Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

"
Oblitus wrote:
And moderators are now only allowing positive reactions.

And somehow your [Removed by Support] remark still stands... And of course the thread has no replies from [Removed by Support] every two posts crying over nerfs they don't even know how will shape up the game and letting us all know they are quitting. It's one big sea of positivity.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jul 20, 2021, 9:46:51 PM
One of my favorite things to do is note every name of the players in this thread that said "No thanks quitting this league bb" and then searching them up in 2 weeks and checking out thier lvl 90 league char :)

:)
Please, GGG, someone tell us about Spellslinger. It already reserves mana as a downside. Will the changes to trigger affect it?
"
hatefield wrote:
"
darkforce1985 wrote:
This nerf makes them like WoW current situation now

If Asmongold playing this game and see this huge nerf, he will bash this game 24/7

Oh noes the game is ducked :( Except for the part where you are all wrong. People don't just bandwagon and follow every clown with a social platform. The problem with WoW is that it has an unfun list of daily chores you have to do to gain player power (I mean the daily world content which is so easy and monotone that the only condition for success is having a pulse) just for the sake of daily retention while these nerfs wanna take PoE in the opposite direction. Wow is bad because it's bad not because some dudes moan and wail on forums crying "please don't nerf us" or I quit gg. Nobody cares really. At the end of the day the devs make the game they want and if you don't wanna play it anymore don't. No need to be a drama queen on the forums.

Are you trying to say this nerf is fine, don't be so serious about it? (larf)

Nerf based on dev. comfort zone. Checked

Nerf without testing. Checked

Release and patch midway every week for a month. Checked

No fun allowed. Checked (larf)

Making mobs stronger instead of nerfing builds. Nope (larf)
test test
There are plenty of "Good" developers that trying to make the game they have envisioned for themselves. What differs them from "Great" devs is their narcissism, thinking their way to play the game is the only correct course.

Take a look at your game, read the room, watch the meta.
Games are a form of escapism and you gained 90% of your current playerbase from POWERFANTASY, none cared about the challenge, look at your own stats that you post every league, people barely reach the maps to see the real content. You have to tone down the game entry barrier, get rid of this "Help" button and LITERALLY take the player hand and point him where to go.

I had like 13 years of MU Online (similar RPG) background but even for me the game (POE) back in 2015 was really hard to pick up because of how bad it was designed. Put some arrows at least in act 1, why do you expect new player to figure all this shitshow themselves or you just want your audience to be hardcore soystreamers god gamers that delete game after 1st wipe?

And counting all that you're still trying to increase challenge, for ACTS?
I've leveled like way over 100 characters to acts already and this is the most boring part of the game for me, forcing us spend any more time is really the best you came up with?

I don't see you adressing server, game, visual clarity issues in your game which itself is a major problem and challenge to overcome for players that dont have NASA PC and 1GBPS internet living directly in server's basement, but swift to drop huge pile of nerfs.
As a casual player, who never managed to come close to end game, (even after 4 leagues) never managed to have more than like 15 exalted orbs after playing whole league for months, never been able to craft custom gear, never been able to have any of the end game items...every league I wanted to quit but gave it a try anyway. Last league I only played for 2 and a half weeks, maybe? This league is definitevly a game quit forever.
fortify and ailment immunity nerfs? sounds like a painful league. the feared is going to be interesting.
"
With curse flasks not having an immunity period.
How am i supposed to counter izaros perma curse labyrinth modifier?

Please someone answer me this :(

They were pretty clear that if you are cursed when you use the curse removal flask will give you some time of immunity. But the curse fonts are an optional mechanic. If you fear it kill the fonts and you're safe. Also there are items with less effect of curses on you, cannot be slowed for temp chains, overcapping resists for elemental weakness and those are just a few of the things that pop up the top of my head.
What about these:

* Forums -> search within thread
* Web passive tree -> fix timeless jewels & cluster jewels
* Trade improvements (at least build-in some features from trade addons)
* Damage log

* Increase minimum movement speed a bit
* Remove identify and portal scrolls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info