Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

"
darkforce1985 wrote:
This nerf makes them like WoW current situation now

If Asmongold playing this game and see this huge nerf, he will bash this game 24/7

Oh noes the game is ducked :( Except for the part where you are all wrong. People don't just bandwagon and follow every clown with a social platform. The problem with WoW is that it has an unfun list of daily chores you have to do to gain player power (I mean the daily world content which is so easy and monotone that the only condition for success is having a pulse) just for the sake of daily retention while these nerfs wanna take PoE in the opposite direction. Wow is bad because it's bad not because some dudes moan and wail on forums crying "please don't nerf us" or I quit gg. Nobody cares really. At the end of the day the devs make the game they want and if you don't wanna play it anymore don't. No need to be a drama queen on the forums.
"Some triggers have higher costs than others, most notably Cast on Damage Taken."

"Some positive results of this change are that Archmage can now apply to triggered skills."

This could be really strong if I understand this correctly. Needs lots of mana gain for it to work. I hope this build becomes meta. Woot woot.
I will try this league with a "Unique" build to see if the changes actually made build variety a thing. But doubtful. This is the first league where I read the changes and was like "Yeah I don't think I want to play this."
Can't use Archmage with manabond? Gonna be so easy to not play this league. Thank you.

As a side note, since Vanilla wow did so well, could we get a vanilla PoE league? What you've done over the past 8 years is horrendous and I'd love to just farm lvl 68 piety with legacy gear. Sounds a hell of a lot more fun than this bullsh*t.
And moderators are now only allowing positive reactions.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
And moderators are now only allowing positive reactions.

And they seem to have some strange logic on what to delete. Almost like they are drunk or high. Ahhhh that explains it!
With curse flasks not having an immunity period.
How am i supposed to counter izaros perma curse labyrinth modifier?

Please someone answer me this :(
I like that. Maybe now there will be some challenge at last, because previously you just melted 5 screens away and casually taking loot after. Or your aurabot was doing that part.
"
Our ability to create interesting boss fights and monster combat is removed when players are routinely killing those monsters or bosses before they have used a single ability.

I think this is accurate, but there is one major problem: for years at this point any new enemies or other threats that have been added to the game are designed around the zoom zoom playstyle of PoE. Enemies that attack from far away (even from off-screen), enemies that quickly gap close, enemies that are invincible until they attack you, enemies that try to kill you after they are dead, and "enemies" that attack you but do not exist as actual targets.

None of these are ideal in any circumstance, but in zoom zoom gameplay they are at least functional. In a slowed down PoE however, they are just terrible gameplay dynamics, and at this point they are everywhere throughout so much of the content. Unless these mechanics are massively scaled back (a huge undertaking that will require reworking many enemies and their skills), slowing PoE down is only going to make the gameplay worse, not better. Or to put it another way: it's going to expose how bad much of PoE's gameplay is when we aren't able to breeze by it.

The strong points of this game are its depth, customization, and breadth of endgame content. The gameplay is easily its weakest point, and while slowing it down is a necessary part of the solution: it is not a solution by itself, not at all.
ok fine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info