Righteous Fire

I have just reached the level where RF becomes viable, and I'd like to get some confirmation on a bunch of mechanics around it - I've seen a lot of conflicting statements in different build threads (probably due to patch changes) and have some trouble designing my build.
So, of the following modifiers

- Increased Fire Damage
- Concentrated Effect
- Increased Burning Damage
- Increased Effect of Buffs on you (Inner Force)
- Increased Elemental Damage
- Fire Penetration
- Chance to Ignite
- Increased Item Rarity
- Iron Will
- Increased Spell Damage
- Life Leech

which ones do increase the burning damage to mobs, to both mobs and me, or don't work at all?

I can barely sustain the skill right now and want to avoid increasing damage on me for a bit, also trying to decide wether to go with a fire spell and all-out on fire nodes vs. lighting/cold spell and EE. Learning how these modifiers work is really important for that.
Last edited by Achanei on Dec 10, 2013, 9:05:28 PM
-Enemies
-Enemies
-Enemies
-Both
-Enemies
-Damage over Time does not Hit, and Pen is an on-Hit effect. No effect
-On-Hit effect
-Well it won't increase the damage output. It does apply though
-Damage over Time is neither Spell nor Attack; Iron Will increases Spell Damage
-Nope
-On-Hit effect
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 10, 2013, 11:13:09 PM
New Patch 1.03. Does Righteous Fire works with increase damage over time note?
IGN: CafeRacers
I would like to know this as well, do the damage over time nodes near the duelist tree help with RF damage?
"
Righteous Fire Totems will damage enemies based on their own life and ES, not their caster's life and ES.

Well, that was fun while it lasted I guess. I knew this was coming, but that doesn't make me any less sad about it.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

-Well it won't increase the damage output. It does apply though

Actually it doesn't as RF doesn't recognize it as a linked support gem...

The IIR on gear should work though.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Dec 11, 2013, 3:28:19 AM
"
HellGauss wrote:
"
ShinoRagnar wrote:

Wait, wait, wait does this mean that i can run 2 Redbeaks in my weapon swap. Turn on RF, then switch back and keep the 200% damage modifier? This will make my build truely bonkers if that is the case.

I think that if you cast RF with searing touch and then swap, you get the damage bonus both of +level, +fire and +burning damage. This sholud be because RF is cast only once, and is not something that is continuosly 'casted' as an effect. (Of course with 1.0.2 this applies only to enemies)-

If it is so, this should be applied also to other spells: if you cast fireball, then you swap your items or change your stats, and the fireball hits after these changes, it still keeps the original bonuses, and not the new one.

I suspect this because of auras: when you level an aura gem, you have to recast it to benefit the new bonus, because the aura effect is calculated only once.

PS: some possible tests on RF:
Cast it, then upgrade your gear with +life items. Does the (flat) damage is still the same, or it increase?
Cast it with +increased area item (there is a unique armor with this bonus). Does the radius changes when the item is removed?

Tried this out yesterday :D

Im happy to announce that the skill keeps all modifiers from when initially cast. Both the radius and any +damage modifiers will apply to the spell after cast. I put righteous fire, increased area of effect and increased burning damage in a redbeak along with another redbeak for the offhand. I then switched back to my Phoenix shield and voila, it worked! The damage output was INSANE! I currently have 7000 ES, 1000 HP which gives me 4000 burning damage per second. 4000*3.59= 14360 dps :D
I have Conc Effect and 12%q Inc AoE linked to my RF, would that last 8% Quality (+4% AoE Radius) do much?

I also think Discharge synergizes fairly well with RF. BM+IW+Conc+Discharge in a 4L, and it gets the 1.6x Multiplier from RF. With a Lightning Damage Ring/Ammy and Cyclone to trigger Elemental Equilibrium, you'd be able to get 1.5x on the Discharge of both Endurance and Frenzy Charges (Blood Dance, which also gives Regen.)

If you have the space in your Gear Sockets, it could be interesting to try.. :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Whether it does anything or not depends on your current Increased AoE Radius value.

RF has a base radius of 10, and any increase rounds down. If you have 9% currently, then getting an additional 1% will have an effect. The subsequent 3% will not.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Whether it does anything or not depends on your current Increased AoE Radius value.

RF has a base radius of 10, and any increase rounds down. If you have 9% currently, then getting an additional 1% will have an effect. The subsequent 3% will not.
Thanks, that was very helpful [and enlightening] ^.^
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Dec 11, 2013, 2:40:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info