Game not launching.

bump
last bump, i'm totally give up, dunno how to fix it and zero response from GGG, hope it will be fixed somehow in next league...
I was having the same issue but found the following fix:

-> Change game resolution to 1024x768 using NVidea options (Geforce Experience for instance), as suggested before. This should make the game launch (it did in my case, but when I would set it back to fullscreen the game would crash).
-> Go into the game, change render to Vulkan (might take some time).
-> Set resolution to the desired values.

This worked as a fix for me so maybe this is a DirectX problem?
Okay, looks like worked for me is resetting the WMI repository

Run cmd as administrator

Enter the following commands into the command prompt window one at a time. Press Enter after each command. Any time you get a confirmation prompt, confirm the prompt. One of the commands may also tell you the WMI service is already started. This is okay.

net stop winmgmt
winmgmt /resetrepository
net start winmgmt
any admin going to help us? alot of us seem to have this problems i cant open my game now..
"
Ian_GGG wrote:
Hi there,

The 3.13.2 patch added a system to automatically clear old cached data, which will occur on the first startup of the client after updating, during the Grinding Gear Games logo video. This should only occur once after the update, if this is not the case, please let us know!

not working. still cant open game via steam , screen wants to open but closes 1 second after.

please fix issue
My issue is i have to uninstall and reinstall the POE Client (via steam) every time i want to play it.
if i turn off my PC, goto bed, wake up the next day and play... it goes to the GGG Cogs and crashes. only a complete reinstall works. this is lunacy!
I have moved it to other drives incase of issues, still not working.

and given that this has been an issue on this forum post alone, since July. some reassurance that its being looked into would be helpful. i just spent £60 on currency and tabs, and i cant play. so im considering applying for refunds shortly if no feedback.

update. i now cant play at all. even uninstalling/reinstalling is now not working.
Last edited by HaMaPeSh on Sep 18, 2021, 8:12:34 AM
"
necrompwnz wrote:
Okay, looks like worked for me is resetting the WMI repository

Run cmd as administrator

Enter the following commands into the command prompt window one at a time. Press Enter after each command. Any time you get a confirmation prompt, confirm the prompt. One of the commands may also tell you the WMI service is already started. This is okay.

net stop winmgmt
winmgmt /resetrepository
net start winmgmt

This worked!
this worked for me! ty alot
I guess this patch I have the loser card. Tried everything alone and together, nothing helps. Downloading the standalone now and hope it works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info