Righteous Fire

Can someone help me calculate my righteous fire damage?

I have 4857 health.
I have the 60% increased burn damage from the skill tree
Righteous Fire is linked to a level 16 increased burn damage gem (56% increased burn damage)
They are both in an Infernal Mantle that gives 9% increased spell damage and 28% increased fire damage.
I cast righteous fire while holding dual redbeak rusted swords (100% increased damage each).

I don't which order these bonuses apply or which only add to the base amount. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
4857 *.9 = 4371.3
4371.3 * (1 + .6 +.56 +.28 +2) = 19,408.572 -> 19.408.6 damage per second
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
4857 *.9 = 4371.3
4371.3 * (1 + .6 +.56 +.28 +2) = 19,408.572 -> 19.408.6 damage per second

Actually, it is *.5 , not .9 .

The .9 part is dealt to your HP. Only 50% of your HP and ES are dealt as damage to the mobs.

When I mean that, I meant ( HP + ES ) * .5

Even then, you also have to take into consideration of the monster's resistance. So you do something like

Total DPS * (1 - Monster Resistance) = real total DPS
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 22, 2013, 1:40:37 AM
sleeping at work is bad, ok guys =p?
Does Fire Pen work with RF?
No.
Fire Penetration is an on-Hit effect. RF is a degeneration effect, those do not hit.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
I've heard of this weapon swap method where you first cast RF with dual Redbeak or Searing Touch, then switch to weapon + Rise of the Phoenix.

This seems like a cool idea, but how do the mechanics work? I guess that the RF will burn for more damage, but does it use your life/ES value with dual Redbeak / Searing Touch OR with weapon + Rise of the Phoenix? I wouldn't want to have RF's damage based on a lower life/ES pool.
Last edited by mimivirus on Dec 23, 2013, 3:24:48 PM
"
Ryukopron wrote:
Can someone help me calculate my righteous fire damage?

I have 4857 health.
I have the 60% increased burn damage from the skill tree
Righteous Fire is linked to a level 16 increased burn damage gem (56% increased burn damage)
They are both in an Infernal Mantle that gives 9% increased spell damage and 28% increased fire damage.
I cast righteous fire while holding dual redbeak rusted swords (100% increased damage each).

I don't which order these bonuses apply or which only add to the base amount. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Redbeaks require you to be low life for the damage bonus, but if you were to activate RF while below 35% maximum life, you'd be dealing:

(4857*0.5)*(1+1+1+0.6+.56+.28) = (2428)*(4.44) = 10782 fire damage per second, or around that much before accounting for monster resistances.

"
I've heard of this weapon swap method where you first cast RF with dual Redbeak or Searing Touch, then switch to weapon + Rise of the Phoenix.

This seems like a cool idea, but how do the mechanics work? I guess that the RF will burn for more damage, but does it use your life/ES value with dual Redbeak / Searing Touch OR with weapon + Rise of the Phoenix? I wouldn't want to have RF's damage based on a lower life/ES pool.

Righteous Fire sets its damage at its time of casting, as do all spells. If you swap, the effective damage per second will remain unchanged, since that value was set. This means whatever your health is when you're using the redbeaks would be the base value, not the other set of gear.

It's essentially always more valuable to swap weapons instead of the damage gained from the health on Rise + the other weapon. At least for damage and survivability purposes.

IIR DOESNT WORK WITH RF WTF? I THOUGHT IT DID SOMEONE PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS>

ALSO WHICH IS BETTER SEARING TOUCH VS. DUAL REDBEAKS?
IGN getrichquicky
Last edited by fadingg1ory on Dec 24, 2013, 2:46:15 PM
whats my rf burn dps ?

10479 max energyshield
1139 max life

All gems lvl 20

Increased burning damage
8% increased aoe dmg
concentrated effect
double redbeak 200% inc dmg
60% increased burning dmg from tree

thanks in advance !