Righteous Fire

Does Inner Force still increase the burn damage on the player with the new change?
"
M59Gar wrote:
Does Inner Force still increase the burn damage on the player with the new change?

yes
Roma timezone (Italy)
Lots of buffs to Righteous Fire since I last viewed PoE. The new unique, Lifesprig, grants players the ability to sustain RF early-game with sufficient mana regen and incinerate.

Burn damage increases no longer affect the self-damage of RF, meaning Searing Touch and all those burn damage nodes are much safer to pick up.

Purity of Flame can reach 5% at rank 23, which can be accomplished with either Searing Touch or Lifesprig with a linked Empower.
I'm curious, does IIR and Iron Will work with this skill now after the changes?
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Iron Will makes Strength apply to Spell Damage; Damage over Time is neither Spell nor Attack.
IIQ/R Supports now work, yes.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Iron Will makes Strength apply to Spell Damage; Damage over Time is neither Spell nor Attack.

Figured as much.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
IIQ/R Supports now work, yes.

Sweet, wasn't sure as RF always been a bit of a special case.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
nvm

Last edited by Jar0mir on Dec 6, 2013, 9:53:53 AM
"
Willemoesium wrote:
Also, i have taken some Increased fire damage notes in the tree, but they do not show under offence of the skill, like increased burning damage do. Does it still aply?

Can we get a Dev / Mod clarification on this please? The skill as read indicates that damage is done "as fire damage." My understanding is that RF deals burn damage, but that it uses a resist check vs fire for calculations. It however (as best I can tell) does not interact with fire Penetration. So Questions:

1. Does Increased Fire Damage increase the amount of damage done via RF to mobs via RF?
2. Is there any interaction with Fire Penetration and RF?
1. Yes. "Burn" damage is only a name, it's just Fire Damage per Second. Fire Damage per Second now benefits from Increased Fire Damage.

2. No. Resist Penetration is an on-Hit effect, and Damage over Time does not Hit.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
1. Yes. "Burn" damage is only a name, it's just Fire Damage per Second. Fire Damage per Second now benefits from Increased Fire Damage.

2. No. Resist Penetration is an on-Hit effect, and Damage over Time does not Hit.

I could not test any interaction with resist pen, however the tooltip for the spell does not indicate on hit, and RF indicates its fire damage, so we clearly cannot trust tooltip. I agree though.

Do you have any reference that RF is specifically indicates it is fire damage beyond the tooltip? In the past RF has always been treated differently, and the tooltip has not mattered much.

The patch notes do indicate "Type-specific modifiers will apply as well. For example, "increased fire damage" modifiers will apply to fire damage over time," which has me hopeful, but do we have any confirmation that burn damage is just a name, where it was not the case in the past?

-edit- Looks like you have an extensive technical response posting, apologies if you have some backend knowledge, I just didn't see a GGG tag.

If it is just fire, this means that it is scaled from Fire Damage, Elemental Damage, Area Damage, Burn Damage, and General Increased Damage. Still would like it confirmed as my testing ingame doesn't show it.
Last edited by VarthDaver on Dec 6, 2013, 8:16:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info