Righteous Fire

"
Amiag wrote:
is there any way to make this work on a life build right now ?

Yes, I'm currently working on one and the answer is Blood Dance and Frenzy charges as well as getting as many regen nodes from the passive tree as possible. Rise of the phoneix, purity and ele adaptation is granted.
Pants of Textile
I want a unique belt with mods something like this: (Too bad I can't afford a pack to create unique)

Leather Belt
+(25-40) to Maximum Life
-------------------------
+10 to all Attributes
+(80-120) to Maximum Life
+(20-30)% to Fire Resistance
+2% of Life Regenerated per Second
Removes all Energy Shield

The extra 2% Life Regeneration will allow wearer to reach 11.9% life regeneration if all regeneration nodes are taken and Vitality level 20 is used. This will be able to cover the self sustained damage from righteous fire if you have 89% fire resist.
(+2 from Elemental Adaptation, +4 level 20 Purity and +8 from Rise of the Phoenix will give max of 89% fire resistance)

The high amount of life will cover the losses from having to spend so many passive skill points just to get all the life regeneration nodes instead of life nodes.

There would need to be another drawback (such as reduced elemental and physical damage (Excluding Righteous Fire)) because, well, I want a way for Righteous Fire to be used as main skill for damage, instead of just a skill used to increase damage of other skills.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Though Righteous Fire damage dealing is changing with 1.0.0, it isn't going to be dealing much more damage with burning. When we were creating the skill, this damage dealt to nearby enemies moved so quickly between being far too powerful and not strong enough as balance values changed; It seems that there isn't really a good place for this dealing damage, so we decided to leave it as an additional bonus, rather than something to build a character around. This may change in future with balance adjustments to life, burning damage or the skill itself, but it's much harder than other skills to improve." - Rory GGG
Last edited by Fatto on Oct 14, 2013, 3:09:36 AM
hmm.. wonder if righteous fire works with the new "cast when damage taken" support gem?!

so, I can link righteous fire, cast when damage taken, fire trap, increased burning damage on a easy 4L.
if I got enought life it will trigger fire trap or other skills very often...

.. damn.. time to thing about it.

edit: ok, no more "increased burning damage" with righteous fire.. hmm.. however, can use it still as a fast trigger

so i better 4L: righteous fire, cast when damage taken, fire trap, life leech
+ maybe bear trap together with vaal pact
Last edited by gloobonious on Oct 14, 2013, 3:43:53 AM
"
gloobonious wrote:
hmm.. wonder if righteous fire works with the new "cast when damage taken" support gem?!
DoT (RF) doesn't "hit" and that is what the support gem will "wait" for to trigger linked gems.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
gloobonious wrote:
DoT (RF) doesn't "hit" and that is what the support gem will "wait" for to trigger linked gems.

that support has no "hit" on it, just a "when".. so i wondered because it has no "cast when x melee / spell / eg damage taken on it, but as I think about it now, it would be too strong. would trigger on burning ground as well, but at least it will trigger on reflect damage.

edit: anyways, it wont work because i cant cast righteous fire with that linked gem.. so it would rather trigger if i cannot cast supported spells directly.
Last edited by gloobonious on Oct 14, 2013, 4:27:09 AM
"Damage" implies "Hit". There is no way to deal Damage without inflicting a Hit.
Of note: Damage over Time is not Damage.
Hi,

I have a suggestion about RF to make, maybe someone already asked about it but I didn't found anything.

I'm a big fan of this skill, and I only play a spellcaster because of it. To make it work well we need to have the lowest life possible and a good ES regen... So you are almost forced to play it for a lowlife build. So if you don't have a Shavronne it's almost impossible to play it if there is any chaos damage monster...

Why not allow RF to be used with CI and calculate the ES degeneration on the life you have without CI (like for the status ailments) ?

In conclusion right now it's very difficult to play a RF spellcaster without a Shavronne.

The necesity to have a Shavronne to play a low life build without trouble with chaos damage seems normal, because you have many benefits from low life items, but forced to play with Shavronne for RF i don't see why. (forced i mean strongly recommanded of course...)

Hope to have an argumented answer :)

Thanks in advance.
IGN : Ezzesorc, Yevonen
GMT+1
Last edited by pun1sher on Oct 18, 2013, 10:55:38 AM
HELP! GGG I didn't see the notes about Righteous Fire changes and spec'd my character like he was and went out and then it became apparent I have a bricked lvl 75 character now! Noooo please GGG can you respec my char I didnt know!!!!
RF is since 1.0.0b impossible to maintain :s
Plz make the degen less insane.
I think the point they're going for is that only HP / Armor users can use this skill, because you obviously can't lower your hp much below 600 as we did before, and the only way to cut out the ES portion is to not have any. Off the top of my head i can't think of a build that this would be useful for, but with the nurf to it's dmg and this new shared mechanic it's just too much risk for so little reward.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info