Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

"
IBSPL wrote:
Atlas clusterfuck grind not touched at all. Wrist killing splinter clicking not touched at all. Nerfs and "balance" making grind even longer and longer.

That's the concerning thing for me as well.

The game has cultured a zoomer way of playing the game and has matched that culture with game design choices to match the zoomer approach. From garbage loot being 99% of the drops to huge packs one shotting players and boss mechanics being more and more one shot in nature just makes me think taking longer on anything in this game is going to be met with lower participation numbers.

It might not even be the rewards this time but mobs one shotting because they lived long enough to connect. It should be fun in spectator mode anyway.
Im completely disappointed where the game goes forward. i cant understand unreasonable nerfs on every mechanics. I dont play this game since harvest, cuz it's more and more boredom and overwhelming... i feel like pissed out, all my builds are completely useless after all. It will be next league i skip. There is not point to download and start playing this game again, unless they get know all their mistakes ... i doubt it would even happen someday. Of course you should know, im not going to buy supporter packs anyway by like that. Poe is not fun anymore, it should be anyway.

"Path of unfanny Nerfs"
"
Immeinen wrote:
Me likey, Flask should never have been permanent immunity to ailments or permanent damage boost. Maybe the end game meta will finally experience some shakeup too.

enjoy dying lmfao.
"
benhonda03 wrote:
"
darkforce1985 wrote:

You can go play HC, or better for skiller like you ... SSFHC.
You have choice hm?

Tell him to pack his bag with Alt+F4 mashing against Merveil on HC lol

-For skiller like me? What is that suppose to mean? You can be like this you too !

-Why the need to be rude here? I like the challenge of this nerf league. Every league, I'm killing all end game bosses on A9, clearing the Altas to 95% completions and all this under 3-5 week so this changes for me is interesting because its spice up things.

I think that in some way if you have the knowledge to compensate for this nerf, you can still do a nice build/progression into the end game. In PoE knowledge is everything. Knowledge you get will speed up everything you do, the order you do it, and so on.

Everything will always changes (like this nerf patches) between league and all this can be hard to assimilate at the same time if your starting from scratch. Im still learning the game and have played 8-9 leagues.

I also understand your reaction, your clearly not alone. This feel like a pretty big nerf. What I don't like is your mean remark towards me. BTW if you don't have time to play the league you shouldn't play it. Take nothing personals and have fun!

[/quote]

Why rude?
Just tell you, when you like challenge and harder game ... yoz can go play HC/SSFHC. Or you are scared for 30+ challenges? Common. You want challenge, so lets go play SSFHC :) As you say, you kill every league end game content. Its nothing personal. I play only HC and thats why i leave this shit balanced game for defensive nerfs w/o balance oneshot shitfest + bugs in game and bad server perfomance. And when Dark Souls game have better craft system then PoE.

So when you play trade SC shit with copy build, you cant know how this game looks on HC bro ;)
I'll say it one more time; BUFF BOSS DROPS!

I can deal with all these ridiculous nerfs, although the game is NOT as fun as it was in delirium/heist. But if I kill another hundred end game bosses and get nothing in return I have no reason to play this game anymore. It's like working without getting paid. speaking of getting paid... nvm

Never seen a gaming community so angry and rightfully so. It's like when a baby is crying and instead of helping the baby you 1-shot it over and over with no rewards...
"
Buunaucht wrote:
I'll say it one more time; BUFF BOSS DROPS!

I can deal with all these ridiculous nerfs, although the game is NOT as fun as it was in delirium/heist. But if I kill another hundred end game bosses and get nothing in return I have no reason to play this game anymore. It's like working without getting paid. speaking of getting paid... nvm

Never seen a gaming community so angry and rightfully so. It's like when a baby is crying and instead of helping the baby you 1-shot it over and over with no rewards...

THIS. I feel like a broken record saying how pointless it is to target farm bosses besides Sirius.
Ima skip this league, skip the supoorter packs too.

You are taking the same way as blizzard toke with WoW .

Cya next league if you guys stop one day nerfing shit.
"
As a SSFHC player i don't really know what to think about all that...
Hardest content i have done on SSFHC : reach lvl95, kill Atziri, kill 10 Maven bosses, collect 16 watchstones... after that i'm hiting a wall with zdps and get 1 or 2 shotted.

No shaper, no elder, no sirus, no guardians, no catarina, no aul etc... so i guess i will never reach endgame content with this new patch incoming. This game is taking a 100% softcore direction.

I know i'm not a "good" player but i started this game 2,5 years ago and i have watched so many content to understand all the mechanics etc...

the major game problem is being one shotted offscreen or by random magic mobs etc... and you keep digging in this direction. Also we still don't know what killed us which is a really huge frustration. I have no problem with rip a char but i like to understand my mistakes and on maybe 40% of my deaths i clearly don't understand / learn anything.

I'm still probably a poe noob/casual but i am on another side a huge D2 fan since day 1 and i finished rank 1 killing hell baal on Europe HC Ladder last month. So as a hardcore player since a long long long time i can swear that you are going to loose a lot of your HC/SSFHC community with this patch, it was already a big struggle which i enjoyed a lot but if you are turning this on an "impossible" thing and exclusively care about SC experience i'm off.

You have my respect. I play only HC and never go so far as you. But i feel that in same way. Its focused for SC bcs GGG and Chris want hard game XD On SC omg. Its so funny.

GL in league if you wanna play it sir :)
"
Sakadi wrote:
In short this game isn't hard, what is "hard" for players is the continual 1-shot BS this game seems to favour... And I do not know about you, but being 1-shot for no apparent reason isn't fun nor does it make a game "hard"

Reading all of the patch notes I would like to know how many extra skill points are we getting to combat the loss of survivability? Or is the intent of this patch to make the players create multiple characters to combat a certain situation faced in a map? Because come next league there will be no way mitigate the encounter with out 10 mirrors or being a streamer who plays 16hrs a day with 5 of his/her jobless friends?

- Nerfing movement skills isn't a good for the game and a emphases should be put on making them more rewarding for evading enemy attacks.

- There needs to be a rework on defence. As before mentioned getting 1-shot by an off screen bin-chicken isn't fun nor does it make the game "hard" it just forces the community to play 1 style of game play.

- Crafting needs to become more accessible for the common players or an emphases put on rewarding the crafter of an item though a buff or de-gen for someone else who uses that item (GGG should explore this)

- If Crafting won't be improve or the above won't be explored, then please make crafting materials more common so people will be more willing to give it a craft before turning to POE.Trade crafting needs to be more engaging if you're focus is on making it stupidly hard without an taking advantage of an exploit.

- Nerf steamer group play before decimating the average players experience. The buff for a 6 man group should be removed before even considering the changes you're about to make GGG.

I guess we as a community will find something to exploit just to get into red maps this league.

I don't know about the rest of you... But I'm not exactly looking forward to

*** PATH OF EXILE - The League of: Dark Souls... ***

+1
Friday 23rd is comming faster and I'll be racing through a honest game rocking since 2012 with Demons from Hell and stuff that we can run the same content as Meta with lower time/effort waste for nothing!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info