[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

"
Thayaric wrote:

OK I'm still using 4 link Arc and 4 link ball as i've just got to maps but levelling i died well over 100 times, i needed 14 tries to complete the merc lab, I have no defence, no damage,
[...]
I can't farm currency to progress in maps. Time wasted. Reroll or leave this boring league time.

Oh come on. Not able to buy 2 5-links for 5c each before judging the build? Poor performance. I had the 2 5-links at level 40 and had smooth leveling
Last edited by ogli on Aug 7, 2021, 10:24:35 AM
"
Pledge of Hands is our endgame staff. It comes with lots of Spell Damage and Mana, and grants Greater Spell Echo to socketed skills. This adds two additional repeats as well as 30% more Damage and 50% AoE per repeat, which synergizes perfectly with our Ball Lightning setup.

I don't understand, does the Greater Spell Echo itself grant the additional 30% more damage and 50% AoE per repeat?
I searched the PoE Wiki for this and it doesn't state it anywhere.
Copied it from fandome:
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Greater_Spell_Echo_Support

Greater Spell Echo causes supported spells to repeat twice after the initial cast with 35% more damage per Repeat and 50% increased Area of Effect per Repeat
Last edited by ogli on Aug 7, 2021, 5:02:57 PM
Is awakened spell echo any good for us? 25% chance to do double dmg on the last hit seems decent
"
krilovich wrote:
Is awakened spell echo any good for us? 25% chance to do double dmg on the last hit seems decent

Awakened Gems are pretty much always good, just more expensive. Especially with the dual quality bonus of the Awakened version of Spell Echo, very good if you can afford it.

Also, does anyone have a good seed number for the Militant Faith? I spent way too much on one and it's ruining one of my notable + Divine Orbs haven't been kind with me. What a mess of a system lol

Edit : I spent a fortune in Divine Orbs, but 4661 doesn't transform any of our 3 notable if put in the Tempered Mind slot.
Last edited by Umarill on Aug 8, 2021, 8:51:12 PM
"
Also, does anyone have a good seed number for the Militant Faith? I spent way too much on one and it's ruining one of my notable + Divine Orbs haven't been kind with me. What a mess of a system lol

Edit : I spent a fortune in Divine Orbs, but 4661 doesn't transform any of our 3 notable if put in the Tempered Mind slot.

I thought that number is just flavor text and doesnt do anything? I have 9548 on mine and it hits the mind over matter slot.. also im not sure if you can have multiple of the same notable? i think i tried having 2 inner conviction but only 1 would effect
"
krilovich wrote:

I thought that number is just flavor text and doesnt do anything? I have 9548 on mine and it hits the mind over matter slot.. also im not sure if you can have multiple of the same notable? i think i tried having 2 inner conviction but only 1 would effect

Sadly it isn't, it's a seeding number. It determines what the gem will do to the nodes in its radius, mostly the notables.

It can either leave them alone and add +5 devotion to them, or change them completely to new notables. Here's an example over Arcanist's Dominion :

So that's annoying because you have 3 important notables in the Jewel's radius (Quick Recovery, Forethought and Arcanist's Dominion), and you don't want the Jewel to override any of them. There's no effective way to know beforehand as far as I know, so just pray that the jewel is fine or spam divine orbs that'll both reroll the Templar and the number, so it can take a while (took me 25 orbs).

The taking over Keystones like Mind over Matter is fixed though, and you can't run 2 Inner Convictions (they do not stack).
Last edited by Umarill on Aug 8, 2021, 10:54:43 PM
"
Umarill wrote:
"
krilovich wrote:

Awakened Gems are pretty much always good, just more expensive. Especially with the dual quality bonus of the Awakened version of Spell Echo, very good if you can afford it.

Even if you have a number, you surely aren’t going to roll it yourself. Try forbidden trove, people put timeless jewels with several desirable notables in popular sockets for sale there.
Just completed A8 Sirus, took about 10mins. this build requires a lot of investment but it will work well. Orb of storms will clear everything on the map and Ball Lightning will take out bosses quickly.Some of my thoughts,

1. the watchers eye is a MUST with 10% more damage taken by mana on the clarity mod get it early

2. Anomalous arcane surge is important. in general mana regen should be a prime focus

3. you can sacrifice several life nodes late game to scale mana

4. try to get to 10K unreserved mana

5. onslaught is a massive boost, get it as soon as you can. it will help you get out of situations where the Ball lightning cast holds you in place

6 Nexus gloves are very useful, try to get them

7. boot enchantments as mentioned are a must

8 mana regen on the redeemer influenced stygians are hard to roll and very expensive, but not necessary if you can get regen above 3.3K

9. arcane cloak bound to move only is dangerous without good mana regen

This build was frustrating and very satisfying when I could get it to the endgame. DON'T GIVE UP, when you hit a wall make a significant upgrade and it will progress. Big thanks to Enki for making this build. Non-meta!
"
DIVINEWIND12 wrote:
Just completed A8 Sirus, took about 10mins. this build requires a lot of investment but it will work well. Orb of storms will clear everything on the map and Ball Lightning will take out bosses quickly.Some of my thoughts,

1. the watchers eye is a MUST with 10% more damage taken by mana on the clarity mod get it early

2. Anomalous arcane surge is important. in general mana regen should be a prime focus

3. you can sacrifice several life nodes late game to scale mana

4. try to get to 10K unreserved mana

5. onslaught is a massive boost, get it as soon as you can. it will help you get out of situations where the Ball lightning cast holds you in place

6 Nexus gloves are very useful, try to get them

7. boot enchantments as mentioned are a must

8 mana regen on the redeemer influenced stygians are hard to roll and very expensive, but not necessary if you can get regen above 3.3K

9. arcane cloak bound to move only is dangerous without good mana regen

This build was frustrating and very satisfying when I could get it to the endgame. DON'T GIVE UP, when you hit a wall make a significant upgrade and it will progress. Big thanks to Enki for making this build. Non-meta!

You have done A8 Sirus? That sounds amazing!!! Awesome!!! Can you please, please post your POB link as soon as possible. Thanks!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info