some form of POB to make this build infinitely tankier? having 10s of millions of damage is nice but was curious how you'd make this tankier?

Your best bet with this setup is to use a shield and get fortify on hit, get a defensive helm enchant, fix res and use Wise Oak, grab more life and mana nodes in the tree, get max chaos res with a small clusters, drop Zerphi's Heart for a purely defensive amulet. But I'm not really interested in making the build tankier. I barely die while running 100% delirium right now, all my death are me being lazy at that point.

Also, your DPS might drop considerably. So you might want to consider to just swap to Freezing Pulse totem then.
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 8, 2021, 6:55:09 PM
What do you think about what Balormage has to say about this build? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjruKpZIhZc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info