Righteous Fire

"
Hubabuba wrote:
RF isnt a "DoT" in the game. Its an area of effect that burns nearby enemies.

Questions. So if you happen to have ES on your gear or of someone in the party has discipline im assuming RF will burn FASTER? because itll add 70% of es as burn? if so then any builds trying to use both life AND ES will never be sustainable?
people already proven that it is still possible to have a net gain.

and if you spec'ed for hp and someone moves es onto you, you should still be fine if your hp regen is high enough. 70% of a small number is negligible.
Has anyone tested the DoT nodes for RF?

Also, what increases self-inflicted damage after 1.0.2? I can only think of Inner Force and any other nodes that say "% increased effect of buffs on you." Or perhaps if the DoT nodes work, they also increase self-inflicted damage? And now that the RF aura is correctly tagged as area damage, I assume Concentrated Effect works. Has anyone tested whether CE increases self-inflicted damage as well?

I just want to know how to maximize RF damage without making it harder to sustain. Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I know that "% increased spell damage" nodes don't increase the burning damage, but what about "% increased elemental damage" nodes?
Last edited by mimivirus on Dec 16, 2013, 4:06:30 AM
Is there a way to increase the aoe of righteous fire? Ive tried the gym/passives and it doesn't seem to be effected even though people are saying it is an aoe skill.
The AoE nodes @Templar and Witch increase the AoE Radius of RF.
Link your RF to Inc AoE support and compare. The base range of RF is pretty small (10), so the difference isn't too big.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
"
Hubabuba wrote:
[RF] is an area of effect that burns nearby enemies.

Yes, and Burn is... Damage over Time. Welp.
RF is Fire Damage over Time. It will benefit from Damage over Time bonuses. RF's self-inflicted Damage over Time is somewhat unique in that it only scales with Resists, not Damage multipliers.
So the new node "growth and decay" does effect the dmg done to enemies but DOESNOT effect the burn on you? If I have read this properly.
"
IncogHS102 wrote:
So the new node "growth and decay" does effect the dmg done to enemies but DOESNOT effect the burn on you? If I have read this properly.

Yes, I believe that is the case, though I haven't tried it myself.

On another note, what supports can be used on RF? Does it even need a 6L?
Rarity
Quantity
Inc aoe
Conc effect
Empower
Enhance
Inc burn dmg
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
Rarity
Quantity
Inc aoe
Conc effect
Empower
Enhance
Inc burn dmg

Rarity and quantity work on RF now? They don't seem to show on the tooltip. Neither does Conc Effect's area damage (but I believe it works).
They shouldn't, IIR and IIQ gems are on Hit effects, Degen effects do not hit. Modifiers from gear will work though.
Concentrated Effect will decrease it's AoE range and improve it's damage, even if this isn't displayed.

Edit:
Well, sorry, I just found out that IIR and IIQ actually do work with DoTs now.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
Last edited by Delirii on Dec 19, 2013, 11:15:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info