Righteous Fire

"
grubworm wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
get percent hp per second from unique items and passives and vitality aura. also grab purity aura after its been leveled up a bit (for the +max res). you can also use rejuvenation totem for large dosage of fixed life per second for low and mid level usage while your hp limits are still being boosted. also flasks...

tried this not able to use RF at 31
i could with spring leaf, cautious flasks, and rejuv totem. NOT as a caster but using rf as damage. lasts long
I bursted monsters with RF, as opposed to ran around with it like a loony. :P

When I activated RF, basically everything in the AoE instantly died. Templar zone plus Oak's reward, man. Let it wear off, regen a bit, round up the next pack. Vaporise, rinse, repeat. All I needed were short duration/high regen Flasks, a single Dousing, and a Ruby for bosses. No Rejuv, Vitality, that kinda stuff. Too much effort :P

Actually, on bosses: I usually burned myself to kingdom come for the first chunk of Life, and finished the job with Heavy Strike + Life Gain on Hit. Quicker than regening and activating RF again, most of the time. A Rejuv Totem would have helped a ton there, though.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 3, 2013, 12:19:27 PM
will it possible for ggg to make righteous fire work with iir and iiq gem?
so, im am currently tweaking ym endgame passive build and think about taking inner force.
i definetly could handle the lifeloss, but what would i gain? imo, the fire dmg gets boosted and the more spell damage?
"
Gattsu89 wrote:
so, im am currently tweaking ym endgame passive build and think about taking inner force.
i definitely could handle the lifeloss, but what would i gain? imo, the fire dmg gets boosted and the more spell damage?
yes. although most people cannot handle using inner force with RF unless they are running es zealot's oath caster with some %regen or the most all the %regen they can grab from uniques and passives. the newest unique shield helps a LOT and you'll need purity and vitality auras (which get benefit from innerforce too).
thanks, yeah i get all the regen notes in the passive tree, together with the rise of the phoenix and purity i should be ok. just crunced some numbers,... wel lets try to get all those burning passives:D

my regen should be 7,4+6=13,4%

fire regen with purity and the passive and teh phoenix: 80+5(IF)+8=93

lifeloss/s=7*(1+0,3(inner force)+0,6(burning dmg notes))=13,3%

and thats without vitality... will be interesting how this will work...
ah, so you're going for using it as primary damage (high hp instead of high es).
however that 6.0 life regen per second from phoenix rise, is NOT percent based.
max life regen from passives is (0.4% *6) +5% = 7.4%
vitality @lv20 w/IF (1.5 *1.3) = 1.95%
max fire res is 75 +5 +5(purity @lv20 w/IF) +8(shield) = 93%

100% -93% = 7% *1.3 = 9.1% hp damage to self per second
(7.4% +1.95%) -9.1% = 0.25% hp healed per second, +6 hp/sec from shield

not sure if increased burning damage happens multiplicative with the buff or same, its completely different modifiers despite both increased. either way, would need endurance charges' 0.2% life regen per charge for 5+ of them and/or maybe umbu's charge with tiki amulet for 3% total extra regen while low life. there is a max possible of 9 endurance charges (3 base + 3 passives +2 for two rings +1 from bandit), so 9 *0.2 = 1.8

9.35 +4.8 = 14.15%/sec hp heal.
7 *1.9 = 13.3% hp damage to self. regen can counter this now starting at 5 endurance charges.
or 7 *1.3 *1.6 = 14.56% hp dmg/sec. regen almost keeps up but not quite.
What is the best counter for someone using Righteous Fire in PVP? Aside from max resist and high regen? Can its damage be blocked by spell block?
if "cannot be ignited" doesn't work (which it likely doesn't because rf is special even on the receiving side), then use chill, freeze, and/or being faster while at a range. however good luck when most melee rf'ers have very high hp.
"
amont0bin wrote:
What is the best counter for someone using Righteous Fire in PVP? Aside from max resist and high regen? Can its damage be blocked by spell block?

lol why u ask this? maybe we meet before at pvp?
Last edited by aristolholy on Apr 8, 2013, 11:18:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info