Righteous Fire

I have a build that uses Increased Burning damage with Righteous Fire. This works, the increased burn damage shows up in Righteous Fire's tooltip.

I just found a 16% quality increased fire damage gem. This adds an 8% chance to ignite. The ignite chance doesn't show up on tooltip and the enemies are not being ignited. Is this a bug? Ignite chance does not say on hit. I was really hoping I could use elemental proliferation with the ignite.
Chance to X is always on-Hit.
Righteous Fire built with Fire Trap + Remote Mine + other damage supports

man that synergy!
ING: "MeneaterMildrid" or "WICKEDSICKmoves"
Last edited by Sobeck on Dec 19, 2013, 2:00:26 PM
Why does RF doesn't damage totems? Is it a bug or just a game mechanic? Because its so hard in Totem maps :/
"
Sobeck wrote:

man that synergy!
you'd also need totem support for that, which at lv 17, is negating the damage penalty of totem. 100% or tiny boost (lv 21 = 105% damage total before passives).

totems can only last a max of 2 seconds in damage this way... after totem resistance support and the passives for totems to have more res.

now if you were trying to do JUST trap and mine... nothing would happen as traps/mines have 1 hp, AND they expire when they cast something, so RF doesn't have anything to apply to.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Sobeck wrote:

man that synergy!
you'd also need totem support for that, which at lv 17, is negating the damage penalty of totem. 100% or tiny boost (lv 21 = 105% damage total before passives).

totems can only last a max of 2 seconds in damage this way... after totem resistance support and the passives for totems to have more res.

now if you were trying to do JUST trap and mine... nothing would happen as traps/mines have 1 hp, AND they expire when they cast something, so RF doesn't have anything to apply to.

i mean a normal Righteous Fire Burning built and on top of that laying Firetrap Mines as well for even more burndamage. Im just not sure if those burns stack.
ING: "MeneaterMildrid" or "WICKEDSICKmoves"
"
Elsahr wrote:
Why does RF doesn't damage totems? Is it a bug or just a game mechanic? Because its so hard in Totem maps :/

This is something I'm wondering about too...I really don't know why RF doesn't affect totems.
"
Sobeck wrote:
i mean a normal Righteous Fire Burning built and on top of that laying Firetrap Mines as well for even more burndamage. Im just not sure if those burns stack.
burns from different sources (and multiple searing totems) stack. burns of same sources do not stack (such as two different crits from fireball for example). a crit from fire trap will ignite the foe, that burning will stack with the ground burn AND righteous fire's burn (if in ranges).
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Sobeck wrote:
burns from different sources (and multiple searing totems) stack. burns of same sources do not stack (such as two different crits from fireball for example). a crit from fire trap will ignite the foe, that burning will stack with the ground burn AND righteous fire's burn (if in ranges).

i think it's more accurate to say that burns "or fire dmage over time" stacks, BUT ignite doesns "elemental status effect that inflict burn" doesn't.

so you can p.e. stack burning ground (a burn)
RF (another burn)
an ignite from a fireball (a burn inflicted by an ignite)

but you can't then stack on top of it another burn by p.e. critting on a molten shell because you already have an ignite effect.

(actually it will use the strongest till the duration of the strongest expires and then continue on with the weaker)
"
shroudb wrote:
i think it's more accurate to say that burns "or fire dmage over time" stacks, BUT ignite doesns "elemental status effect that inflict burn" doesn't.

Nope. The way Soul describes it says the same thing, but also covers the fact two separate Fire Traps (both dealing Fire Damage over Time) do not stack with eachother either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info