[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

Note that I am playing in softcore this league, and the economies can be quite different sometimes between those markets. But next things I would go after are:

1. Corrupted 6 link body armor (2r, 2b, 2g)
2. Ring with "Curse Enemies with Conductivity on Hit"
3. Gloves with "Strike Skills Target 1 Additional Nearby Enemy" as implicit

All should be available in the 10 to 50 chaos range, though a quick glance at the available trade items in hard core says that the gloves may be more pricey than I was expecting. But the gloves let you trade out Ancestral Call for either Inspiration, Multistrike or Added Lighting Damage, depending on the colors of your sockets.
Coming back to this guide again since I have experienced it once. Looking to start gauntlet with this build. Anything i should keep in mind?
"
frostbond wrote:

3. Gloves with "Strike Skills Target 1 Additional Nearby Enemy" as implicit

All should be available in the 10 to 50 chaos range, though a quick glance at the available trade items in hard core says that the gloves may be more pricey than I was expecting. But the gloves let you trade out Ancestral Call for either Inspiration, Multistrike or Added Lighting Damage, depending on the colors of your sockets.

You can also get this as a Searing Exarch implicit in addition to a hunter prefix. That means you can spam SE influence on maps, either hoping for a drop or to get influence fragments you can spam on any random set of gloves. You'll give up the projectile damage from gripped gloves but it is much, much easier than trying to get that prefix on a rare set of hunter-influenced gloves.
"
Thank you I will spend some time on the trade site for those items. How does my tree look at level 89? Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

The tree looks pretty good. I see that you have both Wisdom of the Glade and Thief's Craft for intelligence. If you can spare 10 points, you can trade one of them out for Coldhearted Calculation.

A bigger change would be to go after the rest of the claw wheel. If I had to respec 4 of your points, it would be the +3 Melee Strike Range Attack Mastery, Elemental Focus & Elemental Damage, and that Evasion and Life node right after Revenge of the Hunted. None of those are bad choices, but this change would give you more damage.
"
buttcaake wrote:
Coming back to this guide again since I have experienced it once. Looking to start gauntlet with this build. Anything i should keep in mind?

The biggest thing while leveling is probably that single target damage can feel lacking right around lvl 50 if you don’t have a Vaal lightning strike or a 5-link. You’re still using fortify gem at that point and fighting juiced doedre and Malachai can be quite difficult. Consider using spectral helix for single target instead until you get over that hump. Also, Izaro second lab is going to be really rough this gauntlet so you’ll want to over-level a lot before getting that second ascendancy point set.

I’m in a practice league that tries to mimic the gauntlet but you can’t choose 100% increased dps, only 20. This might be a super rough gauntlet based off my experience. I’m trying to make a self-made Galvanic Arrow Champ work. It’s fine in normal ssfhc, but gauntlet is a different animal.

Edit: Also, use determination over grace... if you make it to late game and want to switch over due to aura space, go for it. For leveling, determination will be better. Use that and HoI to proc trinity instead of Anger while leveling.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Mar 27, 2022, 9:46:01 PM
How to get fastest, v l strike ? I mean gauntlet .
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
Last edited by zeldzioszka on Mar 29, 2022, 10:25:16 AM
"
zeldzioszka wrote:
How to get fastest, v l strike ? I mean gauntlet .

Use Vaal orbs on regular lightning strike gems. 20% chance to get Vaal lightning strike. Or, get a lucky drop from a vaal side area. Just remember, vaal side areas can have ele reflect up until you reach maps, so be sure to read the zone modifiers.
~Donkster5
Loving this build. Nearly lvl 96 but how to scale DPS higher? When I load build into POB it shows around 1.6M DPS.

I know this build can do much more.

Any further advice?

PS4
Account: Bow_To_Zohan
Charactet: Zohan_BKTank
Hey all, really enjoying the build, but I as if I must be doing something just not quite right, if anyone with a more experienced eye for this build would mind taking a look and giving me a few re-works or pointers I would really appreciate it, I feel I just need a little bit of guidance in the right direction. Does the interrogation add that extra "OOMPH!" I need?

Thanks! Any advice is much appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info