Righteous Fire

Wazzup GGG, you just made this skill completely useless!!!

Only usage I can come up with now is that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE you will be able to maintain RF with Mana shield and this is only if you get huge amount of mana probably with Eldritch bat(also eliminating all your ES) still you will need all the life regen you can get!

If we assume you have 4k health your selfburn will be 2800 unmitigated dmg to your health pool 1200 going to mana. if we assume you have 75% resistance the selfdmg will be 700dps to your healthpool and 300dps to your mana pool. You will need AT LEAST 25% life regen to maintain your health pool, which is probably doable, but insane. On top of that you will need a shitload of mana(ES) to maintain ur mana pool.

This skill is simply not usable anymore, I am surprised that GGG has overseen this! Or maybe I am just completely oblivious to how this skill should now be put to use. You can ofcourse run it with a 100% life character and put it on a spell totem....

My planned tank build just got a whole lot more boring and I have to come up with something new now to make an ES Block tank that can do viable damage.

Please read this GGG; I think this skill deserves a hotfix.

Link to planned makeshift spec -
Spoiler
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsMfRB_FE0ZLhoyGmwc3B0UHoEfAiSLJ-0oxSj6LR82xTdHO-E8BT0PPV9DY0bXRwZLjUw1TdhRYFJTVElXDVj1XcZfP19qYG1mnm0ZcH1xTXvXfLt_xoFvgziLjIx2j0aPpo_6kc6XlZitms-dgJ2uncSePJ_foLSio6cIpyuplbUEtzG4k7ndu-3BxcHzwuzDbcT2xp7Uj9gk2WHb593z4vfjguQi51Lr7uwY7w7vfPF28i_zvvPd98H60vuq_xw=

Best regards
Lusen
Last edited by lusen on Oct 24, 2013, 7:04:53 AM
Unavailable more with such really insane degen, increased mana cost of auras (no vitality, which no helps you, cuz you need approx 8.5-10% hp\es regeneration)
GGG pls cut ES persentage burn.
ign: WarriorsOfEternity Scion Battle Spectromancer low life 8 auras | Domination (Standart) League | Life
ign: _Forsaken Shadow Dual Dagger Melee Crit 40k dps (68k abyssus) | Standart League | wasted
ES users can still maintain RF. just try not to boost your actual hp, grab at least 5%/sec life regen (with ZO), some aura boosts for vitality, phoenix shield, and the life regen with frenzy charges boots.

everything else varries a reasonable amount from there.

although yes, pure life users gotten a heavy buff, enables them to spec less or spec harder (size/damage)
Let's make some math....

DGhp = dmg from HP (Degeneration)
DGes = dmg from ES (Degeneration)
ER = ES regen
ZO = Zealot's Oath
FR = Fire Resist (inc. Purity + passive nodes + uniques (e.g. Rise of the Phoenix)
LR = Life Regeneration

ZO required to change LR to ER. You need: DG < ER
DGhp = 90%*maxHP*(100-FR)/100
DGes = 70%* ES *(100-FR)/100
ER = LR%*ES + LR

So given for my sporker: 600 Life, 6500ES, 77 Fire Resist, let's see LR% needed:
DGhp = 0.9*600*(100-77)/100 = 124.2
DGes = 0.7*6500*(100-77)/100 = 1046.5
DG = 124.2 + 1046.5 = 1170.7
To maintain you need at least: ER=DG => LR%*6500=1170.7 => LR%=18%
No Comments
You can accumulate LR from passives, Vitality(+buffed), uniques (boots+frenzy charges, Shav ring)
Really tough, I do not think it's feasible for low life Spork build.
IGN: Sapogeros (MF-Spork) - FwtiaKaiLabra (Scion-RF)
Last edited by Pavlarian on Oct 25, 2013, 7:00:56 AM
"
Pavlarian wrote:
Let's make some math....

DGhp = dmg from HP (Degeneration)
DGes = dmg from ES (Degeneration)
ER = ES regen
ZO = Zealot's Oath
FR = Fire Resist (inc. Purity + passive nodes + uniques (e.g. Rise of the Phoenix)
LR = Life Regeneration

ZO required to change LR to ER. You need: DG < ER
DGhp = 90%*maxHP*(100-FR)/100
DGes = 70%* ES *(100-FR)/100
ER = LR%*ES + LR

So given for my sporker: 600 Life, 6500ES, 77 Fire Resist, let's see LR% needed:
DGhp = 0.9*600*(100-77)/100 = 124.2
DGes = 0.7*6500*(100-77)/100 = 1046.5
DG = 124.2 + 1046.5 = 1170.7
To maintain you need at least: ER=DG => LR%*6500=1170.7 => LR%=18%
No Comments
You can accumulate LR from passives, Vitality(+buffed), uniques (boots+frenzy charges, Shav ring)
Really tough, I do not think it's feasible for low life Spork build.

like he said not viable for lowlife. a.k.a RIP

wish i could atleast get 3g 2r 1b to it but no.. 2k chroms down and only 5 off was 5r. i quess GG for me.

really nice benefit from farming 2 months to get shavronnes and 1 month to 6link it and finalyl on release get assraped.
While I agree it was too easy to sustain it before, I think the change is too much.

So I have a suggestion.

Makes the percentage of life and/or energy that you burns for, increase with the gem level.

Adjust the more spell damage bonus in consequence.

Low level gem: easier to sustain, but you only get a small bonus.
High level gem: almost impossible to sustain, but you get a large bonus.
Last edited by JIIX on Oct 25, 2013, 12:29:02 PM
"
JIIX wrote:
While I agree it was too easy to sustain it before, I think the change is too much.

So I have a suggestion.

Makes the percentage of life and/or energy that you burns for, increase with the gem level.

Adjust the more spell damage bonus in consequence.

Low level gem: easier to sustain, but you only get a small bonus.
High level gem: almost impossible to sustain, but you get a large bonus.

+1 to that GREAT idea!
How is this sustainable for pure life builds now?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
i still dont get it...

now even with all regen u cant still run it properly.. what am i saying its pretty much impossible to run it now..

the whole skill got unusable now... they should change it to smth so both Life-only and ES can use it.. but with less spell dmg buff.. that would be enough and still be a viable choice for some builds..

but right now.. like i said.. not useable.. completly useless skill..

the degen-rate % should be same for ES and Life...so both can use it.. make it hard but not that hard.. and nerf the dmg even more if u want.. but make it usable again.. or remove the whole skill..
"
How is this sustainable for pure life builds now?
0.9 *(1- [.75 +.02 +.08 +.02* {1+ aura effect passives}]) = at least .117 or 11.7% hp/sec degen at this point.
max passive regen is 9.4% [but 9.8% but take a 20% increase to burning damage] (5.5% is more reasonable) + (1.65 * aura passives) = between 7.15% to 11.45%
so far if using highest value 11.7 -11.05 = 0.65% hp/sec degen still
there are now the 1%/sec regen per frenzy charge from unique boots, .02% per end charge, 1% while low life from a unique. but it'll be just as easy to make vitality aura moderately stronger which will likely grant an extra resistance from purity as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info