Game not launching.

Only the steam version works
"
Only the steam version works

For me the steam version does not want to launch, about to download the standalone client.

So far I've deleted all the caches, reset my net config on PC, reinstalled the game, validated local files, updated my drivers, tried to launch the game with the lowest res, launched as admin, no launch on any of these options.
Last edited by _Spooks on Oct 22, 2021, 2:27:46 PM
Pretty much tried everything during the past two days, nothing has worked yet, poe process showing up on task manager but the game never appears, hopefully GGG will manage to find and fix the issue asap.
Also Steam doesn't say "preparing to launch Path of Exile" but "Updating configuration" before it fails to do anything. Anyone knows what that could mean?
Figured I'll update by now, standalone works just fine. After installing the standalone, then launching the game afterwards, it worked. Then I went ahead and reinstalled the steam version and launched from there, it finally fixed whatever my issues were.
Forgive me. But why the hell should we do this? GGG didn't care anymore? Previously, they always gave feedback.
Is anyone able to play now? mine is opening for 3 seconds then shuts down. but before that shut down thing happen after path and open it it says clearing cache. then this 3 second thing happen
"
PuyPoy wrote:
Is anyone able to play now? mine is opening for 3 seconds then shuts down. but before that shut down thing happen after path and open it it says clearing cache. then this 3 second thing happen

No. Game crash after 2-3 sec. Good job by GGG.
We need to spam reddit. GGG does not react differently.
Same issue, been trying to fix for 5 hours, watched countless older videos and read forums posts for similar problem and nothing has fixed. Tried steam repair, tried repairing the game, tried complete reinstall, and number other things I was able to find.
"
Firestorm666 wrote:
Also Steam doesn't say "preparing to launch Path of Exile" but "Updating configuration" before it fails to do anything. Anyone knows what that could mean?

Same problem here, just got a new PC, setup everything and when I start PoE I can't get beyond the Login-Intro. After the Intro the game crashes without any error. Steam also says Updating Config before "starting" the game.

Ryzen 5600x, 2080ti, 16gig 3600mhz ram, x570e-gaming MB, bios 4021

DxDiag:
https://pastebin.com/nCvJkBwV

Event Manager records this Error Message:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: PathOfExileSteam.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x6173a785
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.906, Zeitstempel: 0x2f2f77bf
Ausnahmecode: 0xe0000001
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000034b59
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2294
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d7c81874fb9c6a
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\PathOfExileSteam.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: 0a72d6b6-2b87-4d2b-b891-bb08a6db14ef
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

When starting the game via Standalone Client, I get the following error after the same crashing behaviour:
The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.(GetDeviceRemovedReason: The GPU will not respond to more commands. This is probably because the calling application passed an invalid command.
Last edited by beeblesempf on Oct 23, 2021, 7:05:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info