[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

"
"
JaggyWires wrote:
My apologies if this has been asked/answered before. Where do we socket the Watcher's Eye on the tree? And what specifically should we look for on the WE? Thanks!

#% increased Mana Recovery Rate while affected by Clarity
#% chance to Recover 10% of Mana when you use a Skill while affected by Clarity
#% of Damage taken from Mana before Life while affected by Clarity
Damage Penetrates #% Lightning Resistance while affected by Wrath
#% increased Lightning Damage while affected by Wrath

Socketed on the jewel socket on the left of "divine judgement"

Thanks...appreciate the help!
"
samsonko wrote:

I feel i have the same problem. Part of it is that I am new player (this i s my first season) but still I feel OoS does not do enough dmg to clear. Boss dmg with BL and brand is good enough. I still miss some items in my build, do they make that great of a difference?

I do find OoS to be a pain in the ass to use compared to arc where I an just cast and clear a mob and move onto the next without having to wait between casts. OoS has a period between casts that prevent you from casting.
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:
"
samsonko wrote:

I feel i have the same problem. Part of it is that I am new player (this i s my first season) but still I feel OoS does not do enough dmg to clear. Boss dmg with BL and brand is good enough. I still miss some items in my build, do they make that great of a difference?

I do find OoS to be a pain in the ass to use compared to arc where I an just cast and clear a mob and move onto the next without having to wait between casts. OoS has a period between casts that prevent you from casting.

The cooldown you are talking about is 0.50 sec and there are benefits to it like dont eat up your mana which allows you to stack less mana regen... arc might help you out with killing more rare monsters but wont help you with mana at all specially with less cast speed that we got .. the damage output is not good enough if you are struggling with clear try to get a asenath's gentle touch with explody you will clear really fast
Last edited by Sorenalike on Aug 6, 2021, 5:01:58 PM
I've just been using ball lightning with greater multy and unleash instead of OoS. seems to work fine so far.
I was part of those who had difficulties playing the build (lack of damage against bosses, lack of survivability...etc), gotta say that I've changed my mind but it costed me quite a bit (I think I'm at around 40-50 exalts spent total).

Killed Sirus deathless first time doing it ever, been running T16s with no deaths, stacked Logbooks...etc I barely even use my Life Flask anymore.

First of all, you need the 6L on Ball Lightning. The damage upgrade is enormous.

Getting the Watcher's Eye with Damage Taken from Mana before Life While Affected by Clarity is absolutely crucial for the late game, I've stopped dying so much ever since.

One of my Small Cluster Jewel is Stubborn Student instead of running 2x Mindfulness, it's 1k Armor vs Mana Regen, I think it has helped me quite a bit and I recommend it. It's very cheap too.

Skyforth + Soul of Lunaris for added survivability feels nice, but depends on your resistances and budget. With Stubborn Student, Granite Flask, Lunaris, Tukohama, you get around 60% Physical Reduction nearly for free, it's quite amazing.

Also, the Helmet enchant Arcane Cloak spends an additional 15% Mana is very high priority. It also makes a huge difference.

Good roll on an Atziri's Foible that you get to 20% Quality with Fertile Catalyst will also provide an enormous amount of Mana/Mana Regen, don't skip it.

And finally, play Greater Multiple Projectiles when mapping. I think it really should be in the main build, it's just a simple gem change before bosses but it's an insane difference. In weaker packs you don't even need OoS playing this setup.
You also don't need a Diamond Flask, I have a permanent uptime for Elemental Overload and I use a Silver Flask for Onslaught, but I'm looking at other options.

Hope people can manage to have fun, the build has a serious drop down in power before you get those things, but it picks right back up quickly.

With the GMP setup, you can Delve quickly and safely, which is nice to get some levels when you're struggling to not die in maps. I used that to get enough skillpoints for my Cluster Jewel when I struggled to stay alive.
Last edited by Umarill on Aug 6, 2021, 8:05:22 PM
"
Umarill wrote:
I was part of those who had difficulties playing the build (lack of damage against bosses, lack of survivability...etc), gotta say that I've changed my mind but it costed me quite a bit (I think I'm at around 40-50 exalts spent total).

Killed Sirus deathless first time doing it ever, been running T16s with no deaths, stacked Logbooks...etc I barely even use my Life Flask anymore.

First of all, you need the 6L on Ball Lightning. The damage upgrade is enormous.

Getting the Watcher's Eye with Damage Taken from Mana before Life While Affected by Clarity is absolutely crucial for the late game, I've stopped dying so much ever since.

One of my Small Cluster Jewel is Stubborn Student instead of running 2x Mindfulness, it's 1k Armor vs Mana Regen, I think it has helped me quite a bit and I recommend it. It's very cheap too.

