Righteous Fire

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
chemmyone wrote:
I searched the thread a bit but didn't see anything about RF not affecting enemy totems.. what's up with dat? (i may have not searched enough)

The damage effect uses Aura tech (but isn't labeled an Aura), and Totems are immune to Aura effects.

Well, that's ... poopy... thanks for the answer..;) Personally i'm conversion trapping the allies cannot die and ignoring the rest for the most part.. anyways.. good build.. started at about lvl 75.. pretty beast dam.. someone buying up all the q inc aos! ..

Misc:

My wand.. 300-350 chroms later

Spoiler
Spell Damage and Iron Will doesn't affect Righteous Fire? One would assume it does, given that it has the "Spell" Tag, and that DoT's are now affected by modifiers..

I assume it doesn't "snapshot" your +Fire/Burning Dmg when you swap weapons, ie. cast with Searing Touch then switch to 1h/Phoenix, you wouldn't keep the dmg boost from ST [unless you swapped back with a Ruby Flask up], correct?

Edit: The Wiki says Increased Fire Damage doesn't affect it, is this true? I would assume not, since Ignite is also affect by it, and both are Fire DoTs..
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Dec 9, 2013, 6:50:02 AM
It's a Spell - that doesn't mean it deals Spell Damage.
By definition, Damage over Time is never Spell nor Attack.

The wiki is outdated. Inc Fire Damage works.

No clue about damage calc.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
I assume it doesn't "snapshot" your +Fire/Burning Dmg when you swap weapons, ie. cast with Searing Touch then switch to 1h/Phoenix, you wouldn't keep the dmg boost from ST [unless you swapped back with a Ruby Flask up], correct?

This is exactly how it works. I made a quick video, HERE http://youtu.be/7cDvoV_cEY4

Let me go through what I am doing:
-I put my normal RF buffs up, then cast RF with no weapon, and burn to 1 health.
-I equip Searing Touch, and repeat the process
-I equip / unequip ST, and the Unique Doon Mace

You can rather clearly see that none of them impact the burn rate from RF, its much harder to "show" that it is the same on damage dealt, but you can test in game, it seems to be consistent.

*After watching it, I apologize for the lowish quality, and the poor choice of red background, it still illustrated the point enough that its not worth re-doing, please test for yourself ingame.*
"
VarthDaver wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

This is exactly how it works. I made a quick video, HERE http://youtu.be/7cDvoV_cEY4

Let me go through what I am doing:
-I put my normal RF buffs up, then cast RF with no weapon, and burn to 1 health.
-I equip Searing Touch, and repeat the process
-I equip / unequip ST, and the Unique Doon Mace

You can rather clearly see that none of them impact the burn rate from RF, its much harder to "show" that it is the same on damage dealt, but you can test in game, it seems to be consistent.

*After watching it, I apologize for the lowish quality, and the poor choice of red background, it still illustrated the point enough that its not worth re-doing, please test for yourself ingame.*
I don't see how that method of testing is relevant. GGG has stated that you can't increase the burn on yourself, but you can increase the burn on enemies. And testing that part, is a lot harder..
To all of you using righeous fire right now, how do you deal with end-game maps?

Half-regen, no regen, vulnerability, -max..all fairly common in the map pool affix..I'm thinking of doing a low-life RF build but it's looking like half the time I won't be able to actually use RF.
RF probably is one of the worst choices when it comes to rolling maps. I kinda regret having a character build around this skill. All of those mods you mentioned prevent me from using it.
Though, if I don't use it, my damage drops a lot, and considering the amount of skill points it needs to get RF running, I'm pretty much fucked if I can't use it.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
"
DoctorMachete wrote:
"
VarthDaver wrote:
"
DoctorMachete wrote:

Does still count the 70% burning dmg from ST when you swap to another weapon?

It does for RF as it "imprints" of sorts other effects are dynamic and will go down with weapon swap.

Thx. I´ve been running a RF build for a little while but wasn't sure.

Wait, wait, wait does this mean that i can run 2 Redbeaks in my weapon swap. Turn on RF, then switch back and keep the 200% damage modifier? This will make my build truely bonkers if that is the case.
"
ShinoRagnar wrote:

Wait, wait, wait does this mean that i can run 2 Redbeaks in my weapon swap. Turn on RF, then switch back and keep the 200% damage modifier? This will make my build truely bonkers if that is the case.

I think that if you cast RF with searing touch and then swap, you get the damage bonus both of +level, +fire and +burning damage. This sholud be because RF is cast only once, and is not something that is continuosly 'casted' as an effect. (Of course with 1.0.2 this applies only to enemies)-

If it is so, this should be applied also to other spells: if you cast fireball, then you swap your items or change your stats, and the fireball hits after these changes, it still keeps the original bonuses, and not the new one.

I suspect this because of auras: when you level an aura gem, you have to recast it to benefit the new bonus, because the aura effect is calculated only once.

PS: some possible tests on RF:
Cast it, then upgrade your gear with +life items. Does the (flat) damage is still the same, or it increase?
Cast it with +increased area item (there is a unique armor with this bonus). Does the radius changes when the item is removed?
Roma timezone (Italy)
Last edited by HellGauss on Dec 10, 2013, 11:12:10 AM
"
HellGauss wrote:
PS: some possible tests on RF:
Cast it, then upgrade your gear with +life items. Does the (flat) damage is still the same, or it increase?
Cast it with +increased area item (there is a unique armor with this bonus). Does the radius changes when the item is removed?
I used to have an RF char back in the day, and I can say that it does keep the Radius. I was using Divinarius for the AoE, before I switched over to a +X to Fire 1hander in Weapon Swap.

I guess the easiest way to test if it does snapshot, is to use minimal Life gear (so that your RF dps is low), and go to Merciless Ledge with a stopwatch, and time how long it takes to kill Kuduku, with, without, and with Weapon Swapping, Searing Touch..

As for Map Mods, how is it any different than someone who runs CI or uses Spells? They avoid certain Map Mods as well. Everyone has something they prefer to avoid, be it necessary or not.
And, RF Passives aren't that different than the ones most people get for Facebreakers. So just equip Facebreakers and Bringer of Rain for those harder maps. I myself am considering combining the two to see if that works...
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Dec 10, 2013, 11:41:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info