Righteous Fire

I would like also confirmation if plain "incresed damage" (from Doon Cuebiyari or low hp Redbeak) works (and if it is inteded if it doesn't).
"
SteKrz wrote:
I would like also confirmation if plain "incresed damage" (from Doon Cuebiyari or low hp Redbeak) works (and if it is inteded if it doesn't).

My ingame testing with Doon would indicate it does work. Its still better to have Searing Touch on a weapon swap, sadly.
"
VarthDaver wrote:
[...]do we have any confirmation that burn damage is just a name, where it was not the case in the past?

Burn Damage has always been just Fire Damage over Time; RF, Ignite and Fire Trap have always been the same. It's Damage over Time as a whole that used to be treated differently.
Searing Bond is also ~special~ in that it's the only Fire Damage over Time source that stacks with itself.
Related.

More on Fire Pen.

Area Damage used to not affect RF (sauce), but that bug was fixed.

('extensive' is one way to put it :P It's what I do around here)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 6, 2013, 9:20:06 PM
Does this mean that increased fire damage will also scale the "burn" part of firetrap as it is just fire damage over time as well?

edit-not the burn from ignite, the secondary normal burn from fire trap.
Last edited by VarthDaver on Dec 6, 2013, 10:01:02 PM
Yep, that'll work. Searing Touch is still king. :P
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Does still count the 70% burning dmg from ST when you swap to another weapon?

"
DoctorMachete wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

It does for RF as it "imprints" of sorts other effects are dynamic and will go down with weapon swap.
I searched the thread a bit but didn't see anything about RF not affecting enemy totems.. what's up with dat? (i may have not searched enough)
"
VarthDaver wrote:
"
DoctorMachete wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

It does for RF as it "imprints" of sorts other effects are dynamic and will go down with weapon swap.

Thx. I´ve been running a RF build for a little while but wasn't sure.

"
chemmyone wrote:
I searched the thread a bit but didn't see anything about RF not affecting enemy totems.. what's up with dat? (i may have not searched enough)

The damage effect uses Aura tech (but isn't labeled an Aura), and Totems are immune to Aura effects.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info