Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

Thanks GGG for hurting the meta kids.
IGN : Iss_Limit_Less
Pog
The only logical and appropriate reaction to the Announcement / Manifesto.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV-yfpZhSeo
The Great Support Gem Nerf, Flask System nerf, Assassin nerf, The Deletion of CoC, Movement skill nerf, Other nefs, Buffs to dogshit skills that will still suck after buff.
Imho this is change is for the better, what is the point having a map where you just one shot everything including the boss. But because speed is reduced now, we should have earlier access to the end game, please make atlas less grindy.

Overall, good job GGG!
Seems like totems are still on the menu. Good enough for me to make another totem build this league ^.^
I'm a brand new player, and I'm a fan of the manifesto, mostly. My experience so far is that it feels like there are some very good gems, and a bunch of filler. That most builds focus on just a couple of abilities to the exclusion of everything else. More variety, more choice, less feeling locked into a specific choice simply because it is so much more effective, those to me are welcome changes that have me more excited. Particularly as I enjoy trying to make weird builds work, am not interested in going with somebody else's build. If it turns out that endgame is now too hard, as some are predicting, then GGG can just do a balance pass on the mobs & bosses.

The point of the changes seems to me to remove the propensity for a handful of hugely popular builds and a bunch of other stuff that is simply less effective, and to change it so there are a lot more viable options that end up close to each other in terms of power & effectiveness.

The bit I don't like is making the campaign itself significantly harder. I've only done the campaign once in full so far, but I can already see that for new characters, it's probably going to feel like work to get them through campaign and to level ~70, at which point I can start having more fun with them. Deliberately making the work section longer and the fun section farther away doesn't seem as good. I'm honestly a little surprised there are no MTXs involving paying say 300 points to be boosted to 70, available a few weeks into each new league.
Why make flasks a currency item? It didn't effect the top streamers that are the main reason why GGG actually does anything, between all the main story line additions and now this change it feels like until POE2 when they get everything where they want it's just gonna be way way more grind and negative then intended. I agree stuff had to change but it might be too much to fast that isn't gonna get the results they want
I love that we will have to figure out what new builds to play, only thing that bothers me is the fact that aisling now removes a random modifier and that's only because its very useful in SSF, but in SC I totally get it and I play both anyways. Looking forward to some challenge again, and trying out new league mechanic, hopefully servers are as good as they have been this past week! :)
Damn, I was hoping to run a Lancing Steel raider, no ele immunity and onslaught is kind of a bummer.
Are these all of the nerfs to gems? I'm looking at guide with expedition builds but not sure what to pick yet https://gamerdiscovery.com/poe-expedition-builds/ sadge

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info