[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

"
Voteronyiakin wrote:
"
DIVINEWIND12 wrote:
Just completed A8 Sirus, took about 10mins. this build requires a lot of investment but it will work well. Orb of storms will clear everything on the map and Ball Lightning will take out bosses quickly.Some of my thoughts,

1. the watchers eye is a MUST with 10% more damage taken by mana on the clarity mod get it early

2. Anomalous arcane surge is important. in general mana regen should be a prime focus

3. you can sacrifice several life nodes late game to scale mana

4. try to get to 10K unreserved mana

5. onslaught is a massive boost, get it as soon as you can. it will help you get out of situations where the Ball lightning cast holds you in place

6 Nexus gloves are very useful, try to get them

7. boot enchantments as mentioned are a must

8 mana regen on the redeemer influenced stygians are hard to roll and very expensive, but not necessary if you can get regen above 3.3K

9. arcane cloak bound to move only is dangerous without good mana regen

This build was frustrating and very satisfying when I could get it to the endgame. DON'T GIVE UP, when you hit a wall make a significant upgrade and it will progress. Big thanks to Enki for making this build. Non-meta!

You have done A8 Sirus? That sounds amazing!!! Awesome!!! Can you please, please post your POB link as soon as possible. Thanks!!

Here you go : https://pastebin.com/LeQ4bdCG
"
Umarill wrote:
I was part of those who had difficulties playing the build (lack of damage against bosses, lack of survivability...etc), gotta say that I've changed my mind but it costed me quite a bit (I think I'm at around 40-50 exalts spent total).

Killed Sirus deathless first time doing it ever, been running T16s with no deaths, stacked Logbooks...etc I barely even use my Life Flask anymore.

First of all, you need the 6L on Ball Lightning. The damage upgrade is enormous.

Getting the Watcher's Eye with Damage Taken from Mana before Life While Affected by Clarity is absolutely crucial for the late game, I've stopped dying so much ever since.

One of my Small Cluster Jewel is Stubborn Student instead of running 2x Mindfulness, it's 1k Armor vs Mana Regen, I think it has helped me quite a bit and I recommend it. It's very cheap too.

Skyforth + Soul of Lunaris for added survivability feels nice, but depends on your resistances and budget. With Stubborn Student, Granite Flask, Lunaris, Tukohama, you get around 60% Physical Reduction nearly for free, it's quite amazing.

Also, the Helmet enchant Arcane Cloak spends an additional 15% Mana is very high priority. It also makes a huge difference.

Good roll on an Atziri's Foible that you get to 20% Quality with Fertile Catalyst will also provide an enormous amount of Mana/Mana Regen, don't skip it.

And finally, play Greater Multiple Projectiles when mapping. I think it really should be in the main build, it's just a simple gem change before bosses but it's an insane difference. In weaker packs you don't even need OoS playing this setup.
You also don't need a Diamond Flask, I have a permanent uptime for Elemental Overload and I use a Silver Flask for Onslaught, but I'm looking at other options.

Hope people can manage to have fun, the build has a serious drop down in power before you get those things, but it picks right back up quickly.

With the GMP setup, you can Delve quickly and safely, which is nice to get some levels when you're struggling to not die in maps. I used that to get enough skillpoints for my Cluster Jewel when I struggled to stay alive.

It is great that you killed A8 Sirus. Good to hear that. Please, please post your POB link as soon as you can. Thanks!!
"
DIVINEWIND12 wrote:
"
Voteronyiakin wrote:
"
DIVINEWIND12 wrote:
Just completed A8 Sirus, took about 10mins. this build requires a lot of investment but it will work well. Orb of storms will clear everything on the map and Ball Lightning will take out bosses quickly.Some of my thoughts,

1. the watchers eye is a MUST with 10% more damage taken by mana on the clarity mod get it early

2. Anomalous arcane surge is important. in general mana regen should be a prime focus

3. you can sacrifice several life nodes late game to scale mana

4. try to get to 10K unreserved mana

5. onslaught is a massive boost, get it as soon as you can. it will help you get out of situations where the Ball lightning cast holds you in place

6 Nexus gloves are very useful, try to get them

7. boot enchantments as mentioned are a must

8 mana regen on the redeemer influenced stygians are hard to roll and very expensive, but not necessary if you can get regen above 3.3K

9. arcane cloak bound to move only is dangerous without good mana regen

This build was frustrating and very satisfying when I could get it to the endgame. DON'T GIVE UP, when you hit a wall make a significant upgrade and it will progress. Big thanks to Enki for making this build. Non-meta!

You have done A8 Sirus? That sounds amazing!!! Awesome!!! Can you please, please post your POB link as soon as possible. Thanks!!

Here you go : https://pastebin.com/LeQ4bdCG

I looked at your POB but I already have this POB from Enki91. You are telling me that your gear is exactly identical to Enki91's gear? I wanted your POB from your character not the POB from Enki91's character.
Why Forethought instead of Dreamer right below it?
"
wlibur wrote:

You want higher mana cost for damage in archmage builds.
Hey guys,

I've been playing this build and loving it! I am level 88 now just getting into red maps. I've died quite a bit but I've since gotten a hang of the playstyle and I'm dieing much less now. I still have a 5L pledge and 5L cloak but I have 3.3k life (Healthy mind jewel nuked my life) and 7k mana with 50% damage taken from mana. I'm also running the agnostic which really boosts survivability I feel. Its so important. As soon as I took the agnostic, my health is always topped up. Basically I either get one shot or I don't die, which is awesome.

Anyway, not sure if you can look at my character to make any suggestions but I really appreciate the build guide. Thanks!
"
Gimdornim wrote:
"
wlibur wrote:

You want higher mana cost for damage in archmage builds.

Ok got it, thank you for the info
Why is hubris circlet endgame gear with Agnostic? Surely evasion or armor is better since ES is zero?
What about Dynamo for an annointment?
20% increased maximum Mana
Guard Skills have 25% increased Duration
Recover 20% of Mana over 1 second when you use a Guard Skill

Seems pretty good to use with arcane cloak.
"
welly321 wrote:
What about Dynamo for an annointment?
20% increased maximum Mana
Guard Skills have 25% increased Duration
Recover 20% of Mana over 1 second when you use a Guard Skill

Seems pretty good to use with arcane cloak.

Hey you are suppose to get that on your talent tree normally anyway .. and its 10% mana over 1 sec it got nerfed but still good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info