[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

"
Tacobs88 wrote:
Any tips on how to deal with the constant stuning? i get stun locked and cannot move cast or anything.

Hello soul of the brine king helps out with stuns or boot enchant which provides 80% chance to avoid stuns
more info here
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3147914/page/24#p24236813
Hello
Sorry to hear that .. i saw enki does sirus deathless today in SSF league while surviving atleast 5 one shots which was pretty funny he was doing it live so i dont believe its the build ..
whats your use for your current helmet ? your gloves got 18 to maximum life on it ? and no mana ... you are missing so much idk where to begin with
you have spent so much on big items like unnatural instinct while missing useful small items... i mean your watcher eye dont even got 10% damage taken from mana before life ...
check my thoughts on this build it might help you out with getting tankier

The way i see it ppl die to shock and chill effects these days try to improve those stats even with 100% reduced shock effect you will get shocked by 50% after passing the first shocked ground and entering the second shocked ground or avoiding the first shock applied by the monsters second one will shock you for 50%... try to get exposure on hit for cluster jewel and curse on hit on ring or gloves (corrupted) .. also missing helmet enchant
I recommend reading his guide and double check everything you missed it might help you out
I mean my man you are not even immune to curse of silence its just basics ... how you even do maps is beyond me ..
i also see a lot of wasted talent points and missed mana nodes
Do the basics first then after the improvements we can take a look again and let you know what is the problem afterwards
Good luck

Sounds good to me. I will make the changes regarding your advice on survivability and see where the build goes from there after the improvements. I will also change my helmet since you were asking me what was my use for it.
Thanks for your prompt feedback.
"
Sorenalike wrote:
"
Voteronyiakin wrote:
This build is squishy and lacks enough damage. I barely completed the Shaper's guardians and the Elder's guardians. I tried doing Sirus Awakening Level 8 three times now but this build just does not do enough damage. I give up. I am going to play some of my other builds now and keep an eye out for any major updates by Enki or anyone else that improves this build DRAMATICALLY. My pastebin link is https://pastebin.com/wQjbdBzp

Maybe I did something massively wrong with this build but I don't know.

Hello
Sorry to hear that .. i saw enki does sirus deathless today in SSF league while surviving atleast 5 one shots which was pretty funny he was doing it live so i dont believe its the build ..
whats your use for your current helmet ? your gloves got 18 to maximum life on it ? and no mana ... you are missing so much idk where to begin with
you have spent so much on big items like unnatural instinct while missing useful small items... i mean your watcher eye dont even got 10% damage taken from mana before life ...

The way i see it ppl die to shock and chill effects these days try to improve those stats even with 100% reduced shock effect you will get shocked by 50% after passing the first shocked ground and entering the second shocked ground or avoiding the first shock applied by the monsters second one will shock you for 50%... try to get exposure on hit for cluster jewel and curse on hit on ring or gloves (corrupted) .. also missing helmet enchant
I recommend reading his guide and double check everything you missed it might help you out
I mean my man you are not even immune to curse of silence its just basics ... how you even do maps is beyond me ..
Do the basics first then after the improvements we can take a look again and let you know what is the problem afterwards
Good luck

Sounds good to me. I have read your discussion about improvements to survivability and will incorporate your recommended improvements and see where the build gooes from there. I will also definitely change my helmet since you asked me what was the use of my current helmet. Thanks for your prompt feedback!!
"
Voteronyiakin wrote:
"
Sorenalike wrote:
"
Voteronyiakin wrote:
This build is squishy and lacks enough damage. I barely completed the Shaper's guardians and the Elder's guardians. I tried doing Sirus Awakening Level 8 three times now but this build just does not do enough damage. I give up. I am going to play some of my other builds now and keep an eye out for any major updates by Enki or anyone else that improves this build DRAMATICALLY. My pastebin link is https://pastebin.com/wQjbdBzp

Maybe I did something massively wrong with this build but I don't know.

Hello

Good luck

Sounds good to me. I have read your discussion about improvements to survivability and will incorporate your recommended improvements and see where the build gooes from there. I will also definitely change my helmet since you asked me what was the use of my current helmet. Thanks for your prompt feedback!!

I forgot to mention that since you saw Enki do Sirus deathless in SSF league while avoiding at least 5 one-shots, I would hope that Enki would post the latest POB changes for the build.

Hello,

So I crafted double influence helm with +1 maximum to power charges and -9% nearby enemies lightning res. And now I realize that I have no way to generate power charges if I am playing with atziri's foible. Do endgame items require the Aylardex with annointemnt? The this is atziri s foible looks better for dps still
"
You aren't supposed to play Arc anymore, the build recommends Orb of Storms...

lolwut? Well, silly me. I guess I missed an absolutely critical update to the guide somewhere along the way, but when I started Arc was definitely on the menu.
@Enki I am really liking the build but, I'm level 88 and even though im still at map tiers 10 or so, I think the build is tanky enough for all content. Where I'm struggling is on the map clearing. Many times the mobs don't die with OoS (maybe is because the gems are still not full level or because OoS is still a 5L) and casting the very slow BL in the middle of mobs feels a bit clunky.

Any recomendations on what could I use for mapping instead of Pledge of Hands with BL? I was thinking an sceptre with shield for more defensive layer and maybe Arc or maybe other lightning ability to help OoS at the mapping time (switching then to the Pledge of Hands with BL for bosses).

I don't feel the build is short on damage for bosses but for mapping so I thought mapping with something different might be better but I don't really know what to use for that.

The only times I die are in expedition encounters and when I open a chest that gets me frozen. Appart of this, hardly ever i die mapping, heisting or delving.

I'm not sure if I created properly the link for the PoB but anyway here it is.
Link to my PoB: https://pastebin.com/behArpqj
Hi,
thanks for the build, I started every season I played so far with one of your builds and they have been a huge help!

However there is one thing that is really different this season: I cant get wave of conviction to proc on lightning vulberabilty. I really dont understand why that is. My character has no fire dmg or cold dmg to spells on any of the items. I even tried out crafting added lightning dmg to spells and I still ended up getting fire or cold exposure more often that not.

Is there something I am missing? Help would be very appreciated
It's nice that it's just orb of storms and ball lightning now. Less buttons to press.
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:
It's nice that it's just orb of storms and ball lightning now. Less buttons to press.

U have to use a 3. Btn for the brand on bossing and a 4. for Leap. But yes, few Btns here...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info