Righteous Fire

I've been messing around with full life RF for a while now, I actually got quite far, being able to solo 70+ maps(72 max). But it feels like it just doesn't do enough for the investment you have to put into it.

I mean, I only managed to get this build to work, by getting insane life regen(I think I hit 15%+ max life a second or something?)and high fire res(89% for me). You will only deal around 11%/2 = 5.5% of your max life a second, seeing I only hit a mere 4K life = 200 dps.
Well, that's okay, I guess. It's feel still more then it is right now. But the range of RF is also incredably small. Hell, I need to stand next to a mob to actually hit them with the burning damage. And since I sacrifice all my life regen for damage output(interesting mechanism btw!), there is not much I can do to sustain my life(not entirely true, I use EK + life steal, but still, meh).

I have the feeling the DPS of RF alone needs to be higher to be effective. Not 100%, I think that would be an overkill, but at least 75% of your max life instead of 50.
Also, the range.. Well, maybe the max dps output shouldn't be bigger, but what if you gave it a mechanism like Point Blanc?
Let me clarify that. For example, let's say the range of RF now is 1M. I say you should double it, so you hit enemys 2m away from you, but with the PB mechanism. So enemies between 1 and 2meters get less damage based on how far they are away. So enemies still get 75% of your max life at the edge(1m), but that value lowers down to 0% the closer they get to the 2m mark. You won't be able to fully burn everything to death in a wide radius around you, but the skill will feel better, actually adds more to the playstyle: you will be given the choise whether you want to stick around an enemy, or stay away from it, and try to burn it from a distance.

This won't affect low life build much, or even at all, since the DPS and range increase on a unbuffed low life build is neglectable. They should still stand practically next to the enemy, something they do quite often.

Hah. RF has been obsessing me ever since I saw my first vid about it, back then before HP got nerfed. I really hope this will be a thing once more :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
wow, they havent done anything in this few month to make high life RF viable again? i was already retired after GGG brainlessly make high life RF obselete, but to think they still dont do anything even this build was POE build of the week 11, such a shame, GG GGG

edit: and to think high life RF wasnt popular build, since they are harder to manage than auto-attack build, and its less powerfull compared to popular build on its era before nerf, such a big mistake to make high life RF obselete, and still no answer from GGG in my thread?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/403631/page/1
Last edited by aristolholy on Sep 10, 2013, 6:17:44 AM
@Groene Appels zijn het beste: RF's damage is based on your Max Life, not the amount of damage you are taking. It's still 50% Max Life per second :)
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Zealflare wrote:
Question for GGG employees in charge of skills: Is it intentional that Righteous Fire is the only buff-type skill in the game capable of working despite being weapon-swapped?

Both Arctic Armor and Blood Rage, as well as every aura/tempest shield stop working when they are weapon swapped, but it seems that RF is the only one that is still capable of working post-swap.
It's not - blood rage works the same, and for the same reason. The point of RF is you can't freely turn it off. It's supposed to be dangerous. Allowing weapon swap to be a free way to remove the buff would be counter to that.

Easy, make the BURNING persist, but the buff to spell damage etc if swapped NOT.

With Empower gem and +1 to all +2 to fire daggers, you can have a Righteous Fire level 26... yeah like Shavronne needs another buff right?
IGN: LessBow
Last edited by Schn1tt3r on Sep 10, 2013, 11:26:36 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
@Groene Appels zijn het beste: RF's damage is based on your Max Life, not the amount of damage you are taking. It's still 50% Max Life per second :)

That... might explain why my 200dps is dealing more damage then expected.
Meh, still think it's still lacking, what I wrote there, is based on gameplay experience, not the whole calculating stuff :>
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Oh, I'm with you on that :P It was always pretty underwhelming, but when they reduced Life across the board it just became pretty pointless. Such a waste.
"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
Easy, make the BURNING persist, but the buff to spell damage etc if swapped NOT.
Those are not separate effects. They are one buff.
There just needs to be a way that it doesn't snapshot so they can't get 6 free levels off their gem from their offhand weapon.
IGN: Aux
I feel righteous fire needs to be changed so that players can use it like in that build of the week. Four suggestions:
1) increase righteous fire's aoe circle. Right now you have to be right next to an enemy to use it.
2) Ability to turn it off like an aura. We should have the right to decide whether to maintain it or to stop using it. It shouldn't be turned off only by a flask or when our life goes to 1. If it was a keynode, I'd understand it can't be turned off, but it's a skill gem.
3) Increase the damage enemies take from it. Right now it sits at 50%, while we take 100%. Test the damage on enemies in the 60-70% range for a suitable balance.
4) The spell is a buff and debuff. However, inner force increases the degeneration rate when the degeneration part is a debuff. I feel inner force should only increase the spell damage portion.
"
Jatropha wrote:
4) The spell is a buff and debuff.

It's not. RF applies just one Buff, and that Buff includes self-immolation. If the damage was a separate debuff, it would appear as such on the effects monitor.
Buffs aren't strictly 100% positive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info