Skyforth + Soul of Lunaris for added survivability feels nice, but depends on your resistances and budget. With Stubborn Student, Granite Flask, Lunaris, Tukohama, you get around 60% Physical Reduction nearly for free, it's quite amazing.

Also, the Helmet enchant Arcane Cloak spends an additional 15% Mana is very high priority. It also makes a huge difference.

Good roll on an Atziri's Foible that you get to 20% Quality with Fertile Catalyst will also provide an enormous amount of Mana/Mana Regen, don't skip it.

And finally, play Greater Multiple Projectiles when mapping. I think it really should be in the main build, it's just a simple gem change before bosses but it's an insane difference. In weaker packs you don't even need OoS playing this setup.
You also don't need a Diamond Flask, I have a permanent uptime for Elemental Overload and I use a Silver Flask for Onslaught, but I'm looking at other options.

Hope people can manage to have fun, the build has a serious drop down in power before you get those things, but it picks right back up quickly.

With the GMP setup, you can Delve quickly and safely, which is nice to get some levels when you're struggling to not die in maps. I used that to get enough skillpoints for my Cluster Jewel when I struggled to stay alive.

I just managed to get my 6L Pledge and was wondering what to do with the 5L on my Cloak as GMP will definitely do the job clearing maps... any tips for using those sockets for survivability?

Thanks in advance for your tips mate.
I swapped out the leap slam + fortify for a flame dash + faster casting. Jumping into packs is just insane with this build. Also I had to remove agnostic, it was just getting me killed whenever I got poisoned and it just sapped my mana to 0. Great build, good survivability. GGG really did nerf a lot of spell casters into the ground this league, such a shame.

Cheers Enki.
@Enki Would you recommend using Body Armour enchant Mana per % Quality and on Pledge AoE per % Quality?
This maybe a good build with a lot of investment but so far it's been horrible to play.

OK I'm still using 4 link Arc and 4 link ball as i've just got to maps but levelling i died well over 100 times, i needed 14 tries to complete the merc lab, I have no defence, no damage, fortify (my first time using this) seems pretty rubbish sadly. Any 'speedy' monsters just kill me with ease. I can't say I like the idea of switching to the untargetable orb of storms for clear. The last place i want to be on this build is anywhere near mobs.

I had high hopes for this. My first toon was Enki's legion arc mage and it was very playable but this build now is no league starter. I can't farm currency to progress in maps. Time wasted. Reroll or leave this boring league time.
"
Coxzor wrote:

I just managed to get my 6L Pledge and was wondering what to do with the 5L on my Cloak as GMP will definitely do the job clearing maps... any tips for using those sockets for survivability?

Thanks in advance for your tips mate.

Honestly I've been using both still, but I think you can go for a 5L Arcanist Brand w/ Conductivity, and on your 4L I'm not too sure, maybe something with Sigil of Power or another defensive tool.
If you get enough Mana Regen you can even run a Righteous Fire setup, I had something like that for a while but I felt a bit too squishy.

I like dropping the OoS and firing away in big groups (stacked Logbooks, Deliriums, Blight...etc), I think they both go well together, but solo BL is fine too.

"
Thayaric wrote:
This maybe a good build with a lot of investment but so far it's been horrible to play.

OK I'm still using 4 link Arc and 4 link ball as i've just got to maps but levelling i died well over 100 times, i needed 14 tries to complete the merc lab, I have no defence, no damage, fortify (my first time using this) seems pretty rubbish sadly. Any 'speedy' monsters just kill me with ease. I can't say I like the idea of switching to the untargetable orb of storms for clear. The last place i want to be on this build is anywhere near mobs.

I had high hopes for this. My first toon was Enki's legion arc mage and it was very playable but this build now is no league starter. I can't farm currency to progress in maps. Time wasted. Reroll or leave this boring league time.

Drop Arc, play OoS (you don't need to be in the middle of the packs to get it to work), get a 5L ASAP (don't need it on uniques to start with, just get a random 5L Chest) and use Greater Multiple Projectiles on it while mapping, Slower Projectiles when bossing, get a decent Staff for cheap.

Then get an Essence Worm (it's cheap as fuck) to have a free Wrath. The Ayrdalex is very cheap too, you can get it for a couple chaos. Get your 4th Ascendancy with it, that'll too help a ton.

Then finish up with basic gear with enough resistances, really shouldn't be an issue to get the capped 76%. Make sure you have your Acane Cloak with as much uptime as possible by setting it on your Left Click so that it goes off on CD.

With all that, and maybe what, 10 to 20c investment at best, you really shouldn't have an issue mapping. Yes you'll die here and there, but this will not stop you from farming currencies at all.
This'll be enough to get at least the two 5L uniques, and then work toward the 6L.

The build isn't as effective on low investment as others, but it can do its job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info