Game not launching.

same fckn issue, a little poe window pops up and it shuts down after 3 sec
Guys ive might have the answere.

Go in your device-manager, search for the graphiccards and deactivate everything thats no graphicscard.

pls tell me if it worked, because that worked on my pc.
Last edited by Kofi_ on Oct 28, 2021, 9:09:56 AM
I 've had the same issue. After client install the game didn't run. Just shows the screen then after 3 sec nothing. To resolve the issue did the following. Go to your folder where your game installed. Then find the production config file you should delete the existing file. in my case it was:
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\production_config.ini . I've deleted it and then the game runs smoothly. Maybe it rewrited it or something like that. Did the trick for me with steam acc.
And in case it was standalone game install the config is here:
c:\users\"profile name"\documents\my games\path of exile\production_config.ini
Hope it help
Last edited by sergMSTR on Nov 2, 2021, 5:40:54 AM
Hopefully this might help someone, I experienced the same issue, I discovered by chance I could only open the game when my headset was not plugged in, beleive it or not!
Game won't load, all the thing above didn't help.

I guess i'm done with PoE forever..
changing directx_version=auto to directx_version=11

and renderer_type=Vulkan to renderer_type=DirectX11 helped me
"
Kofi_ wrote:
Guys ive might have the answere.

Go in your device-manager, search for the graphiccards and deactivate everything thats no graphicscard.

pls tell me if it worked, because that worked on my pc.

WOW! It works! I couldn't launch the game for half a year. Thank you!
Last edited by 1umant on Nov 9, 2021, 5:36:25 PM
I know this is dead but if I found it looking for a fix others might too.

when I started up poe my screen went black for 5 seconds then it kicked me off the game.

I found a fix for this problem I deleted everything in my C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile... or just ..Documents\My Games\Path of Exile and ran it it booted up instantly and replaced everything it the folder that was needed..

hope that helps someone
had this problem today and tried everyting here and all didnt work.

im someone how uses voicemeeeter (what in the end is not importent)

- i connectet my wirrles headset and it changed the output to that one (automaticly)

at this point PoE wont start anymore but as soon as i change it back to my old audio source it works again

for me it was 100% that it tryed to load an audio output that is standart one but not also not used or what the f*** it is idk

tldr:
change your sound back to what u had before in the bottom right (the sound symbol)
I had the same issue. The thing that helped me was to google path of exile Failed to init FMOD system. Error code 51. I haven't followed any instuctions there but It gave me understanding that a problem with a sound. You can try something from this foru thread but I just turned all sound related in my device manager. I hope this will help someone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info