Righteous Fire

I am having significant difficulty trying to asses how / if RF is impacted by Infernal Mantle Chest.

Chest Effects effects:
1 | 25% of Fire Damage Converted to Chaos Damage
2 | (25 to 35)% increased Fire Damage

As stated above by Viper, RF's "burn" damage is actually just Fire Damage Over Time, does this extend:

1 | It does not increase Fire Damage over Time or Chaos Damage Over Time
2 | It increases the Fire Damage, but does not convert Fire DamOverTime to Chaos DOT
3 | It increases Fire DOT, and ALSO converts 25% of the Fire DOT to Chaos DOT

I cannot seem to verify any of these in my testing via recording and playback with various resist rates, and I cannot seem to test this on mobs in any meaningful way. Help?

-edit- I *Hope* this is able to convert to Chaos DOT, as a 1-1.5k Chaos DOT with 3-4.5K Fire DOT would be fantastic!
Last edited by VarthDaver on Dec 11, 2013, 5:40:55 PM
One would assume it is #2, gets boosted by Increased Fire, but the Chaos Conversion doesn't happen, as that as [I think] an On-Hit effect.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Conversion isn't on-Hit (it happens before the Skill applies its damage), but it does only apply to flat Damage; Damage over Time does not benefit.
It's in the patch notes actually :P Ctrl+f Conv
"
FoolyCoolant wrote:
To all of you using righeous fire right now, how do you deal with end-game maps?

Half-regen, no regen, vulnerability, -max..all fairly common in the map pool affix..I'm thinking of doing a low-life RF build but it's looking like half the time I won't be able to actually use RF.

You just have to turn it off and have and lose your spell damage buff. It sucks but what can you do? To be fair my build is incapable of running no-regen maps and half-regen maps are something I avoid, so it's mostly just -max and vulnerability that I have to turn it off for. Elemental weakness is possible by overcapping resists of course.

I wish there was a way to have a diminished effect of RF with a lower sustain cost. I had to level all the way to level 85 before I could even use the skill since the sustain is the same at level 1 as it is at level 20+. Would changing the amount it burns for at various level thresholds be possible? That way people do get to enjoy using the skill at lower levels too. Something like..

levels 1-5 : burns for 30% of your max life/10% of your ES
levels 6-10 : burns for 50% of your max life/30% of your ES
levels 11-15 : burns for 70% of your max life/50% of your ES
levels 16-20 : burns for 90% of your max life/70% of your ES

Just random numbers I threw out but I'm sure you get the idea!
Last edited by Hrishi on Dec 13, 2013, 9:36:39 AM
Is IIR useless on Righteous Fire? I know the gem doesn't work because you aren't "hitting" anything with RF, but does IIR from gear work the same exact way?
"
MackTheKnife wrote:
Is IIR useless on Righteous Fire? I know the gem doesn't work because you aren't "hitting" anything with RF, but does IIR from gear work the same exact way?
it was fixed to work with DoT's. all dots... nothing is special.
Wait, does that mean the gem now works too? If so I will swap Concentrated Effect for Item Rarity when not fighting big bosses. I already remove Concentrated Effect for clearing a lot of the time.

Another question. I currently don't have the mana to cast spells that aren't my low level Ice Nova, which is there for Elemental Equilibrium. How should I deal with totems? The way I'm currently doing it is by dousing Righteous Fire, weapon swapping to Terminus Est, and whacking away at them (which actually takes more than a few hits).
Maybe give Storm Call a try? It's the hot new thing.
-Cheap. 18 Mana per cast at level 19. That's cheaper than a level 7 Ice Nova
-Favourable EE trigger
-Not a Projectile (nice against Allies cannot Die)
-Spell Damage (RF! Yay)
-Slightly hitspammy, which makes Culling work well (110% Mult support)
-Works with Conc if your Mana can sustain that (160% Mult)
-Fast. 0.5s Cast time

If you can give it a four-link, SC + Cull + RM + Conc at level 18 would cost 23 Mana. Without Conc, 14 Mana.
Has anyone confirmed that the new Node "Growth and Decay" (18%increased dmg over time / 1% life regen). Increase the DOT on you or is it the dmg out put of RF or both?
RF isnt a "DoT" in the game. Its an area of effect that burns nearby enemies.

Questions. So if you happen to have ES on your gear or of someone in the party has discipline im assuming RF will burn FASTER? because itll add 70% of es as burn? if so then any builds trying to use both life AND ES will never be sustainable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info